Iona Skydome Acrobats

neilbrunton

On 9/10/2021 at 1:38 PM, NaomiW said:

Same here! I thought it might have sold out but Ive heard from another thread that people are now having to book onboard.

We got off Iona this morning. No acrobats during our week. They may have done an impromptu unadvertised performance, but we don't think they did.

11 minutes ago, Cathygh said:

Sometimes they practice in the Atrium in the afternoons from 2ish. I have seen their show - it is fabulous but you need to get there an hour early to get a decent seat - either by the pool or upstairs. 

Do they close the pool / hot tubs in the Skydome during practices? Presume you can’t use them when actual shows are being performed?

6 minutes ago, smokey01 said:

Do they close the pool / hot tubs in the Skydome during practices? Presume you can’t use them when actual shows are being performed?

TBH I'm not sure- I think there is a technical run through late afternoon/early evening.

The Skydome shows are all in the evening, and there are other pools available. The Acrobat show has a stage that moves across the top of the pool. 

We were sat in the keel & cow Friday night about 9.30 pm and the waiter told us to cover our ears then moved us as the acrobats were performing below us on deck 6 of the atrium, can't remember it being in the Horizon but I think they performed 3 times. I like everyone else kept checking the SkyDome so wouldn't of seen it if we didn't go for a late meal. The SkyDome pool closed at either 4 or 5pm but they did shut the whole SkyDome one morning for essential maintenance. We also watched them practicing a few times deck 6 atrium but never clicked the performance would be there as well

Edited by Stokie33
Add practice info

50 minutes ago, Stokie33 said:

We were sat in the keel & cow Friday night about 9.30 pm and the waiter told us to cover our ears then moved us as the acrobats were performing below us on deck 6 of the atrium, can't remember it being in the Horizon but I think they performed 3 times. I like everyone else kept checking the SkyDome so wouldn't of seen it if we didn't go for a late meal. The SkyDome pool closed at either 4 or 5pm but they did shut the whole SkyDome one morning for essential maintenance. We also watched them practicing a few times deck 6 atrium but never clicked the performance would be there as well

Why did you have to cover your ears and move...🤔

We almost literally tripped over the acrobats in the atrium late one evening performing against the windows. They were using the 3 tiers of the atrium to rise and fall, but from an audience point of view it was difficult to see them because they kept disappearing behind the stair cases. We saw no sign of them in the Sky Dome. It was a very professional performance but wrong venue for maximum impact.

2 hours ago, Britboys said:

Why did you have to cover your ears and move...🤔

We were at the far side of the venue by the disabled toilets right by the curved exterior glass of the atrium which is right by the speakers for the acrobats music and where the pulleys and winches move from it was really loud

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Stokie33 said:

We were at the far side of the venue by the disabled toilets right by the curved exterior glass of the atrium which is right by the speakers for the acrobats music and where the pulleys and winches move from it was really loud

Ah, okay. Thanks for explaining.

8 hours ago, Britboys said:

Ah, okay. Thanks for explaining.

It was actually one of the better spots to see all of the aerial acrobatics but when we were sat on the opposite side deck 7 for the next performance we saw the performers walking around deck 6

• Thanks 1