Meraviglia

kidless

6 hours ago, kidless said:

It's been total cluster No one seemed to know what they were doing very chaotic. I did get a kick the concierge came around said no shorts in the yacht club dining room for dinner!

It seems many missed that announcement.  Many shorts at dinner last week. Very surprised nothing was said.

Please Say “hi” to Eric and Vishnu (concierges) for me, please.  . ( “mrs Patricia”) .

I blew out my knee last night and they made sure I got a wheelchair for disembarking today. They are so kind.

Have a great evening and enjoy your cruise.
Bryan up on pool deck is also fabulous, very willing to get what you need. His co worker Vicente is also great. 

Edited by phissy
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, phissy said:

It seems many missed that announcement.  Many shorts at dinner last week. Very surprised nothing was said.

Please Say “hi” to Eric and Vishnu (concierges) for me, please.  . ( “mrs Patricia”) .

I blew out my knee last night and they made sure I got a wheelchair for disembarking today. They are so kind.

Bryan up on pool deck is also fabulous, very willing to get what you need. His co worker Vicente is also great. 

Oh no I’m so sorry to hear about your knee. I hope you feel better soon!

3 hours ago, styles27 said:

Oh no I’m so sorry to hear about your knee. I hope you feel better soon!

Thanks so much for your kind thoughts .

Fortunately, I always carry a “medical” bag with me when we travel. 
It has usual OTC meds, plus Z-pac, Tamaflu and asst. first aid stuff.

Most importantly, two ace bandages , 2 ankle and 3 knee braces. 
Came in handy this trip for sure.

At hotel , getting ready for the 6 hour flight home tomorrow. I did not want to try and fly on Sunday, after Thanksgiving.

Knee already feeling better…twisted it when I stood up funny and put weight on it. ( too much mogul skiing as a teenager )

1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

I didn't know that Vishnu was currently on Meraviglia. Hopefully, he'll still be there when I board in a couple of months. 

Can I assume this Vishnu is not the one who was a butler on Seaside a few years ago?  I would think concierge desk would not be a promotion.

1 hour ago, JAGR said:

Can I assume this Vishnu is not the one who was a butler on Seaside a few years ago?  I would think concierge desk would not be a promotion.

I don't know how MSC does it but on NCL, the concierge is above the butlers. Although, I have found NCL's concierges to be more effective than MSC's concierges as far as getting things done. 

As for Vishnu, whichever position is better is the one that he should have. He was better than any butler that I have ever had on NCL. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

I don't know how MSC does it but on NCL, the concierge is above the butlers. Although, I have found NCL's concierges to be more effective than MSC's concierges as far as getting things done. 

As for Vishnu, whichever position is better is the one that he should have. He was better than any butler that I have ever had on NCL. 

I don't know their hierarchy myself, but I thought one of the desk concierge's telling me that only the head concierge was really an elevated position.  Vishnu definitely deserves the position that gives him the best chance to move up, be it head butler, or (hopefully) YC Director.

19 hours ago, phissy said:

Thanks so much for your kind thoughts .

Fortunately, I always carry a “medical” bag with me when we travel. 
It has usual OTC meds, plus Z-pac, Tamaflu and asst. first aid stuff.

Most importantly, two ace bandages , 2 ankle and 3 knee braces. 
Came in handy this trip for sure.

At hotel , getting ready for the 6 hour flight home tomorrow. I did not want to try and fly on Sunday, after Thanksgiving.

Knee already feeling better…twisted it when I stood up funny and put weight on it. ( too much mogul skiing as a teenager )

It doesn’t take much unfortunately. I’m glad to hear it’s feeling better. Safe travels today!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2021 at 6:37 PM, phissy said:

Sadly didn't see this message till I returned. Vishnu & Eric were fabulous! I actually interacted with them far more then my butler! I ended up staying on for the four day cruise following our 7 day. DH left so I was solo and they were good at helping me especially with all my technical issues! They are all wonderful in Yacht Club I love Gracie & Justin in Topsail! 

I did not see any shorts in dining room on either cruise. MSC is going to go to just smart casual (no shorts) and doing away with formal nights. 

Hope your knee is better! I go on Meraviglia again in January. 

Oh wow, sounds like you had a great cruise. So glad you were able to stay on for the next cruise. 
we were really impressed with YC Meraviglia staff, they all went the extra mile.

my knee is doing well now, thanks for asking.

I have been Busy putting up Christmas lights and decorations. It seems to take longer each year 🙄

I am jealous of all of you cruising in January. What a great way to continue the holiday spirit.

Happy holidays to you and your family Christmas 🎄 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2021 at 12:17 PM, Two Wheels Only said:

I didn't know that Vishnu was currently on Meraviglia. Hopefully, he'll still be there when I board in a couple of months. 

He was our butler on Seaside back on our last MSC cruise in 2019. Loved him!