ANOTHER (just what you wanted) Mardi Gras LIVE 11/06-11/13

MeganGC1983

11 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

That’s crazy! I couldn’t do it. Hope you have a great trip! 
I have used cube packing before, but I’m not pressed for space. I will take 2 bags because I can lol I need shoe options and room for souvenirs. 

I hear you and I agree with you......ENJOY!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hogladyrider said:

@MeganGC1983...what you are not utilizing the cube packing method like Sid!  I watched the video yesterday and it was pretty friggin amazing.

I've always wondered roll or fold.....either way looking forward to following your cruise!

I'm like you I used to overpack, not so much anymore.  I am leaving Friday on an 18 day trip and only bringing one carryon bag!

What is the cube packing method? What video did you watch?

5 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I have used both methods. I find that the cube packing fits more but it makes my bag very heavy. The women in the video forgot the most important step in cube packing - using the zipper that compresses the bag into a smaller size. If she did that, there would have been a ton more room in her suitcase.

• Like 3

On 10/28/2021 at 12:41 PM, Hogladyrider said:

@MeganGC1983...what you are not utilizing the cube packing method like Sid!  I watched the video yesterday and it was pretty friggin amazing.

I've always wondered roll or fold.....either way looking forward to following your cruise!

I'm like you I used to overpack, not so much anymore.  I am leaving Friday on an 18 day trip and only bringing one carryon bag!

I’d love to take a packing class from you! I’m trying to figure out how to use one carryon bag for our 7 night cruise!

• Like 1

Rapids are scheduled! Getting REAL! It’s only been 590 days since I was last on a cruise ship. So much going on this week. Gotta pack all 3 kids to go to my in-laws. There are field trips and my oldest is in community theater which of course has a play she’s in, opening Thursday. It was suppose to happen in October but was pushed back due to Covid.

I gotta get it all done…then Cheers! package! 

EB945DE1-5193-465E-9902-C907B2D25DF7.png

• Like 4

Do you believe in 🧚‍♀️? The magical upsale fairy just called. For $100, we can move from our lowly cove balcony on 5 to a magical Ocean suite on 9… with priority boarding and a walk in closet and all the glitter and glamour that goes with it. I yelled HECK YES, take my money.
Truth be told, I had a feeling the call was coming. I didn’t print anything yet in hopes of this call. 
I even had a gift card ready so I saved 10%. MAGICAL!! 

• Like 20

39 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Do you believe in 🧚‍♀️? The magical upsale fairy just called. For $100, we can move from our lowly cove balcony on 5 to a magical Ocean suite on 9… with priority boarding and a walk in closet and all the glitter and glamour that goes with it. I yelled HECK YES, take my money.
Truth be told, I had a feeling the call was coming. I didn’t print anything yet in hopes of this call. 

Very cool!!! 🙌 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Wow! What a deal.....now I really can’t wait for “our” cruise 😀😀😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This week is dragging, but I’ve managed to work some, and I finished packing-ish today. My ducks are ready.

It’s really cold here right now… like the 40’s and it is NOT my jam. I’m ready to get my Covid tests done and hit the road. In 72 hours, I’ll be on a plane! 

DBB7556C-050A-49FA-9AEF-11859DA6A406.jpeg

3E18C99C-B8F7-4C61-B5FD-3CF27030EBB1.jpeg

F9F9E2E1-5E55-4EE1-B8C3-5DC332E2295E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

@MeganGC1983....ouch my feet hurt looking at those gold heels!  You really walk in those?  You go girl.

In dire need of your review to start......all the others have come to debarkation and I'm having withdrawal.

On my flight from Phoenix to Orlando last Friday, small world, sitting next to me on the plane was a couple from Phoenix who were flying in to cruise on the Mardis Gras the next day.....2nd cruise on Mardis Gras for them, they liked it so much when they first cruised on her in August!  

Our conversations on cruising made the 4 hours pass quickly.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

@MeganGC1983....ouch my feet hurt looking at those gold heels!  You really walk in those?  You go girl.

In dire need of your review to start......all the others have come to debarkation and I'm having withdrawal.

On my flight from Phoenix to Orlando last Friday, small world, sitting next to me on the plane was a couple from Phoenix who were flying in to cruise on the Mardis Gras the next day.....2nd cruise on Mardis Gras for them, they liked it so much when they first cruised on her in August!  

Our conversations on cruising made the 4 hours pass quickly.

Yeah, I’m a short girl (5’3) so I climb in shoes like that all the time. Those will be reserved for formal nights and I will change out of them quickly due to the Cheers! Package. 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

57 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Yeah, I’m a short girl (5’3) so I climb in shoes like that all the time. Those will be reserved for formal nights and I will change out of them quickly due to the Cheers! Package. 😆

Well I wasn't going to go there with the Cheers thingy....but glad to know you will be putting your priorities in the right order....1) cheers 2) shoes

• Haha 2

The Health Assessment email came this afternoon. And like so many others, I went to Carnival dot com and it was NOT there. 
But TONIGHT, it was there, and now, it’s all filled out and submitted. One more thing done as we sail back to normalcy or whatever they are wanting us to say. 😉

4A048886-CF54-4A2A-BB36-A644AFE46E4F.jpeg

4FD5B126-016B-4985-AEA7-3390C879F8EA.jpeg

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

The Health Assessment email came this afternoon. And like so many others, I went to Carnival dot com and it was NOT there. 
But TONIGHT, it was there, and now, it’s all filled out and submitted. One more thing done as we sail back to normalcy or whatever they are wanting us to say. 😉

4A048886-CF54-4A2A-BB36-A644AFE46E4F.jpeg

4FD5B126-016B-4985-AEA7-3390C879F8EA.jpeg

Just got mine done!! It’s gettin’ real now!!!

• Like 3

Running all the errands today… pedicure, dry cleaning pick up, last Walmart run, etc. Tomorrow will be strictly Covid testing and my daughter’s opening night of her play. I am ready to get to a warmer climate. It’s in the 40’s today, and I hate it. I almost didn’t run this morning… then I thought about alchemy bar and creme brûlée… 😑 and did a 5K. 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 3