MASK WEARING WHILST EATING AND DRINKING (SIP & COVER)

NSWP

Well the sip and cover was the last straw for me, another cruise bites the dust for us. We will be cancelling our much anticipated New York to Quebec City cruise next August. I think we chose wrong with an old Princess ship over a much newer Holland America ship. We did like the idea of the start in New York, it just seemed a great place to start our adventure. Now we are not getting a good feeling about this trip and this latest irrational rule was the last nail. Yet another disappointment, oh well I guess we'll take the refund. I don't think Princess is the line for us. The only topic of discussion on the Princess boards is how crappy the Medallion app is. I don't like the masks but I wear it when using them seems logical, walking around a crowded area, when moving around indoors even in the theatre when social distancing is not possible. When seated at a table enjoying a drink either alone, with Lynn or with some new found friends? No thanks.

On 10/24/2021 at 3:49 PM, Blackduck59 said:

Well the sip and cover was the last straw for me, another cruise bites the dust for us. We will be cancelling our much anticipated New York to Quebec City cruise next August. I think we chose wrong with an old Princess ship over a much newer Holland America ship. We did like the idea of the start in New York, it just seemed a great place to start our adventure. Now we are not getting a good feeling about this trip and this latest irrational rule was the last nail. Yet another disappointment, oh well I guess we'll take the refund. I don't think Princess is the line for us. The only topic of discussion on the Princess boards is how crappy the Medallion app is. I don't like the masks but I wear it when using them seems logical, walking around a crowded area, when moving around indoors even in the theatre when social distancing is not possible. When seated at a table enjoying a drink either alone, with Lynn or with some new found friends? No thanks.

Oh no Lyle.  That is just so disappointing.  I was looking forward to hearing about your trip,

7 hours ago, onlyslightlymad said:

Oh no Lyle.  That is just so disappointing.  I was looking forward to hearing about your trip,

Well we will be doing a Pacific Coastal cruise on Viking Orion in April. I gets us to sea earlier and it only seems to be available in April of 2022. We will probably do the East Coast Canada/New England trip in 2023 most likely aboard Holland America.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Well we will be doing a Pacific Coastal cruise on Viking Orion in April. I gets us to sea earlier and it only seems to be available in April of 2022. We will probably do the East Coast Canada/New England trip in 2023 most likely aboard Holland America.

Holland America - good choice.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Holland America - good choice.

Thanks Lyndon. We went with Princess because of the smoking policy and then as time went by we realized that it was a poor ship for us. There were a couple of things that also swayed us to Princess at first, departing from New York was a plus for Princess and there was a port stop in Sydney (on Cape Breton Island) where Lynn's brother lives. The Holland America itinerary started in Boston but had no stop in Sydney although some more interesting stops in Canada, and was on Koningsdam. Hopefully they have Koningsdam on that voyage in 2023.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Hopefully they have Koningsdam on that voyage in 2023.

We cruised on Koningsdam to the Baltic’s in 2016, her first year. Wonderful ship, even with the changes HAL fans disliked. We loved her, enjoy if you get the chance 👍

5 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

We are booked on Viking Orion in December 2022.  The classic trans-Tasman from SYD-AKL.  You'll be able to give me all the insider tips.

17 hours ago, onlyslightlymad said:

We are booked on Viking Orion in December 2022.  The classic trans-Tasman from SYD-AKL.  You'll be able to give me all the insider tips.

We would be happy to, this is a big step up for us. This will cost more than our much longer East Coast cruise. This is more about relaxing and getting away. We are meeting with our TA on Saturday to make final arrangements, we will get the penthouse veranda if we can afford it. That being said even the least expensive cabin is pretty nice (those are sold out). Viking has an interesting perks scheme depending on your cabin class. Earlier access to specialty dining (included in your fare).