Tipping in Great Stirrup Cay Silver Cove villas?

big al

Hi all..I was wondering if you tip the staff in a Silver Cove  Ocean Villa cabana in GSC? I have upgraded from a Premier Cabana to a Silver Cove Ocean Villa for the 1st time...not sure how much $$ to leave, if anything...thanks! 😎

Big Al

Edited by big al
forgot word

1 hour ago, big al said:

Hi all..I was wondering if you tip the staff in a Silver Cove  Ocean Villa cabana in GSC? I have upgraded from a Premier Cabana to a Silver Cove Ocean Villa for the 1st time...not sure how much $$ to leave, if anything...thanks! 😎

Big Al

I stayed in a cabana on GSC 2 years ago and I tipped there and I assume the level of service has to be better in the Villa's. The service in the cabana was good, but nothing special.

There was 5 of us. 4 adults and 1 teen and I tipped $50

Tipping here is no different than at any other time.

Base your tip on the service you receive in line with what your financial means (budget) allows.

Your tip should never be based on what others tip. You won't have the same expectations as they do, you may have different means than they do, the value may be different from theirs.

Give a tip commensurate with the service received, not based on what others do or have done.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, big al said:

I should mention that it will be just be myself & my wife..I have a credit from a cancelled cruise last year & have to use it for something, so I thought a cabana would be nice...thanks for your replies...

I did the same thing with my sister. I had credit to use and we got a lagoon villa for our GSC day. I was also wondering how much to tip. 

We had a cabana 2 years ago and had an excellent server.  He was there every 15 minutes or so.  We ordered a lot of drinks from him and he would bring us more before we even asked, he even brought us snacks.  When my wife and friend were using the floats in the water he even brought them drinks right into the water.  He went above and beyond and made the day special for the 4 of us.  We tipped him $150 which is $100 more than we had planned on, he was that good.  

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, skeeter195 said:

We had a cabana 2 years ago and had an excellent server.  He was there every 15 minutes or so.  We ordered a lot of drinks from him and he would bring us more before we even asked, he even brought us snacks.  When my wife and friend were using the floats in the water he even brought them drinks right into the water.  He went above and beyond and made the day special for the 4 of us.  We tipped him $150 which is $100 more than we had planned on, he was that good.  

Thanks. That’s really helpful. I bet he appreciated it a lot. 

• Like 1

We were in a cabana on Royal’s private island twice in the last few years.  Like most I base it on the amount of service that we were given.  The first time, we had no service, so no tipping other than a thank you.  This last time in September our cabana attendant was very attentive (and bored! She only had two cabanas so she was quite attentive!) There were two of us, and we really didn’t want anything other than lunch so we tipped her $30. In April my husband & I will be on NCL and have an Ocean Villa booked.  We’ll will plan to tip $30-$50 depending on the service.  I am truly looking forward to a/c and a private bathroom!  In the basic cabana in September I sweat tons, had to hydrate, and got quite sunburned from all the trekking to the restroom! 😆😆😆

Edited by cooncat_mom
Spelling….
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, big al said:

Big Al

As for all tipping the only correct answer is to tip whoever you want, whatever amount you want, any time you want.  What others tip does not play into the equation.

• Like 3

On 12/3/2021 at 11:07 AM, MoCruiseFan said:

As for all tipping the only correct answer is to tip whoever you want, whatever amount you want, any time you want.  What others tip does not play into the equation.

I know that's always the answer and many people probably tip nothing.  Same as in the specialty restaurants, bartenders, room steward, etc.  But it isn't like a land-based restaurant, or hairdresser, or whatever where you kind of know how much you "should" tip.  Sometimes it's nice to have a broad idea, knowing you can go in one direction or the other from there based on service. 

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, phillygwm said:

I know that's always the answer and many people probably tip nothing.  Same as in the specialty restaurants, bartenders, room steward, etc.  But it isn't like a land-based restaurant, or hairdresser, or whatever where you kind of know how much you "should" tip.  Sometimes it's nice to have a broad idea, knowing you can go in one direction or the other from there based on service. 

There is no amount that you "should" tip ever.  What anyone else tips is of no relevance at all.  No matter how much you tip it will be appreciated.

25 minutes ago, DREAMGIRL2012 said:

We have the 2 bedroom lagoon villa booked. I am budgeting a $200 tip for excellent service. Possibly more if we feel it is exceptional. 

Please report back with your experience in the villa. It says online complementary food at the Silver Cove buffet OR in your villa if you choose. It only states that for the 1 and 2 bedroom villas so I'm curious if they will actually bring the food to you. 

• Like 1

On 12/5/2021 at 8:31 AM, MoCruiseFan said:

There is no amount that you "should" tip ever.  What anyone else tips is of no relevance at all.  No matter how much you tip it will be appreciated.

Clearly, the people asking the question think it's relevant.

• Like 1