Jim_Iain (with and Eye) - B2B Millennium 10/11 and 10/19 Pacific Coastal

Jim_Iain

2 hours ago, canderson said:

No need for two, though I suppose it could be handy shipboard if you're separated and both need to know something specific at the same time.  We will be using only mine when aboard, if that.

True with one problem.   The app doesn't notify you you have a message.   You just need to look and see there is a message.  

Last night we had dinner in Blu.  Even though the have 160 in AQUA the dining room was peaceful and service impeccable. 

I guess I forgot to shoot a picture except desert. Banana Foster and Grand Marne Soufflé 

For main course I had the Crab Rissotto Iain had the pheasant 

38143145-4D01-491B-BD7E-775F583C723B.thumb.jpeg.04d0590cd54ceaf82211ef9b5451d5ab.jpeg

342D9986-5C9E-40AD-B663-3B2D4F3FB76E.thumb.jpeg.91ddcaa76d7417e4e7232a213d2f858f.jpeg

804C2D06-AEBA-4141-95CE-75406AF826EB.thumb.jpeg.63302c368ba64ce5278c68df76a79dbe.jpeg

We had a really weird experience two nights ago.   We came back to our room at the end of the day and when we went to turn off the lights they would shift to 3-4 different patterns but would not shut off.  I called down to Guest Relations and she dispatched an Electrician within minutes.     He did something in the hallway and said try now.   Everything back to normal within minutes.   

Next morning Jo, our butler, called and said he heard we had a problem and wanted to make sure all was ok.    A couple hours later the CC Hostess called and also inquired.    We were chuckling and say I wonder if they keep a database on us.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, hcat said:

Wow..again.

Aside from the classes and settings you have the " artistic eye".

My husb does as well but doesn't take too many photos anymore. The ones he takes with his camera  are great,,I just snap away but have great luck with the grand kiddo shots!

How/ where do you store your photos?

You hit the problem of storage.   Currently I'm paying extra and storing them on iPhone's storage.   I have it set to only keep the recent full pictures on my phone.   It offloads the others and keeps a thumbnail.    To send an old picture it  has  to upload it to the phone first. 

I've really got used to he app.   My major complaint would be that it is not intuitive and in early day's I would get stuck on a page with seemingly no way to get back to home.    I would have to crash it to get going again.

Some screen you have to swipe down or up to get them to go away.    On some of the screen for Restaurants there is a White Arrow on top Left Corner that blends in the background so you can see it.   I just now know where to click.  

37 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

True with one problem.   The app doesn't notify you you have a message.   You just need to look and see there is a message.  

Are these message from the ship?  If so, if one doesn’t I ye do to check messages would it be better not to give them a number?  

Are these regular text messages over their free server?  

Really enjoying your postings, Jim, seems to be the only “live from” at the moment. Noticed on your dailies that you have Brent Nixon onboard as one of your Podium speakers…we really enjoyed his talks on our Solstice Alaska cruise a few years back. Have you caught any of his presentations? Is he new this leg or was he on the previous leg as well? Thought I saw Celia’s name previously but that could’ve been a different sailing. 🤷‍♀️
Cathy

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

We had a really weird experience two nights ago.   We came back to our room at the end of the day and when we went to turn off the lights they would shift to 3-4 different patterns but would not shut off.  I called down to Guest Relations and she dispatched an Electrician within minutes.     He did something in the hallway and said try now.   Everything back to normal within minutes.   

Next morning Jo, our butler, called and said he heard we had a problem and wanted to make sure all was ok.    A couple hours later the CC Hostess called and also inquired.    We were chuckling and say I wonder if they keep a database on us.  

Hope that the Retreat concierges also follow up.  If they do, they'll probably give you an FCC.  The two times we've been in a sky suite and had a problem, an FCC resulted.

1 hour ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

Really enjoying your postings, Jim, seems to be the only “live from” at the moment. Noticed on your dailies that you have Brent Nixon onboard as one of your Podium speakers…we really enjoyed his talks on our Solstice Alaska cruise a few years back. Have you caught any of his presentations? Is he new this leg or was he on the previous leg as well? Thought I saw Celia’s name previously but that could’ve been a different sailing. 🤷‍♀️
Cathy

One thing you might find of interest as a Brent Nixon fan is that they have put some of his evening presentations in the Sky Lounge instead of the Theatre.  I went to one in the Sky Lounge on sea otters (fantastic presentation as always), and I'm not sure whether it was a good idea.  He said the Cruise Director is experimenting with new venues for him, but couldn't do it in Alaska since it was too light in the Sky Lounge well into the evening.  The plus was that it had an intimate feel that I think enhanced the presentation.  The minus was that there were two loud groups at the bar in back, not there for the presentation, which detracted a bit.  It will be interesting to see if they continue having these up there.

