LIVE from the MAIDEN VOYAGE OF THE ROTTERDAM VII - TRANSATLANTIC

sansterre

55 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

There is no cost associated with the food unless that has changed.  Coffee and liquor, yes.  I don’t think they would have afternoon tea there but I could be wrong.  They used to be held the the mdr.

Afternoon tea is in the DR on deck 3.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, albingirl said:

So happy to hear that the Ocean Bar has entertainment.  The lack of it has been a huge disappointment for us.

AGREED!! We missed it to! It's great to have music before dinner! So happy it's back!

• Like 2

The Rotterdam is supposed to have a different lifeboat mounting system that allows her to pass through the Panama Canal.  Do you have any pictures of the lifeboats in position and how it affects the aft promenade deck?

Roy

• Like 3

7 hours ago, rafinmd said:

The Rotterdam is supposed to have a different lifeboat mounting system that allows her to pass through the Panama Canal.  Do you have any pictures of the lifeboats in position and how it affects the aft promenade deck?

Roy

Good question!  I will look into that tomorrow and try to take photos.   Our drill was to listen to the notice on TV, and report in at our muster station.  Our station is Main Dining Room 2.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Unable to post all day today.  Not sure why I kept signing in but after writing my post, it would not post.  I also tried to post photos.....same thing.  Disappointing because it was a rainy day in Brest and I thought I would get questions answered and photos posted.  

First to answer Rich's question about Capt. Albert Schoonderbeek being on board.  When I called the Front Desk and asked if Captain Albert was on board, they said they would check.  After a few minutes the answer was "No, our captain is Captain Van Dreumel.".  So, I asked Tony who does Trivia  - the Assistant Cruise Director, I suppose.  Tony said Captain Albert had planned to be on the cruise and very much want to be here, but because of Covid being so prevalent he recently decided not to make the trip.

I then asked if Captain Timmers was on the Rotterdam, cruising back home to Florida.  He said, "No he had filled his contract, was going to visit friends or relatives in The Netherlands, then fly back home.

Tony, is from Belgium.  He is personable and does a great job with trivia, and probably many other duties too.

Edited by sansterre
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 4

As we leave Brest I want to post some of my photos from the three European ports we visited.

(Remember our first planned port of Brugge, was not made due to some storms in the area.)

In LeHavre, DH and I took a HAL 9 hour tour to Giverny.

The first photo is of Claude Monet's Home

The next two of the living room area.

G house.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, sansterre said:

Unable to post all day today.  Not sure why I kept signing in but after writing my post, it would not post.  I also tried to post photos.....same thing.  Disappointing because it was a rainy day in Brest and I thought I would get questions answered and photos posted.  

First to answer Rich's question about Capt. Albert Schoonderbeek being on board.  When I called the Front Desk and asked if Captain Albert was on board, they said they would check.  After a few minutes the answer was "No, our captain is Captain Van Dreumel.".  So, I asked Tony who does Trivia  - the Assistant Cruise Director, I suppose.  Tony said Captain Albert had planned to be on the cruise and very much want to be here, but because of Covid being so prevalent he recently decided not to make the trip.

I then asked if Captain Timmers was on the Rotterdam, cruising back home to Florida.  He said, "No he had filled his contract, was going to visit friends or relatives in The Netherlands, then fly back home.

Tony, is from Belgium.  He is personable and does a great job with trivia, and probably many other duties too.

Would anyone be able to tell you when Captains Timmers will be back onboard?

Now we are cruising Southwest at 21 knots at 237 degrees.  We should arrive Ponta Delgada, Azores on Wednesday at 8 a.m.

We should gain an hour every day, for awhile anyway.

But tomorrow our Covid test is scheduled for 7:30 A.M. 

Tomorrow is also our Roll Call Meet and Greet at 11:00.

Also tonight we received an invite to Mariner Society Recognition Event, also at 11:00.

Since I have organized the Meet and Greet, I will go to it.  DH will go to the Mariner's event.

In the afternoon I will post some more photos and try to answer questions.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5