LIVE from the MAIDEN VOYAGE OF THE ROTTERDAM VII - TRANSATLANTIC

sansterre

If all goes as planned DH and I will join about 200 Roll Call friends on the Rotterdam VII on Wednesday.  The transatlantic cruise begins in Amsterdam and ends November 3rd in Fort Lauderdale.  We have all filled out many Covid related forms and taken pre-flight Covid tests and are finally ready to travel.  Our Roll Call is nearly 350 pages of helpful comments and we have had weekly Zoom meetings for the past two months to help deal with various situations.  

The Rotterdam will take us to:

*. Zeebruge Belgium

*. LeHavre France 

*. Portland GB 

*. Brest France

*. Ponta Delgado in the Azores.

*  Ft. Lauderdale

I'm encouraging others on our amazing Roll Call to add ship and port photos, experiences, and thoughts to this thread.  Of course, readers questions and comments are also welcome.  Please join us and the brand new cruise ship Rotterdam VII on this voyage!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 5

Bon Voyage. 

We all look forward to learning of the newest ship in the HAL fleet. Many want to know what crew members have the privilege of being on the maiden voyage as some of us have lots of crew acquaintances.  Be prepared for lots of questions but also take time to enjoy your cruise.

Smooth seas and calm winds.

• Like 7

How wonderful that y ou are doing another LIVE thread and on this special voyage, especially.

Looking forward to hearing all you have to share 👍 

Bon Voyage !  Have a great cruise and a WONDERFUL time !!!!

• Like 3

If you click on the above box, it will take you to the LIVE FROM THE ROTTERDAM THREAD.  It is my hope that you will share a few photos of the Rotterdam and/or your experiences in ports.  

Also, you can give this link to your friends and relatives that might want to follow us across the Atlantic.

Edited by sansterre
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, sansterre said:

If all goes as planned DH and I will join about 200 Roll Call friends on the Rotterdam VII on Wednesday.  The transatlantic cruise begins in Amsterdam and ends November 3rd in Fort Lauderdale.  We have all filled out many Covid related forms and taken pre-flight Covid tests and are finally ready to travel.  Our Roll Call is nearly 350 pages of helpful comments and we have had weekly Zoom meetings for the past two months to help deal with various situations.  

The Rotterdam will take us to:

*. Zeebruge Belgium

*. LeHavre France 

*. Portland GB 

*. Brest France

*. Ponta Delgado in the Azores.

*  Ft. Lauderdale

I'm encouraging others on our amazing Roll Call to add ship and port photos, experiences, and thoughts to this thread.  Of course, readers questions and comments are also welcome.  Please join us and the brand new cruise ship Rotterdam VII on this voyage!

Have a safe and enjoyable cruise on this new ship

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, richwmn said:

@sansterre, could I trouble you for a small favor. I don't seem to be able to find the itinerary for this cruise. Would you be so kind as to post it?

Thanks

Rich

Here you go Rich:

ITINERARY 

WED 20OCT21 Sail from Amsterdam, The Netherlands 1 5:00pm

THU 21OCT21 Zeebrugge (Brussels), Belgium 8:00am 4:00pm

FRI 22OCT21 Le Havre (Paris), France 2 8:00am 8:00pm

SAT 23OCT21 Portland (Weymouth), England, Unite 8:00am 5:00pm

SUN 24OCT21 Brest, France 10:00am 6:00pm

MON 25OCT21 Sea Day 

TUE 26OCT21 Sea Day 

WED 27OCT21 Ponta Delgada, Sao Miguel, Azores, 8:00am 5:00pm THU 28OCT21 Sea Day 

FRI 29OCT21 Sea Day 

SAT 30OCT21 Sea Day 

SUN 31OCT21 Sea Day 

MON 01NOV21 Sea Day 

TUE 02NOV21 Sea Day 

WED 03NOV21 Debark Ship Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US 7:00am

Edited by 0bnxshs
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, 0bnxshs said:

Looking forward to everyone's reports.  Best wishes for a great cruise!

You are definitely with us in spirit!  Thanks again for all the time and effort you spent all these many months keeping us organized and beyond!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, 0bnxshs said:

Here you go Rich:

ITINERARY 

WED 20OCT21 Sail from Amsterdam, The Netherlands 1 5:00pm

THU 21OCT21 Zeebrugge (Brussels), Belgium 8:00am 4:00pm

FRI 22OCT21 Le Havre (Paris), France 2 8:00am 8:00pm

SAT 23OCT21 Portland (Weymouth), England, Unite 8:00am 5:00pm

SUN 24OCT21 Brest, France 10:00am 6:00pm

MON 25OCT21 Sea Day 

TUE 26OCT21 Sea Day 

WED 27OCT21 Ponta Delgada, Sao Miguel, Azores, 8:00am 5:00pm THU 28OCT21 Sea Day 

FRI 29OCT21 Sea Day 

SAT 30OCT21 Sea Day 

SUN 31OCT21 Sea Day 

MON 01NOV21 Sea Day 

TUE 02NOV21 Sea Day 

WED 03NOV21 Debark Ship Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US 7:00am

thanks!

• Like 1

Of all the “Live from” threads this unusual year, yours is the one I have anticipated most. Your roll call passengers have finally prevailed through all the changes and will soon be heading out to sea. There is an extra-special feeling of this ship’s maiden voyage, HAL’s first new ship post-Covid, carrying the historic flagship name of Rotterdam. We will be so excited to walk up the gangway on November 5 in Ft. Lauderdale, even for just five days aboard. So we’ll look forward to everyone’s contributions to this thread. Thank you for starting it.

Wishing you all fair winds & following seas!

• Like 4

Thank you so much for doing this live review....I can only imagine the hoops everyone has had to jump thru to get on this sailing....Our last Hal cruise was on the Koningsdam...2017...and I am hoping to be able to sail the Rotterdam in February....Again thanks so much for taking us along!

• Like 3

Really looking forward to following you on this thread!  I'm one of the unfortunate displaced souls who signed up for the original premiere voyage departing from Trieste.  When they first cancelled, this cruise wasn't the one offered as a replacement.  Bon voyage!

• Like 2