Royal updated pre cruise testing for UNVACCINATED CHILDREN

JuliaMS

3 hours ago, jerseygirl3 said:

I would  have preferred that they required 5-12 to be fully vaxed to cruise.  

That would just make things too easy now wouldn't it🙄 Instead we have to have all different set's of rules and then to further complicate....send out weekly if not daily updates along with retraction e-mails that you have to keep up with on an almost daily basis🤕

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

So our under 5 can get tested on Thursday before we leave (fly on Friday) to cruise on Sunday...but age 8 and adults no earlier than Friday? I wish we could all get tested on Thursday...that would make it so much easier.

The under 5 has to have a PCR test, so that extra day can be important, but you can wait until Friday for the under 5 if you are sure you can get the results back.

Edited by MrMarc

The timing of this is really going to screw up the holiday cruises - specifically those leaving on December 26th.  All of the pharmacies are closed (or not on business days) on the 24th and 25th and they don't consider Sunday a business day.  They're saying on other boards that after calling CVS/Walgreens they've been told that there is no way that they will be able to turn around PCR tests in time for a 26th sail date.

It's a big problem.  

Edited by Rosy Season

If you’re in Miami for a sailing, the testing center at Tropical Park is open 24/7 and usually turns a PCR test around in about 12 hours. There is also one at AD Barnes park that has a turnaround time of 4 hours. None of these are guaranteed of course but if you’re very nervous, it’s doable. 

I also found this which seems to have rapid PCR at the airport and port. Might try giving them a call: https://miamicovid-19testing.com/miami-port/

8 minutes ago, mia081081 said:

If you’re in Miami for a sailing, the testing center at Tropical Park is open 24/7 and usually turns a PCR test around in about 12 hours. There is also one at AD Barnes park that has a turnaround time of 4 hours. None of these are guaranteed of course but if you’re very nervous, it’s doable. 

I also found this which seems to have rapid PCR at the airport and port. Might try giving them a call: https://miamicovid-19testing.com/miami-port/

My kid is fully vaxxed thankfully. Good option for Miami cruises.  I'll bet it's expensive!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrMarc said:

The under 5 has to have a PCR test, so that extra day can be important, but you can wait until Friday for the under 5 if you are sure you can get the results back.

Nope, we won't take the chance and it'll be easier for us to have his done on Thursday.

11 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Nope, we won't take the chance and it'll be easier for us to have his done on Thursday.

If it matters, that's what I would do too.  I was about to recommend the at home test, but that won't work for your older child.  Mine are 23 and 25, so I've forgotten how having kids made vacations more complicated even before COVID.  Try not to stress too much and have a great time.

3 hours ago, MrMarc said:

If it matters, that's what I would do too.  I was about to recommend the at home test, but that won't work for your older child.  Mine are 23 and 25, so I've forgotten how having kids made vacations more complicated even before COVID.  Try not to stress too much and have a great time.

When I say "kids" I'm referring to our grandkids. Our now adult kids all (over 38) we started them cruising when they were young teens but started the five grandkids at 2....and they are pretty seasoned cruisers now.

Thanks so much...regardless of managing all this covid stuff...we will have a great time. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ashland said:

When I say "kids" I'm referring to our grandkids. Our now adult kids all (over 38) we started them cruising when they were young teens but started the five grandkids at 2....and they are pretty seasoned cruisers now.

Thanks so much...regardless of managing all this covid stuff...we will have a great time. 

I get most of my exercise by jumping to wrong conclusions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mia081081 said:

Same! We are so relieved as we sail on Dec 26th!

Yep!  I knew this was coming so we got her first one asap and then got the second one two days ago.  It's only a matter of time before it's going to be a requirement for 5+

6 hours ago, Rosy Season said:

The timing of this is really going to screw up the holiday cruises - specifically those leaving on December 26th.  All of the pharmacies are closed (or not on business days) on the 24th and 25th and they don't consider Sunday a business day.  They're saying on other boards that after calling CVS/Walgreens they've been told that there is no way that they will be able to turn around PCR tests in time for a 26th sail date.

It's a big problem.  

Its expensive, but most airports do PCR tests with very quick results, not the 48 hours via pharmacies 

23 hours ago, jerseygirl3 said:

I would  have preferred that they required 5-12 to be fully vaxed to cruise.  

How does this make any sense? Did you bother to listen on the FDA panel approval process for children? It's on youtube (about 4h long). Pfizer did not provide enough data, but was approved anyway because of data on young adults. And is the reson vaccinations aren't required for children 2-11 anywhere in the US.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coldflame said:

How does this make any sense? Did you bother to listen on the FDA panel approval process for children? It's on youtube (about 4h long). Pfizer did not provide enough data, but was approved anyway because of data on young adults. And is the reson vaccinations aren't required for children 2-11 anywhere in the US.

This is not a discussion about whether you or anyone agrees with the vaccines for 5-11 year old.  Fact is:  it has been approved.  End of story.   Cruise lines will require it eventually for this age group.  You don't have to agree and you have every right to not cruise if you don't like it.

1 minute ago, Rosy Season said:

You don't have to agree and you have every right to not cruise if you don't like it.

Unless you've already paid before that change is announced then you have to forcefully cruise within 12 months (with FCC) or forfeit your money.

Unless you've already paid before that change is announced then you have to forcefully cruise within 12 months (with FCC) or forfeit your money.

I'm sure RCCL legal department put all of that in the terms and conditions that you agreed to when you purchased.  Not to mention, you purchased a cruise during a global pandemic with ever changing rules and regulations.  And you expected a static environment? lol.

1 minute ago, Rosy Season said:

I'm sure RCCL legal department put all of that in the terms and conditions that you agreed to when you purchased.  Not to mention, you purchased a cruise during a global pandemic with ever changing rules and regulations.  And you expected a static environment? lol.

Royal apologists never cease to amaze me. Your flippant reply is telling.

• Like 1

Royal apologists never cease to amaze me. Your flippant reply is telling.

I'm not a Royal apologist.  I just have no more tolerance for people spewing nonsense about vaccines.  Don't like the rules, don't go. Most of us are done dealing with the ridiculousness. 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, coldflame said:

Vaccines aren’t required for anyone in the US…….

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, coldflame said:

No, disagreement with, or the inability to comply with Covid restrictions allows for a 100% refund- no questions asked. 

• Like 1