LIVE from the MAIDEN VOYAGE OF THE ROTTERDAM VII - TRANSATLANTIC

sansterre

5 hours ago, bcummin said:

I am still wondering if the Terra Cotta Soldiers are 

I have thought about that as well.  Might not fit in with the decor of Rotterdam VII.  

2 hours ago, sansterre said:

Today, at breakfast I noticed this two story "wind cellar" right in the middle of the Main Dining Room.

HAL copied what the Celebrity Solstice Class ships did.  I may be wrong, but I think the interior designer was the same that Celebrity used.  

9 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

You might ask the waiter if the cheese plate comes with crackers?

A cheese plate with no quality crackers served is unacceptable "Signature of Excellence".  Or, as that "slogan" been retired?  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, wdw1972 said:

The plexiglass insert on the little stairway exists on Koningsdam, but they did not include it on Nieuw Statendam.  An officer on the ship commented that it had disturbed some guests on K, so I assume that's why it was done away with. 

The clear panel on the aft stairway that you could look down to the sea was on the Nieuw Statendam when I sailed on her in October 2019. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I’d completely forgotten about the glass floor.  Never did look for it on the nieuw statendam.  Good thing since it’s gone 🙂.

When I sailed on the Nieuw Statendam in October 2019 it had the clear panel on the aft stairway. You were able to look down to the sea.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sansterre said:

I did not see any sign of the Terra Cotta Soldiers on the Rotterdam.  Does anyone know where they went?

I remember reading that when it was sold, all of of the art work was included in the sale.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sansterre said:

and the coffee mugs which give a discount on your coffee purchased on the cruise.  I'm not much of a coffee drinker but I heard many preferred the coffee in the Dutch Cafe to Exploration's Central.

For sale 3.jpg

Do you remember the cost of those mugs ?

Thanks 

Sea ya 

Eric 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:

When I sailed on the Nieuw Statendam in October 2019 it had the clear panel on the aft stairway. You were able to look down to the sea.

Thank you.  That’s how I remember the koningsdam as well but it’s been a minute so I could easily be wrong.  It turns my stomach but I find it interesting just the same.  I don’t think I described it too well in my post.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, NonnaGa said:

That florist on board is amazing.  He was on the Koningsdam and did a wonderful class on flower arrangements.  His work resume is pretty impressive too as I remember.

Thanks for that info.  I'll go to his class on the 5 day cruise if there is one.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, nimiq said:

Do you remember the cost of those mugs ?

Thanks 

Sea ya 

Eric 

The mug on the right is $15, plus the tax and service charge which brought it to close to $17.  Friends purchased it on board and said it kept their coffee hot for a long time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, sansterre said:

Yes, hoping there will be some Rotterdam VII things for the next 5 day cruise.  But wondering when or if inaugural things will ever appear.

Maybe because inauguration is around May 1st 2022? 

• Like 1

This is our Trivia Team with the trophy Nick presents to the winning team.  The winners get to keep it for 60 seconds.  

My husband and I are standing behind the rest of the team of Dawna, Ken, Arlene, and Gary.

Trivia.jpg

Edited by sansterre
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Hi, MaxEdison,

We have done the East to West transatlantic twice (2009 from Barcelona, 2016 from Rome) and loved gaining an hour of sleep each day. The second trip followed nearly three weeks of site/sightseeing in Europe so the rest was warranted (I was 75).

Jim

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And now for some trivia

1. What is the oldest soft drink in the U.S.?

2. What is the largest Sea?

3. What is autophobia?

4. What country drinks the most beer?

5. What do the two M letters stand for in the candy M&M.

6. Man or wonan, who gets the most hic-cups? 

7.  What vegetable did Mark Twain say was "cabbage with a college education"?

• Like 5

On 11/3/2021 at 1:56 PM, sansterre said:

I just realized that I never posted the Downton Abbey tea photos.  And now I seem to have lost the large group photo.  But here is Laurel who organized the tea.  The second photo is of  the "best dressed" couple.

Downton Abbey .jpg

Downton Abbey 2.jpg

Thank-you for the kind words! It was so much fun and Laurel did a great job with the trivia

Edited by sherifa
  • Like 1

A better trivia win photo with me holding the trophy!

And a few more trivia questions:

1.  What instrument has 47 strings and 7 pedals?

2.  In Monopoly, what is the next most expensive property to Boardwalk and Park Place?

Trivia.jpg

Edited by sansterre
  • Like 7

A few pages ago, there was discussion on when drink cards are available. 

On the last day I asked if I could purchase a drink card for the day and the bar staff said only on Day 1 or Day 2.

I don't recall who it was, but someone wanted to purchase for just one day of his cruise.  

Now I am finished posting on here until Friday when  I will check out the aft pool area, looking for a glass floor near the stairs.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2