Azamara Circle Event and recognition

excitedofharpenden

I see from a Facebook post from someone currently on Quest that they now work you loyalty at the Azamara Circle event on number of days cruised on Azamara rather than number of cruises. The top cruiser was recognised with more days cruised than anyone else. I think this is a fairer way of doing it. 

Phil 

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

This may be a dumb question, but are they only looking at days sailed with Azamara or days sailed with Azamara and Celebrity?

As they only looked at cruises taken on Azamara in the old calculation I would assume it’s again days sailed with Azamara

Edited by uktog
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I see from a Facebook post from someone currently on Quest that they now work you loyalty at the Azamara Circle event on number of days cruised on Azamara rather than number of cruises. The top cruiser was recognised with more days cruised than anyone else. I think this is a fairer way of doing it. 

Phil 

You do!

well between health problems and covid I waited two years for a big number.

I think counting days suck.plenty of 16 days cruises in Asia, AU,NZ but,europe and Carribbean 7,  bad enough not  winning with a long term captain but my win been waiting since 2019 ..days mean nothing but my cruises do. Very unfair as my goal was that number.

never counted days and my stack of room keys is number of cruises.

1 hour ago, laurieb said:

I think counting days is very fair. Not that I’ll ever be near the top regardless of how it’s counted!  Not really important to me, I am just happy continuing to cruise with Azamara 

Me also!  Thought it might be interesting for some as this has been long discussed by the LCV staff as to which way to fairly calculate it. With the split from Royal they have obviously taken the decision to change things a little. 

Phil 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Roel94 said:

You do!

I think counting days suck.plenty of 16 days cruises in Asia, AU,NZ but,europe and Carribbean 7,  bad enough not  winning with a long term captain but my win been waiting since 2019 ..days mean nothing but my cruises do. Very unfair as my goal was that number.

This sounds very ungrateful to me. You win a race. You don't win top cruiser. It just means you've been able to cruise more than others and Azamara show their appreciation for your loyalty. Nice to be recognised, but even nicer to have taken the journey. Whether or not you "win". 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Roel94 said:

You do!

Win…. It’s not a competition and it sucks to me how ungracious people are when they are not top dog.  You don’t win, it’s not a “competition” it’s a recognition- everyone wins by being fortunate enough to be able to cruise.  How do you know you were even going to “win” as you put it and if you are recognised what difference does it make who the captain is?

Every day I am lucky enough to cruise means something to me, can’t ever say days mean nothing especially after the last year.  I’d give anything for days onboard but then I don’t cruise to be recognised at some party.

Anyway, I think this change is a good move as I said before much fairer to all.  

• Like 15

4 hours ago, Roel94 said:

You do!

I am just grateful to be on an Azamara  Cruise, never mind any type recognition. So much so that on my last three AZ cruises I haven't made the effort to attend the Azamara Circle (LCV) event.

• Like 12

11 hours ago, laurieb said:

I think counting days is very fair. Not that I’ll ever be near the top regardless of how it’s counted!  Not really important to me, I am just happy continuing to cruise with Azamara 

I am lucky to afford  maybe 1 cruise a year, so will never be a “top cruiser” either. But on Azamara, I am still treated like one.

• Like 13

15 hours ago, laurieb said:

It was a goal for me to make this number

now I have To find 40 plus room keys to count  my damn days.

that goal means nothing.

40 or 50:cruises is  a milestone bday.

13 hours ago, uktog said:

Win…. It’s not a competition and it sucks to me how ungracious people are when they are not top dog.  You don’t win, it’s not a “competition” it’s a recognition- everyone wins by being fortunate enough to be able to cruise.  How do you know you were even going to “win” as you put it and if you are recognised what difference does it make who the captain is?

Every day I am lucky enough to cruise means something to me, can’t ever say days mean nothing especially after the last year.  I’d give anything for days onboard but then I don’t cruise to be recognised at some party.

Anyway, I think this change is a good move as I said before much fairer to all.  

The captain,HD and CD as I know who my firsts were. Neither would be there for my milestone cruise. So it really had lost its meaning.

on Quest in wintertime with no one I know as an officer ad neither is favorite bartender as she stuck in Manila due to timing.

12 hours ago, norn iron said:

I am just grateful to be on an Azamara  Cruise, never mind any type recognition. So much so that on my last three AZ cruises I haven't made the effort to attend the Azamara Circle (LCV) event.

I never go unless I won and missed one when in bed in North Sea 

22 minutes ago, Roel94 said:

It was a goal for me to make this number

now I have To find 40 plus room keys to count  my damn days.

that goal means nothing.

40 or 50:cruises is  a milestone bday.

If you are concerned about number of days you have, you don't need your room key cards.  Go to the Azamara site and log in.  It has a list of all your past cruises and the number of days for each one.

Phil

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Roel94 said:

on Quest in wintertime with no one I know as an officer 

Its good to get to know the newer officers, the recent hires and promotions are all great people.  Change happens, life goes on and you may be pleasantly surprised.  

All the bar staff are wonderful by the way.........

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, ChucktownSteve said:

Curious. What would she "win" by being the top cruiser?  Is it a prize or ego?

Each year there is an item that is given to all the top cruisers eg a pair of crystal glasses but only on the first cruise of the year where they are top cruiser so no gathering collections of glasses!.  After that it is a bottle of bubbles.  So nothing significant.  I think though you can tell there is a lot of ego strutting in some guests 🙂 

Edited by uktog
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Curious. What would she "win" by being the top cruiser?  Is it a prize or ego?”

Yes.

Some one, some the other, actually.
I’ve seen some Azamara themed leather goods I believe came in a Tiffany blue bag and, of course, the bubbly. When I’ve attended, the top cruisers have generally seemed rather embarrassed and gracious about all the hoopla. 
     Melissa

• Like 1

This thread is making me laugh. I will never be in the running for any recognition--cruising off the USA west coast is not something Azamara does regularly. Winning stuff is just giving me more stuff that I don't need. I value the joy of seeing new places, interacting with people from all over the world, being pampered and not cleaning toilets.

• Like 12

8 hours ago, uktog said:

Each year there is an item that is given to all the top cruisers eg a pair of crystal glasses but only on the first cruise of the year where they are top cruiser so no gathering collections of glasses!.  After that it is a bottle of bubbles.  So nothing significant.  I think though you can tell there is a lot of ego strutting in some guests 🙂 

From the photos I saw they seem to have changed that too and there was a goodie box containing some quality skin care products. 

Phil 

• Like 1