Won Haven Spa Upgrade (YAY)! Now What?

rtkenmore

Looking for anyone who has experience with the Breakaway Class Haven Spa upgrades. We bid on a fluke thinking we would not get the upgrade at all because our upgrade was rated "poor". Well, we got it!  It's my mom and I traveling for a delayed retirement trip since she retired last year and I'm curious about the room set up.  We joked that one of us could sleep on the couch if we actually did win as the floorpans show a couch but looking further at photos, only a small table and chair are shown.

Does anyone know if the beds can be split into two like the normal room queen beds can? If not, does anyone know if the rooms do indeed have couches in them?  And if not, does anyone know if you can have a roll-away brought into the room in order to have two separate beds?

Any insight or information would be great appreciated. Thanks in advance!

When we sailed on the Breakaway in 2017, the haven spa rooms were on both side of the ship. We were on the port side that had a couch whilst our friends were on the starboard that had a chair. 

I can't remember if the bed splits in two but even if it doesn't, it's huge that you could probably put pillows down the middle lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rtkenmore said:

Looking for anyone who has experience with the Breakaway Class Haven Spa upgrades. We bid on a fluke thinking we would not get the upgrade at all because our upgrade was rated "poor". Well, we got it!  It's my mom and I traveling for a delayed retirement trip since she retired last year and I'm curious about the room set up.  We joked that one of us could sleep on the couch if we actually did win as the floorpans show a couch but looking further at photos, only a small table and chair are shown.

Does anyone know if the beds can be split into two like the normal room queen beds can? If not, does anyone know if the rooms do indeed have couches in them?  And if not, does anyone know if you can have a roll-away brought into the room in order to have two separate beds?

Haven beds can not be split. And because the jacuzzi bath tub sits in the middle of the room for a romantic bubble bath, many rooms do not have a couch. 

2 hours ago, rtkenmore said:

Ask if the bed can be switched with twin beds. DH and I were on the Sun, next door to the DOS. The gentlemen in the DOS wanted twin beds, therefore they got the twins in our cabin and we got their bed. We were on a back to back cruise and discovered this when the first portion was over and the beds had to be switched back. Man that bed from the DOS was sooooo nice.

33 minutes ago, LinnieRed said:

Make sure to avail yourselves of the private Haven Dining. It’s awesome. We love the breakfasts particularly.  Very civilized. And the priority boarding and disembarkation for shore excursions is terrific. 

We've got three nights with no dining planned that we'll likely go to the Haven restaurant now and will definitely enjoy breakfast there to avoid the crowds on port days.

• Like 1

Just now, rtkenmore said:

We've got three nights with no dining planned that we'll likely go to the Haven restaurant now and will definitely enjoy breakfast there to avoid the crowds on port days.

Excellent plan. You’ll love it. We won a Haven bid on our 2nd cruise and now that’s the only way I want to cruise! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LinnieRed said:

Excellent plan. You’ll love it. We won a Haven bid on our 2nd cruise and now that’s the only way I want to cruise! 

I'm afraid I'm going to be hooked!  I honestly thought there was no chance we'd win a bid as only 3 Haven Spa rooms were even available every time I looked.

I'm so excited now and missing out on three cruises due to Covid, this kinda makes up for it.

• Like 1

Haven Spa rooms are something of a hybrid.  They are located on a different deck than the Haven Lounge and most of the other Haven staterooms.  We have traveled in them twice, once on the Breakaway and once on the Getaway.  We had the bed arranged as a Queen, but it looked to us like the same type of bed as you would find in a standard Balcony stateroom.  It might be a tight squeeze to separate it into two Twins, since the spa tub takes up some of the room's available floor space, but I think it may be possible.  It isn't the same type of bed as you find in the regular Haven rooms, which are King size beds and cannot be split into Twins.  Also keep in mind that instead of carpet, your room will have a laminate floor (because of the possibility of water splashing out of the spa tub).  The advice others have shared about dining in the Haven Dining Room is spot on.  You probably will want to spend most of your leisure time on board in the Haven Lounge or on the Haven sun deck.  Don't forget that by being booked in a Haven Spa stateroom you will have access to the Mandara Spa at no additional charge.  Be sure to stop by there a time or two on your voyage to enjoy the steam room, sauna, whirlpool, etc.

