CANCEL & REBOOK EXCURSIONS WITH OBC???

elaineb

Now that my son has a large OBC, can he cancel already paid excursions and then rebook using his OBC?  He is just worried that if he does that, the excursions he picked might be already full.  Anyone have experience with this?  Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, elaineb said:

Now that my son has a large OBC, can he cancel already paid excursions and then rebook using his OBC?  He is just worried that if he does that, the excursions he picked might be already full.  Anyone have experience with this?  Thanks!

Have him do it the other way, make the same bookings with the OBC, and if they go through, then cancel the paid ones. As far as I know, the booking system won't reject the duplicate excursions.

28 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Have him do it the other way, make the same bookings with the OBC, and if they go through, then cancel the paid ones. As far as I know, the booking system won't reject the duplicate excursions.

In my experience the system won’t let you do it this way as the planner will say you have a conflict.  That being said I have done what the OP is suggesting many times with no problems.  You can cancel and rebook within seconds.  

I suppose you could also call and do this with a live person.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Josie201 said:

In my experience the system won’t let you do it this way as the planner will say you have a conflict.  That being said I have done what the OP is suggesting many times with no problems.  You can cancel and rebook within seconds.  

I suppose you could also call and do this with a live person.  

Well, now I know! 😊  It's amazing how efficient the computer system can be, just when you wish it wasn't!

I booked excursions about 2 weeks ago for our Oct 1st cruise. Then Celebrity offered 20% off excursions. I tried to cancel online, like I have in the past. I dont know why, but Celebrity app made me call a 1-800 number to cancel. Then rebooked online. I hope this is not the new normal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, elaineb said:

I did exactly that on Saturday.  No problem.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

I booked excursions about 2 weeks ago for our Oct 1st cruise. Then Celebrity offered 20% off excursions. I tried to cancel online, like I have in the past. I dont know why, but Celebrity app made me call a 1-800 number to cancel. Then rebooked online. I hope this is not the new normal.

I cancelled an excursion online just yesterday. No telling what happened with your situation. 

• Thanks 1

I've never had a problem doing this as long as you are still far enough away from sailing to still be able to make changes (48 hours?).

Did it only last week in fact, and on some cruises I ended up doing it 3 or 4 times as the prices changed and OBC got added. .

I called for my son & got his excursions cancelled & rebooked with his OBC.  I just didn't want to spend another 90 minutes waiting in the queue.  But luckily it was only a 10 minute wait for excursions.  His OBC covered all but $18 of his excursions so I threw that in.  Now the only thing he is paying for is Le Petit Chef.  Pretty good deal!

• Like 2