Live-ish from the Reflection (11-6-21)

aidanht

Thanks for the live updates.  We leave home Thursday to fly out Friday and board on the 13th for a B2B also in a sky suite so I’m glad to hear the good reviews of Luminae.  It’s getting me more excited for the cruise.   I’m starting to pack today! 

If you get a chance can you also find out who the Captains Club hostess is.  

Edited by coldweathergirl

5 hours ago, aidanht said:

The maitre’d in Luminae is Sam.  He is very hands on, filling water glasses and removing plates as well as directing his staff.  It’s great to see and the service has been outstanding, as has the food. 

Briton and John are the Retreat Concierges.  We haven’t really needed their services and aren’t big Michaels Club people, so we haven’t interacted with them yet.  I will say the Espresso martini in Michaels is quite good.  

Thank you.   I look forward to meeting them in a few weeks. 

To answer a few questions:

• The suites are not sold out, or at least Luminae is nowhere near full.  Slightly more than half full is the most we’ve seen it so far.  
  • I have the upgraded wi-fi. I have not heard anything about the regular wi-fi on the ship but I’ll keep my ears open.
  • I will check on the CC host tomorrow.

We have reservations in Murano tonight, so I’ll let you know how that experience is tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, funship freddy said:

Thanks for your review. Sailing on 12/26 in a Sunset Balcony.

We are on that sailing also! So excited to cruise again. Have you heard/seen anything about the port in Dominican Republic? We are seeing it won't be ready and RC is already canceling stops there through April 2022!

Edited by D2bk

5 hours ago, D2bk said:

We are on that sailing also! So excited to cruise again. Have you heard/seen anything about the port in Dominican Republic? We are seeing it won't be ready and RC is already canceling stops there through April 2022!

Have not heard about this and also on the 12/26 sailing. Not worried either way, i guess - it will be great to be sailing period!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CruisnDeb said:

Are the Daily Planners being left in your stateroom or do you have to go to Guest Services to get one?  I thought I read everything was going digital and they wouldn't leave paper copies each night anymore.

I received them on my July and October sailings, and we sure are seeing plenty of photos of them.

19 hours ago, D2bk said:

My friends were on a Carnival ship that stopped at Peurto Plata last week.

8 minutes ago, paulajj said:

Just FYI, you can bring up all the planners and menus for the current sailing on the celebrity app. You just have to choose the ship. 

Are you saying you can see all sailings?  I only see the sailing that I am currently booked on.  How do I bring up another sailing that I am not booked for?  As soon as I open my app, it brings up my March 2022 booked cruise.

36 minutes ago, CruisnDeb said:

Are you saying you can see all sailings?  I only see the sailing that I am currently booked on.  How do I bring up another sailing that I am not booked for?  As soon as I open my app, it brings up my March 2022 booked cruise.

Yes. Someone posted the instructions a while ago that told  me how. I wish I could remember who it was to credit them. But here it is.

Open the app and go to the far right page that shows your sailing info. 

Hit ‘select a different sailing’

’get more details on ships we support’

’Celebrity reflection’

select date

You should now be able to go back and choose the main dining room and see the menus. As well as the planners and bar menus etc. 

• Like 4