“LIVE” from Anthem of the Seas - Nov. 28, 2021

Radio

Thanks Radio for the great commentary and pics ! going on the dec 12th sailing and am chomping at the bit here 🙂   on the breakfast front...since im having breakfast...I heard the scrambled eggs were like soup at the windjammer. can you confirm if there was a station where you can get scrambled eggs done that were a bit more "solid". petty concern I know. That said, its the smaller points that add up. Thanks again good sir !

On 11/26/2021 at 7:57 PM, matt1 said:

This couldn’t be more perfectly timed! Before I left RCI for Princess I used to love reading your Live threads back from the olden days when you and Gambee were the high water mark for standards of excellence. Definitely looking forward to your daily reports! Thank you for being amazing. 

It was so good to see a review by Radio.  I too remember Gambee and his reviews.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TAPNKEGS said:

Thanks Radio for the great commentary and pics ! going on the dec 12th sailing and am chomping at the bit here 🙂   on the breakfast front...since im having breakfast...I heard the scrambled eggs were like soup at the windjammer. can you confirm if there was a station where you can get scrambled eggs done that were a bit more "solid". petty concern I know. That said, its the smaller points that add up. Thanks again good sir !

I cannot confirm that. I had scrambled eggs yesterday and they were nicely prepared. 

Radio

• Like 2

Hello everyone and Good Morning. Welcome to DAY 3 of "LIVE" from Anthem of the Seas. What a difference a day makes . . . I'm not sure who said that first, but it really makes sense today.
Yesterday we were passing through cold temps and 30 kt winds. The forecast for today is bright sun and a high of 70F.  It felt really nice this morning with the sun coming up strong. It is currently only 58F but  the temperature is rising quickly.

We are scheduled to dock today in Port Canaveral at 2PM. Mariner of the Seas is at her homeport of Cruise Terminal 1, so we will be docking at Cruise Terminal 6. CT6 was built for Carnival, and they still use it often . . . however we will be using that terminal today. I like CT1 much better because of the options available to passengers. There are many places to walk to if you want to explore yourself or have a nice lunch as there are several nice restaurants near the terminal.

Today however, there are no places to walk to at CT6. You can use the Cocoa Beach Shuttle ($19pp) or get a taxi, Uber, or Lyft if you don't have an excursion planned. You also have the option of staying on board.

We are scheduled to leave Port Canaveral tonight at 8PM. Here are a few images. More images later from Port Canaveral. Thanks for tuning in.

Radio

Very early this morning in the Solarium

FB_IMG_1638282096899.jpg.636fba079520890c4ba2e480d9c2f4f9.jpg

More early Solarium

FB_IMG_1638282102820.thumb.jpg.dbcd72ac4943ced8ad2032b2514abef4.jpg

It is very warm in the Solarium

FB_IMG_1638282108512.thumb.jpg.21691b00697138e8b505245321660276.jpg

The sun is coming up nicely. . .

FB_IMG_1638282114047.thumb.jpg.82d4b30f832ae7c86c05ea566eb72ec1.jpg

It's feels nice this morning

FB_IMG_1638282125852.thumb.jpg.b70322826d6eaa01d3dcbf85828a07ea.jpg

Views from Deck 15

FB_IMG_1638282133054.thumb.jpg.d8912e28aec370510c9ca069bcec973f.jpg

Blue skies and calm seas

FB_IMG_1638282141057.thumb.jpg.f560247871dcae4d31545365eb741088.jpg

Northstar is ready for passengers

FB_IMG_1638282148229.thumb.jpg.61049c70969ca27576abe2e46c6999ff.jpg

Port Canaveral Terminal Map

FB_IMG_1638282155588.thumb.jpg.d45324c402f4be24db521fca850c8dad.jpg

Port Canaveral Cruise Ship Harbormaster schedule.

FB_IMG_1638282168977.jpg.645069dbb41d33e1eee7fcaf1941644d.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Radio said:

I cannot confirm that. I had scrambled eggs yesterday and they were nicely prepared. 

Radio

I forgot to mention that there are several places where you can get fried eggs, scrambled eggs just out of the shell. . .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TAPNKEGS said:

You can get fresh eggs cooked to order at the omelet station(s)

9 minutes ago, matt1 said:

Your pictures are what inspired me to buy the iPhone 13 Pro Max. But it’s not just the “camera”, it’s the photographer - how they use shadows, color, light, and framing to make a portrait and not just a snapshot. 

Hahaha. . .thanks for the nice comments. Only the best ones get posted. Many end up on the cutting room floor in the "Radio Pressroom"

It has been pointed out that on occasion, a poorly cropped image gats posted. . .

"Oh the Humanity" 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Radio said:

Holiday Decorations are in process now. . . 

Radio

Storefront Christmas Decorations

PXL_20211130_152722318_MP.thumb.jpg.4d8df426d32f4efb9f8ee92be2bdff88.jpg

The crew is providing teamwork.

PXL_20211130_152756699_MP.thumb.jpg.c90e2b089ddcbea3392b32d7bcfc4860.jpg

Neat, you are going to be on for beginning setup and completed setup. Nice !!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, RCCruiser92 said:

Are the Disney/Universal/Sea World shuttle shore excursions still available from Port Canaveral in the post-COVID world? 

Welcome to CC.

It may vary by ship and even itinerary, but Anthem has some listed for March. You can ask in the Roll Call for the specific sailing you are interested in.

Edited by Biker19

18 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Welcome to CC.

It may vary by ship and even itinerary, but Anthem has some listed for March. You can ask in the Roll Call for the specific sailing you are interested in.

Thank you!  Sorry, should have been more clear - I'm looking at this same Anthem itinerary but the 2/27/22 sail date.  We're repeat cruisers, but it will be my one year old daughter's first, so hoping to sneak a quick Disney day trip in as well via shore excursion if possible (also a Disney fanatic but can't get the husband to bite on a full Disney trip quite yet, so figured the few hours we'd get there while in port could be a good little intro to Disney for her too!).

56 minutes ago, RCCruiser92 said:

Are the Disney/Universal/Sea World shuttle shore excursions still available from Port Canaveral in the post-COVID world?  Looking to book for February but wanted to check on shore excursion availability first!

Not only COVID, but note that Anthem's port hours are only 2:00pm to 8:00pm (with all aboard @ 7:30). Not sure if a trip to Orlando, an hour's drive each way, is practical.

3 minutes ago, cyntil8ing said:

Not only COVID, but note that Anthem's port hours are only 2:00pm to 8:00pm (with all aboard @ 7:30). Not sure if a trip to Orlando, an hour's drive each way, is practical.

The RC website says port hours for Orlando on that sailing are noon-9pm.  Is that not true, are they closer to 2pm-8pm in reality?

2 minutes ago, RCCruiser92 said:

The RC website says port hours for Orlando on that sailing are noon-9pm.  Is that not true, are they closer to 2pm-8pm in reality?

The departure time for Anthem has been moved back by two hours (probably due to COVID protocols), leading to less time at its first stop in Florida - that change, may happen on future sailings but not yet reflected in the official itinerary or it may not happen.

3 minutes ago, RCCruiser92 said:

It can vary, but can change. When I booked our Christmas cruise, we were supposed to depart Sunday @ 3:00pm and arrive at Port Canaveral Tuesday @ 1:00pm. Sometime last month,  the departure was changed to 5:00pm, and Port Canaveral arrival to 2:00pm.