Live from Celebrity Apex Sept 25th & Oct 3rd B2B!

MR_T

4 hours ago, MR_T said:

pretty much like all the food we've had on the ship it was another great night, first impressions of the restaurant was it was nicely set up and looked very nice, however due to it being somewhat open to the atrium on deck 3/4/5 area it was quite noisy at times, especially when the martini show was going on with all the flashing lights at the same time so I wouldn’t recommend it for a quiet romantic dinner... just my opinion obviously 😊 

We had a similar experience in Fine Cut on Edge, though our steaks did arrive as ordered, medium-rare. I’d hoped they’d found a way to shield Fine Cut from some of the noise from the atrium on Apex, because it’s a lovely space for a romantic evening otherwise. 

• Like 1

Mr. T,  it is awesome that you and Julie were able to upgrade to an RS.  Now, you can try all the specialty restaurants if you have time.

If you return to the Luminae, please ask if you can order off of the MDR menu.  It is my understanding that we can order any of the exclusive items available in the individual MDR’s at any of the MDR restaurants.  So we were wondering if we can enjoy any of those items while dining in Luminae.  Otherwise we will just dine in the MDR occasionally.

Is all the MDR dining Select dining?

Enjoy your Royal Suite, you both deserve it considering all the challenges of your cruise selections for this cruise.  The TA is still a go for us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jagoffee said:

Mr. T,  it is awesome that you and Julie were able to upgrade to an RS.  Now, you can try all the specialty restaurants if you have time.

If you return to the Luminae, please ask if you can order off of the MDR menu.  It is my understanding that we can order any of the exclusive items available in the individual MDR’s at any of the MDR restaurants.  So we were wondering if we can enjoy any of those items while dining in Luminae.  Otherwise we will just dine in the MDR occasionally.

Enjoy your Royal Suite, you both deserve it considering all the challenges of your cruise selections for this cruise.  The TA is still a go for us.

We wish 😜 just a Sky Suite for this cruise... maybe one day we will try the RS! 

So, with all that’s gone on today I don’t think I mentioned it today but it’s our 3rd year wedding anniversary... we are not young but we met later in life! what a way to celebrate 😱 confinded to the suite for 24hrs and coughing & sneezing at each other while we try to recover to get the all clear to enjoy the rest of the cruise... anyway at least we are together right 😂 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, MR_T said:

We wish 😜 just a Sky Suite for this cruise... maybe one day we will try the RS! 

Sorry, I get confused with all the different threads.  From a

your initial inside all the way to an SS is amazing. The Sky Suite will be awesome and it is just as exciting.  Enjoy.

Edited by jagoffee
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MR_T said:

So, with all that’s gone on today I don’t think I mentioned it today but it’s our 3rd year wedding anniversary... we are not young but we met later in life! what a way to celebrate 😱 confinded to the suite for 24hrs and coughing & sneezing at each other while we try to recover to get the all clear to enjoy the rest of the cruise... anyway at least we are together right 😂 

Happy anniversary🥳 May you have many more wonderful years together. I’m sorry you’re spending your anniversary confined to quarters and I hope everything clears up quickly🤞

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

Btw the photos you posted a few minutes ago aren’t visible. Everything looks black. I immediately thought, “It was a dark and stormy night….”😂

I’ll have to try again later... maybe the signals not strong enough in the suite... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jagoffee said:

I’ll get back to you regarding the dining requests...

• Thanks 1

Thanks for this, I have enjoyed reading along.  Congrats on the upgrade, being a Arsenal fan I am sure you could use the pampering 😜.

How was the turnover day? how was Changing cabin...did you have to pack everything? any insights on it would be appreciated . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Silkroad said:

Btw the photos you posted a few minutes ago aren’t visible. Everything looks black. I immediately thought, “It was a dark and stormy night….”😂

I thought that Celebrity had one of those dining in the dark venues that have seeing impaired servers.  Since you eat with your eyes first,  that segment of the experience would be lost. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, shaun07 said:

Thanks for this, I have enjoyed reading along.  Congrats on the upgrade, being a Arsenal fan I am sure you could use the pampering 😜.

How was the turnover day? how was Changing cabin...did you have to pack everything? any insights on it would be appreciated . 

