Booked a WC today, this will be my 1st

SummerBeee

Took the leap today and booked the doozy of a cruse Royal offered, 274 days Miami round trip. 
I cruise a lot, just nothing beyond Caribbean and Alaska.

DH is not going but he gave it the green light. He isn’t in the position to take that much time away from home.

Offered to our daughter as a college graduation gift, she also wasn’t interested (too long and too many sea days for her)

I’ll be going solo. Locked an interior cabin with rooms above, below, besides, and across the hall. 
Now to do a deep dive into all the “stuff” I need to know before departure. 778 days to go

• Like 7

Congratulations.  That is one very long world cruise.  We are taking our first WC in January on Regent.  Since both my DH and I are leaving home for four months there is a tremendous amount to do and to pack.  We all will be there to help you when you prepare for your WC of the WC's.

Norma

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2021 at 3:38 PM, SummerBeee said:

Took the leap today and booked the doozy of a cruse Royal offered, 274 days Miami round trip. 
I cruise a lot, just nothing beyond Caribbean and Alaska.

DH is not going but he gave it the green light. He isn’t in the position to take that much time away from home.

Offered to our daughter as a college graduation gift, she also wasn’t interested (too long and too many sea days for her)

I’ll be going solo. Locked an interior cabin with rooms above, below, besides, and across the hall. 
Now to do a deep dive into all the “stuff” I need to know before departure. 778 days to go

Curious of the price as a solo.

Couldn't talk DH into this one. The price tag had him balking.

I've done Vegas solo--don't suppose I can convince him I should do this one solo...

On 10/30/2021 at 10:28 PM, KKB said:

Curious of the price as a solo.

Couldn't talk DH into this one. The price tag had him balking.

I've done Vegas solo--don't suppose I can convince him I should do this one solo...

$101,000 for an OV, but that is with the 340 point C&A discount

• Like 1

When I priced the solo-trip with an Agent I had been told $ 112,000.00 - too steep for me. I have also been told that it has been 70 % booked, so don't think there will be many people on segments. Enjoy your trip, looks exciting.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BVILady said:

When I priced the solo-trip with an Agent I had been told $ 112,000.00 - too steep for me. I have also been told that it has been 70 % booked, so don't think there will be many people on segments. Enjoy your trip, looks exciting.

Agree; that's too much money for me!  Hard to believe that it is 70% booked with, as I understand, a non-refundable deposit requirement.  If true, it does show the pent-up demand for a world cruise.  And, maybe, some who have "money to burn".  

I would think that you could add your daughter or a friend to the booking at no cost - she can just do 1 or 2 segments and then leave.

To get an idea of what life is like on a long voyage you can look at the roll calls for some of the upcoming w/c or from those before the shut down and find links to live threads on CC or blogs from those voyages.  They have great port and life on board info.

In 2016 my wife and I did a 180 night on Oceania and there were about 10 solos plus a few friends sharing cabins so you are unlikely to be alone.  The ship will likely host some M&G meetings for solos on board.

On that voyage I did a daily posting on CC.  I copied everything to a word doc.  It's a long read but if interested I can send a copy  waynesmithtor AT yahoo DOT CA

• Like 2

5 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Agree; that's too much money for me!  Hard to believe that it is 70% booked with, as I understand, a non-refundable deposit requirement.  If true, it does show the pent-up demand for a world cruise.  And, maybe, some who have "money to burn".  

The 70% is dropping now that deposits are coming due. 

At one time, I had 4 cabins on hold

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1