Small Change to YC MiniBar Policy

BoundForSea

3 minutes ago, clemsonlori98 said:

I will truly miss the choco peanuts.   😞     

I wonder since Venchi is on the Seashore, will YC guests get gelato/choc martinis/crepes included (not charged)?   We enjoyed that the Seaside in 2019.   

Unfortunately MSC has since revoked that.  They usually have a sign on the concierge’s desk stating that it’s not covered. 

On 10/1/2021 at 2:31 PM, alyssamma said:

I wonder if that will be the same when it sails in the US

Does anyone know if you upgrade from YC to Premium-Plus (once onboard) that it would now include a daily refresh of the mini-bar chocolate covered peanuts that apparently I NEED to not only try, but keep refreshed all week. 😉.    I was planning on upgrading anyway, but just curious if the butler will keep these refreshed or not.   

• Like 1

On 10/2/2021 at 4:11 PM, cdel71 said:

Does anyone know if you upgrade from YC to Premium-Plus (once onboard) that it would now include a daily refresh of the mini-bar chocolate covered peanuts that apparently I NEED to not only try, but keep refreshed all week. 😉.    I was planning on upgrading anyway, but just curious if the butler will keep these refreshed or not.   

No. This has no bearing on the Drink Package. As I said, Chocolate Covered Nuts are no longer stocked and the Pringles, small can of plain nuts, and Twix bar is stocked once complimentary and if you want more you need to ask and you will be charged (by policy). 

Id highly suggest buying them and bringing them on board.   

While choc peanuts are no longer available, you should be entitled to have your minibar restocked every day, even in YC, if you upgrade.  It may no longer be a perk in the enclave, but it is included when you pay for PremPlus.

Off the Meraviglia last Saturday - The whole of the minibar was restocked 2 or 3 times daily, with the the requested 2 of each nip.  Pringles, Choco Peanuts, and Cocktail Nuts (I really liked those!) were also restocked as necessary throughout the duration of the trip.

We also had the bubbly and fruit waiting for us when we arrived, macaron delievered one night, and a tray of chocolates another.

Sounds like a small change, but I really enjoyed the minibar.  It was nice being able to make some drinks while getting ready for port, or dinner, or whatever, without having to bother with a trip to TS or Room Service.

Edited by MonsterJoe
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, MonsterJoe said:

Off the Meraviglia last Saturday - The whole of the minibar was restocked 2 or 3 times daily, with the the requested 2 of each nip.  Pringles, Choco Peanuts, and Cocktail Nuts (I really liked those!) were also restocked as necessary throughout the duration of the trip.

We also had the bubbly and fruit waiting for us when we arrived, macaron delievered one night, and a tray of chocolates another.

Sounds like a small change, but I really enjoyed the minibar.  It was nice being able to make some drinks while getting ready for port, or dinner, or whatever, without having to bother with a trip to TS or Room Service.

Thanks, sounds like the change hasn't been made to the Meraviglia ... yet.   

1 hour ago, cdel71 said:

Thanks, sounds like the change hasn't been made to the Meraviglia ... yet.   

I think that may be true.  Our Meraviglia experience in early September was the same as Monster.  Last week on Divina, Donny our butler, asked what ‘bottle’ we wanted.  We chose JW Red.  Only bottom shelf available.  My brother’s wife just chose a nice red.

another note.   Divina ran out of Jack Daniels the first day. YC had the last shot on the whole ship.  My brother drank it.  Surprising.

Dennis

6 hours ago, kelleherdl said:

Divina ran out of Jack Daniels the first day. YC had the last shot on the whole ship. 

😞    What's the ship's Beverage Manager doing?  He/she ought to be well aware of the ship's current liquor/wine inventory. 

As I have posted on this Message Board as a result of my experiences at the YC bar on Meraviglia, I am unsure if whomever in Corporate is in charge of the Beverage Department is well tuned to the "likes" of their North American guests.  

7 hours ago, kelleherdl said:

.....Divina ran out of Jack Daniels the first day. YC had the last shot on the whole ship....

Having enjoyed your company in the YC Dennis, I am sure you'll take this the right way! As a Scot, living in the land of Single Malt Whisky, I'd consider that a bonus!

Edited by hamrag

3 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

😞    What's the ship's Beverage Manager doing?  He/she ought to be well aware of the ship's current liquor/wine inventory. 

As I have posted on this Message Board as a result of my experiences at the YC bar on Meraviglia, I am unsure if whomever in Corporate is in charge of the Beverage Department is well tuned to the "likes" of their North American guests.  

He was comped a bottle of Elijah Craig in his cabin. 😀.  

the shortage was some supply chain issue with their vendor.  They had plenty of Gentleman Jack on board, for which he was not charged the full up charge from YC plan. 😀

Edited by kelleherdl

2 hours ago, hamrag said:

Having enjoyed your company in the YC Dennis, I am sure you'll take this the right way! As a Scot, living in the land of Single Malt Whisky, I'd consider that a bonus!

Graham

when will we cruise again?   I’m doing the B2B Norway/Baltic on Preziosa end of next May.

If you ever decide to take a cruise from Port Canaveral let me know.  We live on the Space Coast.  Come over early or stay late.

Did very little Jameson and don’t tell anybody, but they did not up charge me on the Hendricks.

Edited by kelleherdl

54 minutes ago, kelleherdl said:

the shortage was some supply chain issue with their vendor.  

When I typed my post, I wondered if it might also have been a supply chain issue with JD.  But, there are other issues that I found in the Beverage Department that has little to nothing to do with supply chain issues.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

When I typed my post, I wondered if it might also have been a supply chain issue with JD.  But, there are other issues that I found in the Beverage Department that has little to nothing to do with supply chain issues.  

Wondering if YC will offer quality wines and champagnes.
Not Prosecco , Cava or Sparkling .

. I have no objection to drinking those at home but, would like champagne when sailing in YC. 

• Like 1

Just now, phissy said:

. I have no objection to drinking those at home but, would like champagne when sailing in YC. 

I am a New Zealand quality Sauvignon Blanc wine drinker myself at home (and where the restaurant has such an offering).  I like the Prosecco that YC has served when I sailed on Meravigilia.  Would I notice the difference if I drank a quality champagne?  (I tried a bottle of Sparkling Villa Maria when it appeared in my wine store.  A couple of dollars more than the regular bottle.  And, for what?  Bubbles?  I thought that the taste of the wine was not what I enjoyed with "still Villa Maria".)  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, phissy said:

Nicholas Feuillatte is the champagne offered in YC. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Nicholas Feuillatte is the champagne offered in YC. 

Be careful, I know that it is the case for European cruises, but not 100% sure for US market cruises. I still haven't seen any feedback from US passengers about champagne included...

1 minute ago, LeCommandant said:

Be careful, I know that it is the case for European cruises, but not 100% sure for US market cruises. I still haven't seen any feedback from US passengers about champagne included...

It was when I was on a US sailing pre-Covid. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LeCommandant said:

Thanks for the info. I hope it is still the case, because it is a very nice Champagne to drink 😉

With all the sneaky cutbacks MSC has been introducing, it wouldn’t surprise me if this has been discontinued.  We have a US YC sailing booked for next March.  I’ll be checking it out then.  😜

• Like 1

We sailed Mera the 18 and Divinia the 26.  Mera had not changed and week after per Monster no change.  Divina as reported changed.  In US, all including the pringles are in fridge initially.

I have pic of bottles offered and costs for replenishing which I'll post.  The Twix is $6.50.

Divina had spotty shortages of things in areas.