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

On the big ships, about 1/2 of the Haven rooms are not in the Haven complex (about 40 inside the Haven complex and 40 outside). The exception is the Joy where there about 40 inside and 60 outside. 

Uh, thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/6/2021 at 4:53 PM, BirdTravels said:

On the big ships, about 1/2 of the Haven rooms are not in the Haven complex (about 40 inside the Haven complex and 40 outside). The exception is the Joy where there about 40 inside and 60 outside. 

So you’re saying the Joy has 100 Haven rooms? How do you know?

For my January sailing, there are still 45+ available. If they’re only half full, maybe that increases my chance for an upgrade! 

19 minutes ago, jumbojem96 said:

So you’re saying the Joy has 100 Haven rooms?

19 minutes ago, jumbojem96 said:

How do you know?

Deck 18 - 22 staterooms

Deck 17 - 28 staterooms

Deck 15 - 16 staterooms

Deck 14 - 32 staterooms

Deck 13 - 4 staterooms

Deck 12 - 4 staterooms

Deck 11 - 4 staterooms

Deck 10 - 4 staterooms

Deck 9 - 4 staterooms

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Deck 18 - 22 staterooms

Deck 17 - 28 staterooms

Deck 15 - 16 staterooms

Deck 14 - 32 staterooms

Deck 13 - 4 staterooms

Deck 12 - 4 staterooms

Deck 11 - 4 staterooms

Deck 10 - 4 staterooms

Deck 9 - 4 staterooms

Thank you for this info!

On 11/5/2021 at 9:47 PM, rtkenmore said:

Won Haven Spa Upgrade (YAY)! Now What?

Ask the forum whether you should tip the butler and concierge, and how much, sit back with a bag of popcorn and enjoy the the pre-cruise entertainment.

P.S. It should be gourmet caramel popcorn if you ask questions about removing the daily service charge and whether it's actually a tip/gratuity.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/6/2021 at 7:32 PM, The Traveling Man said:

Don't forget that by being booked in a Haven Spa stateroom you will have access to the Mandara Spa at no additional charge.  Be sure to stop by there a time or two on your voyage to enjoy the steam room, sauna, whirlpool, etc.

I am confused by this- as people who bid get only the perks from their old room and should not get the added perks of booking Haven direct. Does this mean that bidding also gives you the added perk of the thermal suites? Or by bidding (and not booking) do you not have access to this perk? I'm intrigued by this as the only other point I can think of would be the extra latitude point per night.

21 minutes ago, kirsten1526 said:

I am confused by this- as people who bid get only the perks from their old room and should not get the added perks of booking Haven direct. Does this mean that bidding also gives you the added perk of the thermal suites? Or by bidding (and not booking) do you not have access to this perk? I'm intrigued by this as the only other point I can think of would be the extra latitude point per night.

The spa access is a feature of the room and not one of the perks like the alcohol or dining packages. Yes, you absolutely get full use of the spa in a Haven spa room, regardless of whether you booked direct or upgraded. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, kirsten1526 said:

Only those in the Haven who booked directly to a Haven SPA Suite, upgraded (or won upgrade BID) to a Haven SPA Suite, or paid to add the Spa Passes to their Haven booking, will have the SPA access! 

In each case, they have paid for those passes, even if it was bundled into the suite selection.

25 minutes ago, kirsten1526 said:

If you stay in the Haven, regardless of whether you booked to start or bid to upgrade, you get Haven access and perks.  The only thing you don’t get if you bid is the extra latitude point. 

8 hours ago, Jerzzygirl said:

My mom and I have upgraded to the haven before and we just put a pillow in the middle so neither of us roll to the other side. Lol We have no issues sharing a bed as long as we are in the HAVEN lol 

That’s exactly what we did.  The butler brought extra pillows and we kind of built a pillow fort.  After the first night, the room was always turned down with the pillow fort put in place for us.  It was wonderful. 

Congrats on the upgrade! My husband and I love the Haven Spa rooms. We vastly prefer hanging out in the spa to using the Haven sundeck/pool area, so it's the best fit for us - use of the Haven restaurant & bar, all the other Haven perks and lots & lots of spa time!

• Like 1