Drivers license for check in?

Shanafan

2 minutes ago, Shanafan said:

It has been so long since we have cruised.  Do we need to show drivers license at check in or just our passport?  I assume we need to bring our vaccination cards as well.

Passport, vaccination card and the credit card you used to set up your onboard account.

Here are Royal Caribbean's documentation requirements for US citizens.    We have never showed our driver's licenses to anyone except at a couple of ports where the port authorities requested it (so be sure to take your driver's license or passport if you get off at ports just in case they ask).  

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/united-states-citizen-travel-documentation

Also, here are Royal's Covid requirements:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center

Edited by kokopelli-az

I brought both passport and driver's license.  Left the passport in the safe and used DL to get back on ship  in Nassau. Just needed the sea pass card in Coco Cay. We were told by our tour guide if we wanted to hang out in Nassau we needed to bring our CDC card with us.  I stayed with the excursion and didn't need to bring it with me on tour. As others have stated you also need your CDC card and negative CV19 test to board the ship in the US.  

I wouldn't go anywhere out of the country these days without an up to date passport, vaccination card, and latest test results... even when getting off the ship in a foreign port.  You just never know and it's easy enough to pack these things around.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, tserface said:

I wouldn't go anywhere out of the country these days without an up to date passport, vaccination card, and latest test results... even when getting off the ship in a foreign port.  You just never know and it's easy enough to pack these things around.

It's a cruiser mentality to leave you passport on the ship in your room safe. I certainly wouldn't leave it in a hotel room on a land trip. It's probably more of a pain to replace a lost or stolen Driver's Licence.