Ruby Princess arrived in San Francisco prior to it's first cruise since the Pandemic

trbarton

I  went to Pier 23 Jazz cafe to document the Ruby Princess arriving. I’m on the cruise departing on Sunday. 

It was sticking its head out like saying “Hello”. It’s my 1st time to see a cruise ship arriving. I’ve enclosed a photo of a couple that invited me to join them. It’s arrived early to get ready for our cruise with supplies etc. Strange to see nobody outside on their balcony or the outside decks. 

I met some people from Corporate, one gentleman from the beverage department, & we talked for a little bit. I mentioned that this will be a test cruise since the Ruby has never been a medallion cruise so people have to be patient as some things might not work like they expected. Guess this will be a test cruise. 

I enjoyed watching the ship come in & documenting the arrival. It was interesting to track it on the app for tracking ships & to see that it had gone underneath the Golden Gate Bridge. 

It’s docked it the Cruise Terminal, pier 27 in San Francisco, if you want to take a look. 

I’ve included the cruise ship that I was wearing. 

Enjoy my photos.

DDBC0018-40C3-4537-A6E4-33509C7E13F3.jpeg

CFEC2D38-A234-40E9-839E-29646C1737AF.jpeg

5E7E3C77-34A6-4B11-A3FC-772F0B562258.jpeg

986852BA-707C-4CBB-BA1C-6FE609579402.jpeg

DFCE9CE1-0088-4C32-A4C8-D44FF1367A06.jpeg

9A8A71AB-8099-4674-B406-55EC439C7D26.jpeg

13D54981-0435-4E66-8738-B26BECCE46BF.jpeg

27D421E9-D073-4183-8F46-97EF6738BB90.jpeg

DE8A493A-ACD1-40E4-BC74-464B7BC7C3EE.jpeg

BE00FB36-C997-49ED-BC3E-551E902397C4.jpeg

0ADC0B8C-6ADE-4062-A1FF-9DE879F53FDA.jpeg

6488D367-16AE-479A-946F-071AB414CF8A.jpeg

A0B780B1-6623-4B02-835A-84FCDFA723B5.jpeg

0C6A89C7-D82A-4B33-A57E-CCF5CC791555.jpeg

99F9FE96-7949-441E-92FA-B4180E7F3A10.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, trbarton said:

I  went to Pier 23 Jazz cafe to document the Ruby Princess arriving. I’m on the cruise departing on Sunday. 

It was sticking its head out like saying “Hello”. It’s my 1st time to see a cruise ship arriving. I’ve enclosed a photo of a couple that invited me to join them. It’s arrived early to get ready for our cruise with supplies etc. Strange to see nobody outside on their balcony or the outside decks. 

I met some people from Corporate, one gentleman from the beverage department, & we talked for a little bit. I mentioned that this will be a test cruise since the Ruby has never been a medallion cruise so people have to be patient as some things might not work like they expected. Guess this will be a test cruise. 

I enjoyed watching the ship come in & documenting the arrival. It was interesting to track it on the app for tracking ships & to see that it had gone underneath the Golden Gate Bridge. 

It’s docked it the Cruise Terminal, pier 27 in San Francisco, if you want to take a look. 

I’ve included the cruise ship that I was wearing. 

Enjoy my photos.

She's going out on a 3-night test run of sorts with employees.  IDK how many "passengers", but that is my understanding.  Bit of a shakedown with "customers" aboard before the "live show" on Sunday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for posting these photos of the Ruby sailing into SF, trbarton and 2 Cruises a year.   We have to wait another 6 mos. until we sail on her, but she's looking great.  Anxious to pass under the Golden Gate Bridge next May!

Edited by Cruzinnana47

12 hours ago, trbarton said:

I mentioned that this will be a test cruise since the Ruby has never been a medallion cruise so people have to be patient as some things might not work like they expected. Guess this will be a test cruise. 

Sorry Tom but this is not quite true.  I sailed the Ruby around New Zealand in February 2020 and she was pretty much full medallion at that time.  We used the locate feature to find friends to take them to the “secret” place to view the fjords!  Fun.  The only thing I can think of that wasn’t available (or I just didn’t use it) at that time was food and beverage delivery to wherever you are.

Hi sister @dchip 😁

• Like 1

Looking GOOD, I have my family going in a couple cabins on the Ruby for the Nov 22, Thanksgiving, cruise.

Hope our covid tests results come in time. Have to take them on Saturday for the Monday sailing. 

Planned to take Bart to embarcadero and then Waymo to the ship but not looking good. 

1 hour ago, GardenMaster said:

Looking GOOD, I have my family going in a couple cabins on the Ruby for the Nov 22, Thanksgiving, cruise.

Hope our covid tests results come in time. Have to take them on Saturday for the Monday sailing. 

Planned to take Bart to embarcadero and then Waymo to the ship but not looking good. 

We'll be cruising with you.  We aren't fans of BART so we'll be parking at the garage across the street. 

Just in case you're still looking for a testing site, I wanted to mention something.  I work in health services at an East Bay school.  We've been directing everyone to City Health for their testing.  The test results have been coming back in less than 12 hours.  

• Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, atobols said:

We'll be cruising with you.  We aren't fans of BART so we'll be parking at the garage across the street. 

Just in case you're still looking for a testing site, I wanted to mention something.  I work in health services at an East Bay school.  We've been directing everyone to City Health for their testing.  The test results have been coming back in less than 12 hours.  

Wow!  That was easy!  Thank you!!

On 10/29/2021 at 3:38 PM, atobols said:

I'll have to file that one away for answers to posts here and on "social media." Right at San Francisco Center downtown near Nordstrom and Bloomingdales! (You could even take a historic streetcar from there down Market St and the Embarcadero to the pier)

...Personally, I live in the city and Kaiser drive-thru PCR testing has consistently had results in 20 hours or so. So with planning, I'll be fine (but will remember that site if we run into problems).

Bon Voyage,  trbarton!

Edited by MarkBearSF

On 10/29/2021 at 3:38 PM, atobols said:

I want to thank you for this link.  We're based in San Joaquin county which has quite limited quick turn testing.  We sail from Los Angeles (on Grand) on January 4th and were thinking the path of least resistance might require a trek to SFO for in terminal testing (which we did to visit Hawaii in April).  Expensive, yes, but we'd leave with results in hand.  We've been worried that getting tested elsewhere on Sunday, January 2nd, might be a challenge.  I initiated a booking with City Health in Livermore and was surprised to find that they already have testing slots available, and on Sunday the 2nd or January!

Still hoping more proctored antigen tests get manufactured in time, but meanwhile, I'm going to grab two slots with City and rest more easily for the next two months.  Thanks again for the most useful link.

Not booked yet, but we have the Jan 6 Mexico itinerary penciled-in. (Depends on what my oncologist says in a couple of weeks). We've enjoyed that itinerary before, on the Grand Princess in 2018. We'll take a Pulmonia (I just discovered they're named for "Heart Attack" aka Pulmonary, in Spanish) to Pancho's in the Golden Zone for Coconut Shrimp, hit Walmart in PV for vanilla and souvenirs and have lunch next to the river, under the bridge at the River Cafe. And stay on the ship for Manzanillo (nothing really appealing) and Cabo (difficult for my husband to navigate the tender, and we've done multiple times before). Fingers crossed.

Edited by MarkBearSF