LIVE/Grand/Oct. 23 - Nov.1, 2021

HBCcruiser

26 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

I love this (especially the Brie). Did you ask for extras? Usually, there are only 2 pieces of Brie.

That’s how it was given to us. We took most of it back to our cabin. Soooo much food. 

8 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Are there any weather experts out there who can explain why every final sea day heading back to LA from Cabo is always cloudy? I am 8 for 8 right now. 🤔

3E3F753C-697A-4A22-919B-1963BAB98F4D.jpeg

they didn't stop for that life raft out there   😦

• Haha 1

On 10/30/2021 at 2:38 PM, HBCcruiser said:

Doing the premium wine tasting. Wines are great pours are very sad. We asked the waiter to give a better pour but…. As you can see..👎👎👎

D6FF90BF-A293-4267-BB7F-3D6C8D594342.jpeg

It is a tasting not a get drunk session.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Chefs table on RCC we had full glass pours for our "tasting". Granted, that 5 course meal lasted 4 hours, but still.... there is such a thing as a generous tasting pour without getting sloppy drunk. Every tasting I've done you need more than one sip to get the full flavor profile, so that's not going to happen with that baby sip.

• Like 2

Anyone needing a PCR test to fly into another country (Canada for example) you exit the terminal and head towards a tent structure. Princess will administer the test for free. It takes an hour for the results so add that time for your travels if needed. 

27788F20-6522-4DEE-A18E-E82DF48D0636.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

13 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

Chefs table on RCC we had full glass pours for our "tasting". Granted, that 5 course meal lasted 4 hours, but still.... there is such a thing as a generous tasting pour without getting sloppy drunk. Every tasting I've done you need more than one sip to get the full flavor profile, so that's not going to happen with that baby sip.

A dinner is much different from a tasting.  At the Princess Chef's Table events, glasses are similarly appropriately filled, and refills are offered.

I don't know where people are going for wine tastings where they get full fills.  Most of my tastings have been at wineries.  I think a 1-oz, pour is pretty standard,  That is why bachelorette parties have to make sure they visit five or six tasting rooms in order to get the proper buzz.  My wife and I usually split a tasting,  There seems to be plenty enough to get what is going on with.  Also, since I am driving, I usually spit.

• Like 3

Our last night (Halloween) was a lot of fun. We had dinner in the Crown Grill. Food was amazing! The wonderful staff have bought us several bottles of wine and Champagne to celebrate our Anniversary and we had some last night. Luckily, we live close to port so are able to take the rest home with us. 

4E087CCE-46C1-4B2F-8FCB-4C29E0662F5F.jpeg

FE184963-64F8-4C52-B37B-F1C264C838A7.jpeg

4DDE1BFA-1B13-454D-93A1-FB7B3640E4BB.jpeg

79DA7612-3098-4EAC-8124-946AFA5780D9.jpeg

8A4A0A09-57C9-42EA-AAB0-C269FFB29118.jpeg

F34B15D0-2679-4F21-9A88-014610C5C91C.jpeg

4FCC5CEF-7E1A-4A38-95FC-458373B9C136.jpeg

• Like 4

It was a wonderful back to back cruise.  Great food, good company, @HBCcruiser.  Was hoping to run in @HaveDogWillTravel.  It's so hard to know who these people are without faces or prearrangements.  The crew made up for any shortcomings that Princess had. 

John made me towel animals after I told him he was famous on Cruise Critic.

• Like 4

To follow up regarding our cabin situation: They were never able to fully fix the air/heat in our bedroom. They tried very hard, though. Princess made up for our troubles in other ways and we are very satisfied with how things were handled. I am excited to rejoin the Grand in April. I’m sad that most of the current staff won’t be onboard her then. They go home starting in February-March. 

Thanks for following along this thread, and thanks to those who contributed. Get out there and cruise again. It is safe. There have been zero cases onboard the Grand. The protocols Princess have in place are working. Jump onboard an upcoming cruise while the passenger counts are low. Help get the cruise lines get back to doing what they do best… bringing us joy.

“May you have fair winds and following seas.” 

TTFN 😎🥂

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 12

9 minutes ago, floridababa said:

Thinking of booking the Grand but want to know the condition it is in. Took it years ago and it needed a really bad refurbishment. How is it now? It is suppose to get a facelift soon.

The carpet seemed new and the furniture in our suite looked rather new. Everything seemed very clean and not old. There are some electrical/heating/air issues (others reported problems not just us) but they try to fix them. She goes back for more work in April. 

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

To follow up regarding our cabin situation: They were never able to fully fix the air/heat in our bedroom. They tried very hard, though. Princess made up for our troubles in other ways and we are very satisfied with how things were handled. I am excited to rejoin the Grand in April. I’m sad that most of the current staff won’t be onboard her then. They go home starting in February-March. 

Thanks for following along this thread, and thanks to those who contributed. Get out there and cruise again. It is safe. There have been zero cases onboard the Grand. The protocols Princess have in place are working. Jump onboard an upcoming cruise while the passenger counts are low. Help get the cruise lines get back to doing what they do best… bringing us joy.

“May you have fair winds and following seas.” 

TTFN 😎🥂

Thank you for all your live posts!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HBCcruiser said:

Our last night (Halloween) was a lot of fun. We had dinner in the Crown Grill. Food was amazing! The wonderful staff have bought us several bottles of wine and Champagne to celebrate our Anniversary and we had some last night. Luckily, we live close to port so are able to take the rest home with us. 

4E087CCE-46C1-4B2F-8FCB-4C29E0662F5F.jpeg

FE184963-64F8-4C52-B37B-F1C264C838A7.jpeg

4DDE1BFA-1B13-454D-93A1-FB7B3640E4BB.jpeg

79DA7612-3098-4EAC-8124-946AFA5780D9.jpeg

8A4A0A09-57C9-42EA-AAB0-C269FFB29118.jpeg

F34B15D0-2679-4F21-9A88-014610C5C91C.jpeg

4FCC5CEF-7E1A-4A38-95FC-458373B9C136.jpeg

EGADS ! looks like my ex wife, red eye's and all.  Now that red varietal selection, I would need a four oz. pour to define the various flavors it would be imparting on my palate .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1