Switchealth - Pearson Airport Covid Testing

Tomchick1970

If anyone has first hand experience that they can share with using Switchealth at Pearson Airport for their covid 19 test prior to their flight I would love to hear.

I'm a little nervous going to the airport hrs before my departure without a covid test done.  I need to take a test the day we depart from Pearson for our cruise, as we are spending a couple of days in Fort Lauderdale and only want to do one test for travel and cruise.

Please let me know.

Thanks Karen

• Like 3

6 hours ago, xcell said:

if your are flying after Nov 8th, no more test for travel to US, only the PCR on return.

Can you post a link for that information?

According to what I read and heard you still need an antigen test to FLY into the states.

It's only if you DRIVE across the border that an antigen test is not required.

3 hours ago, thewhip said:

I have been looking for info to indicate no testing would be required for air travel for our cruise in January.  Where can I access this info?  Thanks. 

You need an antigen test for air travel to the U.S. within 3 days and an antigen test for a cruise within 2 days.

So you need to decide if you want to try to find a place to test in the U.S. before you board your cruise OR get a test in Canada before you leave.

Here's a link to an article that explains the rules

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/us-canada-border-november-8-1.6212093 

Air travellers will need to show proof of vaccination on arrival in the U.S. but will still need to show a pre-departure negative COVID-19 test taken within three days of boarding their flight.

Non-essential travellers crossing at a land border will be required to show proof of vaccination or attest to their vaccination status upon request by a border agent — but unlike air travellers they will face no requirement to show a negative COVID-19 test."

• Like 2

1 minute ago, xcell said:

Sorry my mistake -- thought when they were eliminating the antigen test, it was for everything... thanks for clarifying.

I hope things change...

I agree. I mean it makes sense as it's safer to drive across the border then fly but still.

Hopefully by Christmas holidays they will drop some of the testing requirements.

Just now, K_e_short said:

I just re read your posts and you said "a couple of days". You know you need an antigen test 2 days before you board your cruise right?

Correct. I can test on Wednesday morning prior to our flight and our test will still be good to use for our cruise on Friday. 
I would love to hear from someone who has used Switchhealth services at Pearson. 

1 hour ago, broberts said:

Shoppers has a few 24hr locations. Perhaps one of those would work for you.

I thought about that, but all of our local SDM stores that were open 24/7 have closed at midnight and not opened until 8:00 AM, ever since the pandemic started. I assumed that was an SDM Canada-wide interim policy, but maybe not. 

29 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I thought about that, but all of our local SDM stores that were open 24/7 have closed at midnight and not opened until 8:00 AM, ever since the pandemic started. I assumed that was an SDM Canada-wide interim policy, but maybe not. 

I sent an email to a SDM in Oakville as they have posted 24 hrs. They replied with a link to book online COVID tests. All the hrs listed where between 8am-5pm. 

14 minutes ago, Tomchick1970 said:

I sent an email to a SDM in Oakville as they have posted 24 hrs. They replied with a link to book online COVID tests. All the hrs listed where between 8am-5pm. 

Looks like Switchhealth is your only choice. I wonder if the lack of replies to your question is because no one else on CC has used it yet.

21 hours ago, Tomchick1970 said:

If anyone has first hand experience that they can share with using Switchealth at Pearson Airport for their covid 19 test prior to their flight I would love to hear.

I'm a little nervous going to the airport hrs before my departure without a covid test done.  I need to take a test the day we depart from Pearson for our cruise, as we are spending a couple of days in Fort Lauderdale and only want to do one test for travel and cruise.

Please let me know.

Thanks Karen

A man named Russ used Switch at the airport before flights and a Royal cruise this summer. Second page of the below. I remember him posting more details somewhere if you search his posts. Due to flight times and the drive, I believe it was the only option that worked for him. 

10 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Looks like Switchhealth is your only choice. I wonder if the lack of replies to your question is because no one else on CC has used it yet.

Yeah does seem like to many have used. I guess I’ll have to report back with my own experience. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AlbertaCruisers said:

A man named Russ used Switch at the airport before flights and a Royal cruise this summer. Second page of the below. I remember him posting more details somewhere if you search his posts. Due to flight times and the drive, I believe it was the only option that worked for him. 

Thanks. I’ve sent Russ a message.