Favorite Adult Beverages on Equinox

taylortime05

1 hour ago, MartinsCruise said:

There's the Elderflower Blush made with Elderflower liqueur and Bombay Sapphire gin at the Passport Bar which is good....not sweet or heavy.  I'm not sure what other bars serve it.  

Thankyou! With a British Isles cruise we may spend more time at the Passport Bar than at the Pool Bar!

I think one of my favorite drinks is called a Sunset martini.  My first one was made at the Martini Bar.  When we were in Michael's Club (now Retreat lounge), I asked for one, but hostess said they can't make it there, but would go get me one at the Martini Bar.  Only took her a few minutes.......now that's service!

20 hours ago, go.without.you said:

It's been a long time since I've had this and I don't know the name but it's basically a banana daiquiri with chocolate syrup - chocolate covered banana? I'm sailing on EQ in November and I'm going to make sure I get one.

Hello, "go.without.you."  We recently studied most of the Equinox's bar menus, so we know that the Pool Bar can give us Frozen Daiquiris in any of at least four flavors -- Banana, Strawberry, Midori, and Peach -- for $9.  We'll have to ask about having the chocolate syrup added!  Thanks for the idea.

19 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

This is available on the Classic Beverage Package. It's called a Frozen Toasted Almond. I ask for them to swirl chocolate around the glass to make it even more delish, but it's really good without it as well.

20200316_123344.thumb.jpg.565976e0ce2a55501e5745d73f459cde.jpg

We cannot determine which bar serves this, "Luvcrusn."  Can you recall?  It certainly looks good, and it appears that you are near the Pool Bar, but you may have gotten it elsewhere.

13 hours ago, RickT said:

Caesar…. Extra Spicy…. Grey Goose or Tito’s vodka.

Hi, "RickT."  When you say, "Caesar," are you referring to what some people call a "Bloody Caesar," which is a Bloody Mary that is made with Clamato Juice (instead of, or in addition to, tomato juice)?  It appears that the humble cruise line calls it a "Celebrity Bloody Mary," probably available at the Destinations and Oceanview Bars in the morning for $10 -- with Ketel One Vodka that could be upgraded, as you suggested.

3 hours ago, MartinsCruise said:

There's the Elderflower Blush made with Elderflower liqueur and Bombay Sapphire gin at the Passport Bar which is good....not sweet or heavy.  I'm not sure what other bars serve it.  

The Elderflower Blush ($11) is listed on the Pool Bar's menu.  It is also on the Main Dining Room's list of aperitifs (pre-dinner cocktails).  [We will be asking for Hendrick's or Tanqueray No. 10 to replace the Bombay Sapphire (the taste of which we dislike).]

34 minutes ago, txtechmk said:

I think one of my favorite drinks is called a Sunset martini.  My first one was made at the Martini Bar.  When we were in Michael's Club (now Retreat lounge), I asked for one, but hostess said they can't make it there, but would go get me one at the Martini Bar.  Only took her a few minutes.......now that's service!

It is still available at the Martini Bar -- for $13.  It is made with Grey Goose Le Citron Vodka, Bacardi Coconut Rum, pineapple juice, and Grenadine (at least).

1 hour ago, jg51 said:

... We recently studied most of the Equinox's bar menus, so we know [etc.] ...

In posting our response, above, we neglected to mention that we were able to see those bar menus thanks to the gracious help of member, "aring75," who displayed them in the midst of a titanic "live" review of their August 15 to 27, 2021, cruise.  Thanks again, "aring75."

OUCH!  Upon re-reading the above paragraph, we noticed the frightening word, "titanic," which we had written with "no pun intended."

Edited by jg51

2 hours ago, jg51 said:

Hello, "go.without.you."  We recently studied most of the Equinox's bar menus, so we know that the Pool Bar can give us Frozen Daiquiris in any of at least four flavors -- Banana, Strawberry, Midori, and Peach -- for $9.  We'll have to ask about having the chocolate syrup added!  Thanks for the idea.

We cannot determine which bar serves this, "Luvcrusn."  Can you recall?  It certainly looks good, and it appears that you are near the Pool Bar, but you may have gotten it elsewhere.

Hi, "RickT."  When you say, "Caesar," are you referring to what some people call a "Bloody Caesar," which is a Bloody Mary that is made with Clamato Juice (instead of, or in addition to, tomato juice)?  It appears that the humble cruise line calls it a "Celebrity Bloody Mary," probably available at the Destinations and Oceanview Bars in the morning for $10 -- with Ketel One Vodka that could be upgraded, as you suggested.

The Elderflower Blush ($11) is listed on the Pool Bar's menu.  It is also on the Main Dining Room's list of aperitifs (pre-dinner cocktails).  [We will be asking for Hendrick's or Tanqueray No. 10 to replace the Bombay Sapphire (the taste of which we dislike).]

It is still available at the Martini Bar -- for $13.  It is made with Grey Goose Le Citron Vodka, Bacardi Coconut Rum, pineapple juice, and Grenadine (at least).

I've gotten the frozen toasted almond at the pool and theater pretty much any bar server will get it for you

9 hours ago, jg51 said:

Not sure what Celebrity might call it but I’ve ordered a Caesar at the sunset bar as well as the bar in the oceanview cafe with no issues.  They have small cans of Clamato juice and other than spicing it wit Bloody Mary spice (Caesar’s just use Tabasco and Worcester plus a little celery salt) they are pretty darn good.  Worth a try if you’ve never had one.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2021 at 2:10 PM, Luvcrusn said:

jg51 said:

On 9/1/2021 at 2:10 PM, Luvcrusn said:

I've gotten the frozen toasted almond at the pool and theater pretty much any bar server will get it for you

Thanks much, "Luvcrusn."  We won't procrastinate, but will try to get one as early as possible on Embarkation Day, when we expect to be hot/tired/sweaty upon boarding.  It should be refreshing!  Hmm, we just realized that you didn't reveal, and we didn't ask, what alcohol (if any) a Frozen Toasted Almond contains.  Do you recall?

6 minutes ago, jg51 said:

Thanks much, "Luvcrusn."  We won't procrastinate, but will try to get one as early as possible on Embarkation Day, when we expect to be hot/tired/sweaty upon boarding.  It should be refreshing!  Hmm, we just realized that you didn't reveal, and we didn't ask, what alcohol (if any) a Frozen Toasted Almond contains.  Do you recall?

Screenshot_20210902-153424_Chrome.jpg