Speaking of loud, @Jim_Iain, I think I came across your loud groups from Luminae last night when I was in the Retreat Lounge.  😁

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

You hit the problem of storage.   Currently I'm paying extra and storing them on iPhone's storage.   I have it set to only keep the recent full pictures on my phone.   It offloads the others and keeps a thumbnail.    To send an old picture it  has  to upload it to the phone first. 

I use one of these and transfer the files from iPhone and iPad to my MacBook Pro.   

SanDisk iXpand Flash Drive 128GB for iPhone and iPad

Lets me transfer them all and also keep any I may want for long term on the phone / iPad as well.

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Oh boy.... We send  them  to our old computer..but are going to be phasing that out.  As most foljs on CC know, we a lo tech..using Samsung phones, tablet and a new lap top that is way to smart for me,..Use is mostly for Zoom..have not even tried any photo programs on it,

,  we also have 3  bookcases of cruise albums..

We may  look through and enjoy one last look..but cannot keep everything forever!

Too many to scan.

4 hours ago, Benthayer Gonbak said:

Are these message from the ship?  If so, if one doesn’t I ye do to check messages would it be better not to give them a number?  

Are these regular text messages over their free server?  

Yes the only messaging for free is on the Celebrity App.    You enter it by pressing the (...) icon top right corner.    If you receive a message there is no notification or even an alert on the app that yo received one.   When you press the icon the message will just be there.    

Come on Celebrity what would it take to add a ping or alert. 

If you have a Social or Xcelerate account you can use FB Messenger, Imessage or similar apps.   

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

Cathy

The previous cruise we had Andy Friendenburg - -Confession of a Movie Studio Publicistand  and Celiea Garland - Ocean Wonders.

This cruise we have Brent Nixon -  Humpback Whales and Larry Hess - Bond, James Bond.

I did catch a couple of Celiea Garland.   Quite intersting. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, abbydancer said:

Hope that the Retreat concierges also follow up.  If they do, they'll probably give you an FCC.  The two times we've been in a sky suite and had a problem, an FCC resulted.

Really didn't feel the inconvenience was worth a FCC.   It was fixed in les than 10 minutes.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

I use one of these and transfer the files from iPhone and iPad to my MacBook Pro.   

SanDisk iXpand Flash Drive 128GB for iPhone and iPad

Lets me transfer them all and also keep any I may want for long term on the phone / iPad as well.

Looks like a good product.    I have a 2TB drive in my home network and keep copies I want by transferring from iTunes.  

47 minutes ago, hcat said:

Oh boy.... We send  them  to our old computer..but are going to be phasing that out.  As most foljs on CC know, we a lo tech..using Samsung phones, tablet and a new lap top that is way to smart for me,..Use is mostly for Zoom..have not even tried any photo programs on it,

,  we also have 3  bookcases of cruise albums..

We may  look through and enjoy one last look..but cannot keep everything forever!

Too many to scan.

I often make a Cocktails Table Book from each cruise.     Family enjoy paging through them while visiting.     The do take a bit of work but keeps me busy and out of trouble. 

Jim,

I have what is hopefully a quick off topic question for you.  This is Trish from your last Summit cruise.  I talked to the shoreside retreat concierge today in anticipation of our 11 night ABC cruise next month. All went well until I asked about booking the Private Journey shore excursions for Bonaire and Curaçao. He said that you could only pick from the list of existing shore excursions on the Celebrity website and they could convert those to Private Journey excursions.  Was that your experience on your recent cruise?  We’re you able to book what you wanted once onboard with the retreat concierge?  Thanks for you help.

Had a lazy day today.     I think the most exertion I had was going to lunch.    Iain went ashore to visit the seals.    Said their weren't as many as last week.   

We just set sail at 5:00 and are passing them as I write.    They are very vocal and fun to watch. 

The Captain said the winds are going to be picking up and the seas as high as 20-25 feet but he hopes to hug the coast to find some smooth patches.    

We have a day at sea tomorrow so hopefully he will find a nice spot to park.     San Diego is only 65 nautical miles away and initially we are going to sail at 9 Knots so should  be able to get to calm waters quickly.  

• Like 1