vaccine card requirement for ports?

sunsetme

17 minutes ago, hasentreelake said:

The tour operator required us to show vaccine cards

Was that a cruise ship tour, or independent? 

I am surprised as I thought restrictions were easing in QR. We didn’t get asked during our 3 week stay in June and I haven’t read anything on the local forums.

I have read that the taxis are concerned about tourists being non-compliant with the mask mandate since cruising resumed.

3 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Was that a cruise ship tour, or independent? 

I am surprised as I thought restrictions were easing in QR. We didn’t get asked during our 3 week stay in June and I haven’t read anything on the local forums.

I have read that the taxis are concerned about tourists being non-compliant with the mask mandate since cruising resumed.

why would it matter?  Just keep the card with you, if/when asked to show it, comply, if not asked then keep going.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, sunsetme said:

Do the ports require you to show your vaccine card? What if you book an excursion independently or just want to wander around or eat in a restaurant?

It really depends on the ports.    Just off of Equinox and had to show it to get off the ship.   We were traveling in Caribbean and the only time I had to show it to leave the port was in Bonaire.    I would recommend bringing along a paper copy of your card  instead of carrying the original.

If the port was a restricted port you could only leave the port area if on either a Celebrity tour or Private Journey Tour arranged by Celebrity.

Sneaking out of the port or braking away from your curated tour will result in you being kicked off the ship.