RAPID TEST AT MIAMI AIRPORT

topaz123

As a backup, was looking at the two offered RAPID ANTIGEN tests at Miami Airport. One of these is open during the day, the other is open 24. One is listed as COMMUNITEL , 24 hours testing, walk in available. The other listings is Nomi Health.....Anyone tried these, looking at something easy,, without the stress of finding a site for the RAPID TEST>

34 minutes ago, steveweese said:

Has anyone used any of the testing facilities at the Miami airport prior to your cruise. We are thinking that might simplify the testing to provide to the cruiseline. Will be cruising in November. Thanks

Testing provided at the airport by Nomi Health is only available for outbound passengers who must provide proof that they have a departing flight. The same applies to FLL.

21 minutes ago, steveweese said:

Called both companies that do testing at Miami and they both said that they do either inbound or outbound customers. Thanks for your reply

Very interesting. Yesterday I did an online chat with Nomi and was told outbound passengers only. And if you try to fill out the online booking form, the Origin Airport automatically defaults to MIA (or FLL if on that page) and won't allow you to change it. Here's a link to the booking form for MIA:

https://testing.nomihealth.com/easy_registration/100/signup

Please note that in addition to defaulting to MIA as the origin airport, the booking form also states:

I authorize Nomi Health Inc. (“Nomi Health”) to disclose my COVID-19 laboratory test results to the airline I plan on boarding at the time of my test, including the airline’s employees, agents or contractors.

The purpose of this authorization is to inform the airline of my COVID-19 laboratory test result so the airline may determine whether to allow me to board my flight.

You say that you called both companies, but Nomi Health is a single company that provides testing at both airports. There are other companies in close proximity to MIA and FLL, so maybe you have phoned a couple of them? For example, there is the "Center for COVID Care - Miami Airport" located about a mile from the entrance to the airport. That could easily be confused as a testing facility at the airport.  In your OP, you ask about "testing facilities at the Miami airport", but perhaps you meant in the vicinity of the airport, not actually at the airport.

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

Very interesting. Yesterday I did an online chat with Nomi and was told outbound passengers only. And if you try to fill out the online booking form, the Origin Airport automatically defaults to MIA (or FLL if on that page) and won't allow you to change it. Here's a link to the booking form for MIA:

Please note that in addition to defaulting to MIA as the origin airport, the booking form also states:

I authorize Nomi Health Inc. (“Nomi Health”) to disclose my COVID-19 laboratory test results to the airline I plan on boarding at the time of my test, including the airline’s employees, agents or contractors.

The purpose of this authorization is to inform the airline of my COVID-19 laboratory test result so the airline may determine whether to allow me to board my flight.

You say that you called both companies, but Nomi Health is a single company that provides testing at both airports. There are other companies in close proximity to MIA and FLL, so maybe you have phoned a couple of them? For example, there is the "Center for COVID Care - Miami Airport" located about a mile from the entrance to the airport. That could easily be confused as a testing facility at the airport.  In your OP, you ask about "testing facilities at the Miami airport", but perhaps you meant in the vicinity of the airport, not actually at the airport.

Just did an online chat with Nomi. Was told YES. As long as you are departing or ARRIVING from Miami you are good to go. 

When you think about it they are testing individuals and are in the business of testing individuals for COVID. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steveweese said:

Just did an online chat with Nomi. Was told YES. As long as you are departing or ARRIVING from Miami you are good to go. 

When you think about it they are testing individuals and are in the business of testing individuals for COVID. 

LOL. It sounds like Celebrity, the more people you talk to the more different answers you get!

As the person with whom I chatted said "no" and the booking form clearly states outgoing, I would ensure that I had a plan "B" if flying in and wanted to get my test at the airport before heading to the cruise port.

Of course, @jelayne's point is well taken, and I too would never plan on flying in before having a negative test at home.

Hoping we can get some clarity on this issue. We're arriving in Miami and wanted to go immediately to the RAPID ANTIGEN test, since it's too difficult to get one here.  More "angst" about yes you can get the test on incoming or NO you cannot.   

On 10/7/2021 at 1:55 PM, steveweese said:

Had same concern.....the website registration sheet for NOMI  only shows MIAMI, as the departing airport? How can we fill this out if only MIAMI is listed as the outgoing airport?

Edited by topaz123

On 10/9/2021 at 5:16 PM, topaz123 said:

Had same concern.....the website registration sheet for NOMI  only shows MIAMI, as the departing airport? How can we fill this out if only MIAMI is listed as the outgoing airport?

This is the main registration page for Nomi Health: https://nomihealth.com/covidsupport/ You can select Ft. Lauderdale if that's where you're flying from.

On 10/7/2021 at 1:16 PM, Fouremco said:

Thanks so much for providing that link! When I went on the Nomi Health main page and selected Miami, the airport wasn't coming up as an option! I was able to get my husband and I registered for our flights in November with your link. I used the chat about a month ago and was told the rapid PCR tests with results in 30 minutes were $159 USD. Today when I used the chat find out their location within the airport, I asked the cost again and was told $179. I guess we'll find out when we get there! 

4 minutes ago, Ginnyfyr said:

Thanks so much for providing that link! When I went on the Nomi Health main page and selected Miami, the airport wasn't coming up as an option! I was able to get my husband and I registered for our flights in November with your link. I used the chat about a month ago and was told the rapid PCR tests with results in 30 minutes were $159 USD. Today when I used the chat find out their location within the airport, I asked the cost again and was told $179. I guess we'll find out when we get there! 

I'm happy that it worked out for you. Now just hope that the price comes down, the exchange rate changes in our favour, or that the GOC decides to drop the PCR requirement altogether! In any event, enjoy your cruise!

4 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I'm happy that it worked out for you. Now just hope that the price comes down, the exchange rate changes in our favour, or that the GOC decides to drop the PCR requirement altogether! In any event, enjoy your cruise!

Any or all of the above would be wonderful! Thanks for the good cruising wishes. We're looking forward to trying out Virgin Voyages and then Carnival 2 days later. We haven't sailed Carnival in years but the price was right and since we'll already be in Miami, we figured we'd tack it on. Will be curious to see how life on board both lines compares to the Princess cruise we did last month. Hopefully we will feel just as safe!