Azamara Circle Event and recognition

excitedofharpenden

26 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

From the photos I saw they seem to have changed that too and there was a goodie box containing some quality skin care products. 

Phil 

There was also a spa voucher. Not sure how much for.  Nice though. 

Phil 

Edited by excitedofharpenden
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Me too. 

Phil 

Place me in the embarrassed camp too.  When I was asked my views on the event last year I actually said scrap the recognition activity, just have the cocktail party.  I had hoped Covid and gatherings might have consigned it to the suspended corner. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

I sincerely thought that maybe that first post was just tongue and cheek.
Pretty damned sad that it was serious IMHO. 
Just WOW. 

It's a shame. I started this thread as just a bit of interesting info, especially with the change of ownership of Azamara. That some of the visions are being rethought which I feel is a good thing.

The vast majority of loyal cruisers on Azamara are extremely nice people and if they happen to be the top cruiser on their cruise they take it with good grace and as Melissa said, sometimes embarrassment. As they say, there is always one or two and that's embarrassing to me in its own right!

Phil 

• Like 7

I think the change to days is a positive one and better reflects the “top cruisers” that said have never been a fan of these awards. There are better ways to reward loyalty but cruise lines like to promote these awards as they see it as aspirational making others wanting rewards keep cruising with the same line.

We’ve been there and as others have said found it embarrassing, we cruise for enjoyment and the experience not to play top trumps.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Riocca said:

I think the change to days is a positive one and better reflects the “top cruisers” that said have never been a fan of these awards. There are better ways to reward loyalty but cruise lines like to promote these awards as they see it as aspirational making others wanting rewards keep cruising with the same line.

We’ve been there and as others have said found it embarrassing, we cruise for enjoyment and the experience not to play top trumps.

The shift to days is a positive change. Years ago I suggest that after a couple or individual has won the award say 4-5 times that they be entered in some sort of Azamara Hall of Fame and that the prize revert to the next cruiser(s) who qualifies. 
We will never be in the running, but it might make for an exciting moment as more cruisers might be possible winners given that some of the “high milers” have numbers that are completely out of reach.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, nordski said:

The shift to days is a positive change. Years ago I suggest that after a couple or individual has won the award say 4-5 times that they be entered in some sort of Azamara Hall of Fame and that the prize revert to the next cruiser(s) who qualifies. 
We will never be in the running, but it might make for an exciting moment as more cruisers might be possible winners given that some of the “high milers” have numbers that are completely out of reach.

Never say never, in 2018 we were on a b2b, first cruise the top cruisers were 100+ Azamara cruises, some a achievement! Second cruise we were on our 11th Azamara cruise and we thought Russ was joking when he told us we were top cruisers. Totally embarrassed at the LCV event the only saving grace was there were so many first time Azamara cruisers onboard the event was virtually empty.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, nordski said:

I suggested a similar, you award to the top cruiser the first time in the year, they get a mention in dispatches for the rest of the year and the no 2 gets recognition.  We were told they had thought of that but that it would upset some regular top cruisers.  Pity some love their glory so much!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Jim in OR said:

Could there possibly be a more “first world problem” than this?

There probably are, but  its rather fun to think of issues that aren’t as serious as many that we face.

And, as you allude, for those who don’t care it is a discussion that can easily be ignored with few consequences.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, uktog said:

I suggested a similar, you award to the top cruiser the first time in the year, they get a mention in dispatches for the rest of the year and the no 2 gets recognition.  We were told they had thought of that but that it would upset some regular top cruisers.  Pity some love their glory so much!

I think that is a brilliant suggestion! 🏆

Why should they be upset? They would still get recognition. Probably a certificate as well.

Maybe they want to add to their collection of goodies and photos with Captain, Cruise Director and Future Cruise Sales Manager?

• Like 3

On 9/3/2021 at 7:07 PM, Baynanno1 said:

I think that is a brilliant suggestion! 🏆

Why should they be upset? They would still get recognition. Probably a certificate as well.

Although I doubt I'll ever be recognized,... however if I were, I'd prefer a glass of JW Blue instead of a participation certificate. 🥃

Or I could settle for a glass of JW Platinum.

johnnie-walker-platinum-label-signature-serve.webp

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Like 2