How long until refundable OBC is returned?

Cruise Raider

We cruised on the Majestic Princess back in July and had a lot of OBC, half of which was refundable.  We had a few hundred dollars of refundable OBC due back to us but now, 7 weeks later, we still haven’t received it.  I’d have been more than happy if they just applied the OBC to another sailing but that’s not their process.  In the past, we’ve received a check via Bottomline Technologies.  Does anyone know if this is still the process and how long it is taking?  Thanks!  

50 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

My husband would rather I not get started on this, but since you asked…

It took us over six months and countless phone calls and emails to get refundable OBC we had from two different ships the winter of 2019-20.  The things they say will happen automatically, don’t.

I may have to check with my PVP about this.  If it were just a few dollars, I wouldn't even bother ... but it's a few hundred dollars, so I will definitely follow up with the folks down at Princess.  

• Like 1

Pre-pandemic it took about a month. But it was always under $100. Only 1 cruise post-pandemic and it was under $25. Took about 10 minutes to get it from PSD as he wanted to make sure it was refundable.  After gratuities I won't have much on December cruise .... just enough for a few kids' trinkets, slot pull, a couple of glasses of wine, maybe Tortuga rum cakes

• Thanks 1

We are Canadians and have had 3 OBC refund mixups in the past.  An email to customer relations cleared all 3 up eventually, one taking over 3 months after another mixup.  Princess could really improve in this area as I don't like to spend time chasing after what are after all book keeping problems.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2021 at 8:59 PM, Wulfwyn said:

We cruised  on  August 8-15,  we had refundable  OBC, just received  the check on Moday.

Although we are on a cruise right now, was able to see images of my mail via email (informed delivery) and I noticed there was a letter from Bottomline Technologies.  That’s should be it!  

• Like 3

Still waiting for refundable port charges from 11/2019(prepandemic). Was going to be issued  as an onboard credit for an "upcoming" spring cruise which was cancelled by Princess.  So  told them just return the credit...so waiting since 11/2019. 

There was a big mixup with my refundable OBC in 2019. Make sure you keep your last portfolio printout. I ended up getting it as a goodwill credit instead of a check. But that was OK since I booked another cruise that year.

• 1 month later...

This thread was so helpful to me. I sailed September 5-12 and received my check today (November 1).

I agree with @geoherb about keeping the folio printout and was prepared to call several times to get this resolved (the same as it took for so many things this last booking). I'm so thankful that it didn't come to that. Hopefully everyone is receiving their refunds promptly.