Tabyana Beach ship excursion

macfam5

Just looking for some info. We are cruising with NCL and looking at booking the Tabyana beach excursion through them. Just wondering if the chairs are included as well or is that an additional cost ? Lunch is included with this excursion, how is the food? 
The other option we were considering is going on our own to Infinity bay resort.

There will be a few ships in same day as us. 

5 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Personally, I would book Infinity Bay, Paradise Beach or Bananrama either direct or through Discover Roatan, which will get you transportation.

Same beach area, better less crowded facilities.  Better food choices too.

I was just looking at Infinity Bay. Would you recommend the all inclusive pass there or just the day pass?

11 hours ago, macfam5 said:

I was just looking at Infinity Bay. Would you recommend the all inclusive pass there or just the day pass?

I would go for the day pass.  But I think the pool is only open for the AI , so depends on what you get in the AI package versus what you're looking for in a beach setting.   

• 4 weeks later...

I have looked at this too. NCL charges a fortune even with the $50 off for Tabyana. Only you can decide if $50pp is worth it for all inclusive at Infinity Bay. With either package there you have access to the pool, showers, lockers, loungers, etc. Bananarama may be nice, but from what I have read doesn't include the price of loungers. Once you add that, you are almost at the price of Infinity Bay with their nice pool.

On 11/9/2021 at 12:52 PM, macfam5 said:

Just looking for some info. We are cruising with NCL and looking at booking the Tabyana beach excursion through them. Just wondering if the chairs are included as well or is that an additional cost ? Lunch is included with this excursion, how is the food? 
The other option we were considering is going on our own to Infinity bay resort.

There will be a few ships in same day as us. 

I'm sailing Joy on January 15th and we just booked this excursion for 9 of us.

I usually book privately, and did for Costa Maya, but felt like doing this one through NCL was a decent choice considering the times we're living in now.

When you take off the $50 perk, the price difference is not bad at all.

I have some first time cruisers with me this time so they'll get to see the difference between a cruise sponsored excursion and a private one.

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, grantbob said:

We got the day pass (non-AI) in November had had use of the pool (very non-crowded) and the whole facility. We just bought food and drinks as we wanted them.

Wait, did Tabyana put in a pool or did you go to Infinity.  There seem to be two subjects here with a title is Tabyana.   🙂

45 minutes ago, carbon said:

Are all the beach clubs on the little island off Hondouras?

I am not sure I understand the question. The Bay Islands consist of three. The cruise ships only dock at Roatan.  

There was a time the ships had a stop on the mainland, I don't remember if there were beach club options or not. I would imagine the ship excursion list would give you an idea. As I remember the water off the mainland is fair yucky. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Want to bump this thread up to see if the OP went to this beach.   It is also an excursion listed for our cruise in March.   But also decided to reach out to Infinity but they advised that they provide no umbrellas for the beach which is an issue for us.      

Just hoping to get feedback on anyone's experience at Tabyana 

Thanks 

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

On another thread… in this same Roatan topic…

someone posted that they visited Infinity…..were told that their day pass wrist band allowed them a specific area of the beach.  The OP commented that the location was great & that there were some trees for shade ( they also commented that they felt, that there wouldn’t have been any issues if they moved their chairs/used diff chairs).