Navica App for Windows 10

I need some help from all of you experts. Our old phones are not combatable with the Navica app. We can use our daughters Iphone as a backup if needed. My laptop has a webcam but apparently I need to download a program to enable Navica to be installed. A google search gave me at least 4 different options by 4 different companies. Installing stuff like this makes me nervous because I don't know anything about them. Can someone please guide me on what to do? I have Windows 10. Thank you!

if you have a computer store near you, and you have time, bring your laptop there and have them do it.  If you dont, use your daughter's phone.  If you can, make appointments for a rapid test asap (CVS, rite aid..) or call RCCL to see if you can get on list to test at port. Do this regardless as a backup if phone doesn't work.

Edited by jean87510

You do not need to install anything.  You can launch the testing process from the emed website, whcih you can get to via a browser.  You do need to have the Navica accounts, but those can also be created via the website.  Give it a try - you cannot go wrong.  I did a dry run on it last night just to make sure that everything worked for my cruise coming up in a few weeks.

• Like 1

when I went to eMed, they made me download the Samsung browser. My android worked then when I did the test. When DH tried to do his test with his iPhone, it wouldn't work, so we tried my Android, now it wouldn't work, neither through Navica nor eMed. We ended up doing his test on the laptop.

As far as I'm concerned, the Navica app is garbage,

1 hour ago, jean87510 said:

if you have a computer store near you, and you have time, bring your laptop there and have them do it.  If you dont, use your daughter's phone.  If you can, make appointments for a rapid test asap (CVS, rite aid..) or call RCCL to see if you can get on list to test at port. Do this regardless as a backup if phone doesn't work.

I plan on making appointments at Walgreens as backup. I was just going to do this as the primary but husband didn't like the idea of wasting the $99 we spent on the tests. He has me stressed out. I can't wait to get this over with and get on the ship.

38 minutes ago, ileys said:

You do not need to install anything.  You can launch the testing process from the emed website, whcih you can get to via a browser.  You do need to have the Navica accounts, but those can also be created via the website.  Give it a try - you cannot go wrong.  I did a dry run on it last night just to make sure that everything worked for my cruise coming up in a few weeks.

It looks like the emed might work. We babysit our grandkids on Friday, 1st day we can be tested. We will go over early if Emed on laptop doesn't work and try their Iphones. My daughter has already downloaded the app for me and we have created our accounts. I need to get this done Friday because we fly out saturday.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wolfcathorse said:

when I went to eMed, they made me download the Samsung browser. My android worked then when I did the test. When DH tried to do his test with his iPhone, it wouldn't work, so we tried my Android, now it wouldn't work, neither through Navica nor eMed. We ended up doing his test on the laptop.

As far as I'm concerned, the Navica app is garbage,

The Samsung browser on your laptop?

37 minutes ago, fpcruiser said:

The Samsung browser on your laptop?

No, my Motorola android phone wouldn't work unless I had the Samsung 12 browser or higher on my phone. I had Navica and went to eMed and neither site would read the QR code on the box. My QR reader does work because I used it to access menus on Ovation of the Seas.

1 hour ago, fpcruiser said:

I plan on making appointments at Walgreens as backup. I was just going to do this as the primary but husband didn't like the idea of wasting the $99 we spent on the tests. He has me stressed out. I can't wait to get this over with and get on the ship.

I understand.  I look at it as another investment in making sure my vacation is successful.  Going through the same argument with my husband.  I have an alarm set on my phone 2 weeks before my cruise to book the rapid tests 2 days prior to my cruise.  Plus I have the Emed test.  Insurance paid for Emed.  We will pay out of pocket if need be for CVS.  Will aim for a 6pm to 8pm test 2 days prior to cruise.  Good luck and make sure to get a nice drink as soon as you board!

• Like 1

You can use your WIN 10 Laptop.

If you purchased BINAXNOW vie eMed use this link (you will need a NAVICA account, you dont need app just an account, you can create one here also, each user will need a unique account)

You will use your preferred Web Browser such as EDGE or Chrome browser.

Just open your browser and copy this link and paste it in browser or just click on this link.

https://www.emed.com/app/login?redirect_to=%2Fapp%2Fstart-testing

Edited by alexgtp
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 10/9/2021 at 3:19 PM, ileys said:

did you have to burn a test kit just to setup the navica app? it's april 2022 and having trouble finding out how to get navica on a windows 10 laptop as all info we've seen says a smartphone questionable overseas [for us Copenhagen] to run navica and emed test.  We told just to use laptop instead [hopefully onboard wifi will suffice on Voyager OS]...but go to playstore and Navica installs are only for iphone and android.  ? Has RCl really thought all this through [that emed kits will be the goto for anyone traveling by air back into the USA from one of their cruises overseas].  Easy peasy...but the devil remains in the details.  A big devil HE is. 

1 hour ago, LinRon3 said:

it's april 2022 and having trouble finding out how to get navica on a windows 10 laptop

You don't - on a laptop use simply use a browser (this assumes the laptop has a functional mic/camera). The dedicated app is only for a phone/mobile device.

Edited by Biker19