Which cruise ship has the best thalassotherapy pool experience?

C-sea

56 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

HAL Vista and Signature class, but they are part of the spa and not free.  Not sure about Pinnacle class.  EM

Agree!  Sailed on Nieuw Statendam, a Pinnacle Class ship, and there are improvements that were made in the pool.

I enjoyed the pool on Royal Princess,  The rain shower feature was nice.  The individual whirlpool stations were good.  But, the stainless steel rack at the far end of the pool were just a tad too high off the floor for short legged me to easily get on the rack.  

• Thanks 1

The QM2 facility was 'state of the art' for 2004 - but had not received updates through at least 2019. It is included for the same day as some Spa services, and a day pass is available for purchase.

An overhaul/rebranding was supposed to be scheduled [with the same concession], but there will be no updates from passengers until, at the earliest, later this month.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, disneygirl said:

I love the Thermal Suite on the Norwegian Gem, it is quite large and spacious, plus they have at least 10 heated stone chairs and they face the ocean, which makes the experience even better.

The newer ships have spas that are even more impressive.

• Thanks 1

It's the thalassotherapy pool I'm most interested in and it's immediate visual surroundings. Lately I don't use the other spa components, other than relaxing on a heated lounge between dips in the moving water current therapy pool. I enjoy Viking Ocean's spa pool and are looking for other ships that would have something similar. It would be ok if there is a cost to this as it has become something I like to use most days.

4 hours ago, C-sea said:

It's the thalassotherapy pool I'm most interested in and it's immediate visual surroundings.

On HAL's Vista, Signature, and Pinnacle Class ships, the pool is topside.  There are windows around part of the pool that have sheer curtains that provide privacy for the guests, but allow sufficient natural light.  Comfortable, appropriate furniture surrounds the pool with greenery present and, sometimes, a towel Swan animal or two on the edge of the pool.

Royal Princess' pool was below decks and had a somewhat dark, dungeon feel to it because of no natural light.  The lighting that was there was soft, not bright.  There was less "decor", I believe, than the pools on HAL.  Yet, it was a pleasant place for me and I did enjoy it. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

On HAL's Vista, Signature, and Pinnacle Class ships, the pool is topside. 

Do these pools have jets and current to swim against? Also do they have a retractable roof for inclement weather?

5 hours ago, C-sea said:

Do these pools have jets and current to swim against? Also do they have a retractable roof for inclement weather?

Jets, yes.  Current to swim against, no.  The roof over the pool has a skylight made of different colored glass, but does not retract.  The pools also have a whirlpool feature in the middle of the pool.  

The Pinnacle Class ships' pools added an underwater extension around part of the pool that allowed one to sit on it if one didn't want to get on the stainless steel rack.  I enjoyed that and was particularly useful if there was "little room on the rack".  

• Thanks 1