Differences in Covid protocol w/ Alaska sailings verses Florida sailings

suamom

We were on the Ovation on the Sept 3 sailing. My husband and I were impressed and happy with the rules and protocol out of Seattle. I havent been following the Florida sailings closely but know its been a fluid situation. (and that Florida is a mess with Covid cases)

We are thinking of booking a short cruise out of Florida in December. I am a bit worried the rules will be more lax. Does anyone know the differences between the sailings from Seattle verses Florida?

Thanks!!

I can only speak about our Celebrity Edge cruise out of Florida  to the Western Caribbean.

Covid Vaccine Record Card, Covid Pre test 2 days before cruise.

Masks on until getting on ship. Once on ship NO Masks. Crew wore masks all the time. Ports had their own requirements.

Getting off ship to debark we had to wear masks until we left terminal. Masks required in airport and on flights.

Hope this helps you and others. 

Stay Safe and Happy Cruising.

5 minutes ago, Oxo said:

I can only speak about our Celebrity Edge cruise out of Florida  to the Western Caribbean.

Covid Vaccine Record Card, Covid Pre test 2 days before cruise.

Masks on until getting on ship. Once on ship NO Masks. Crew wore masks all the time. Ports had their own requirements.

Getting off ship to debark we had to wear masks until we left terminal. Masks required in airport and on flights.

Hope this helps you and others. 

Stay Safe and Happy Cruising.

Celebrity has different rules than Royal.  

2 hours ago, suamom said:

We were on the Ovation on the Sept 3 sailing. My husband and I were impressed and happy with the rules and protocol out of Seattle. I havent been following the Florida sailings closely but know its been a fluid situation. (and that Florida is a mess with Covid cases). We are thinking of booking a short cruise out of Florida in December. I am a bit worried the rules will be more lax. Does anyone know the differences between the sailings from Seattle verses Florida?

We are just off a weekend cruise out of Florida on the Freedom. You can glance through this live post for some of the protocols and advisements in the Cruise Compass

11 hours ago, suamom said:

We were on the Ovation on the Sept 3 sailing. My husband and I were impressed and happy with the rules and protocol out of Seattle. I havent been following the Florida sailings closely but know its been a fluid situation. (and that Florida is a mess with Covid cases)

We are thinking of booking a short cruise out of Florida in December. I am a bit worried the rules will be more lax. Does anyone know the differences between the sailings from Seattle verses Florida?

Thanks!!

I wouldn’t worry about cruises out of Florida being “lax”. We have been on two RCI cruises recently. With the exception of being at home, being on a ship is the safest we have felt. The one thing I would worry about, and this may or may not apply to you, is getting on a plane. Personally there is no way I would fly into or out of a Florida airport right now. 

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I wouldn’t worry about cruises out of Florida being “lax”. We have been on two RCI cruises recently. With the exception of being at home, being on a ship is the safest we have felt. The one thing I would worry about, and this may or may not apply to you, is getting on a plane. Personally there is no way I would fly into or out of a Florida airport right now. 

How would you get to Florida if you had a cruise booked out of Florida?

Some people don't have a choice but to fly. 

Stay Safe! 

24 minutes ago, Oxo said:

How would you get to Florida if you had a cruise booked out of Florida?

Some people don't have a choice but to fly. 

Stay Safe! 

Last I heard no one was forced to fly any where. I just stated I wouldn’t fly into or out of Florida right now because there are too many people in this state who are not vaccinated. Personally I would not want to be in a place like a crowded airport that will have a significant number of people who aren’t vaccinated. We had plans this last weekend to fly to see our son, but we cancelled the trip because we didn’t want to risk being at a crowded airport. I know we are fortunate living in Florida that allows us to drive to 5 different ports in 4 hours or less. 

7 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Last I heard no one was forced to fly any where. I just stated I wouldn’t fly into or out of Florida right now because there are too many people in this state who are not vaccinated. Personally I would not want to be in a place like a crowded airport that will have a significant number of people who aren’t vaccinated. We had plans this last weekend to fly to see our son, but we cancelled the trip because we didn’t want to risk being at a crowded airport. I know we are fortunate living in Florida that allows us to drive to 5 different ports in 4 hours or less. 

I agree with you. What about football games? I assume you are vaccinated.

I believe in the vaccine. That seems to be the biggest problem with controlling the vaccine. 

My only point was some people must fly to Florida to get on a cruise. We just did it 2 weeks ago. Wore our masks in the airport and on the plane. 

Stay Safe! 

We were on Ovation to Alaska 9/20-9/27. I felt very safe on the Ovation. The safety protocols were followed and enforced. One gentleman got up from dining room to use restroom and refused to wear a mask in transit. Was told if he refused that they would drop him off at next port. The management of the ship did everything they could to have a safe sailing. We are on b2b sailing out of Port Canaveral and I’m worried about flying into Florida considering the covid rates. If the Allure has the same standards that the Ovation followed, then I definitely would fill safe.