We packed any personal stuff to take with us (passports/money etc) and anything in draws or lose we put in the cases and left the stuff on hangers and they brought everything up to our new cabin, they also brought up the drinks & more package items from the cabin we had also. 

It it all worked very smoothly 👍🏼

Confinement update... 

So what I didn’t know nor were we told but I guess we should have guessed it but before being released from confinement we had to have a second test today so fingers crossed we get the all clear in around an hour or 2... 🤞🏻 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MR_T said:

Confinement update... 

So what I didn’t know nor were we told but I guess we should have guessed it but before being released from confinement we had to have a second test today so fingers crossed we get the all clear in around an hour or 2... 🤞🏻 

Hope you and your DW are feeling much better and you’ve gotten your second (negative) test results by now! 🤞

• Like 1

Love following your trip!  Hope you are all well after another test and can continue with your wonderful B2B.

With the B2B did you hear if anyone was not allowed to continue on? 

Kinda concerned about the contact tracing and if anyone is exposed do to the tracing, and then tests negative if they are allowed to continue on the second leg.  Asking as we have a B2B booked for Feb

Thanks and ENJOY the Suite life

• Like 1

So... confinement update 3

So yesterday as mentioned we had a second PCR test and around 1pm we got the negative results back which we thought great we can get our life back... No! On examination they said as we were showing signs of slight symptoms still we would have to quarantine for another 24hrs to be safe 😱😡, I was pissed.. I mean yes they have to be careful but let’s be honest we’ve all seen/heard people around the ship coughing etc and nobody bats an eyelid but because covid times everything similar is treated as covid... I get they have to be careful and yes I somewhat understand but after 2 negative tests for covid/flu A/flu B/ and something else I just hoped we’d be fine to enjoy the last half of the cruise.. 

Anyway the doctor that came to check us over seemed reasonable and said he’d come back around 5 to see if we have improved to make a final call on the matter for the day, he came back did another round of checks and we said we were feeling much better and he said he’s tests were all good so he would clear up to leave the cabin... 36hrs have never seemed so long 😂 

So we go ready and headed out and felt a huge relief, now if I’m honest we we’re still feeling a little groggy but I think that was more cabin fever more than anything so we just had a quiet dinner at the buffet and had the outside section to ourselves which was pretty nice, the food was good and at the end of the day we we’re just happy to be out on deck 😊 

onwards and upwards and we have 4 days to enjoy to the max 🍸😎 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Silkroad said:

Hope you and your DW are feeling much better and you’ve gotten your second (negative) test results by now! 🤞

We are both feeling much better thanks, Julie still has a little congestion but that’s pretty normal mid cruise, I think she suffers with the constant A/C. 

• Like 2

Cruise 2 day 4 - Messina 

welcome to Messina everybody 😊 we are halfway through this cruise 😢

As they require anyone wanting to get off in Messina to do a ship excursions we decided to stay on the ship, we will not do ship excursions again after previous ones we’ve tried years ago, some people love them a lot of people hate them and we’re definitely in the later group 😂 I’ve ranted about this on other threads, I just don’t see how I’m considered to be safer vs doing a private tour vs a full bus tour! 🤷🏼‍♂️

As our suite experience was cut short we are very happy to stay onboard and may well do so for Palma & Valencia also as we’ve been a few times already so for us 4 days of suite life is ahead of us,  to be honest our main reason to get off in Palma was to get a gelato... 😂 but maybe that can wait... 😜 

On a personal note  we’ve not been to Messina before so hopefully we get the opportunity to come back and see it, it is actually on our bucket list to visit on a land base vacation so maybe we’ll just wait for that to happen 😊 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CulverCityCruisers said:

Love following your trip!  Hope you are all well after another test and can continue with your wonderful B2B.

With the B2B did you hear if anyone was not allowed to continue on? 

Kinda concerned about the contact tracing and if anyone is exposed do to the tracing, and then tests negative if they are allowed to continue on the second leg.  Asking as we have a B2B booked for Feb

Thanks and ENJOY the Suite life

I did ask and there was no positive cases onboard the last cruise, none on the start of this cruise (embarkation tests) but unfortunately yesterday afternoon the captain announced one unlucky person tested positive 😞 but they were not showing any symptoms so hope that continues 🤞🏻 As to what happens to the person/companions I don’t know as the captain didn’t say anymore but I’ll try to find out and I’ll report back if I hear anything!