What is an appetizer at La Cucina?

PartyLikeIts1990

On 12/7/2021 at 3:57 AM, FLcruisergrl said:

Yes, you can get pasta as an appetizer. You can actually get an appetizer, a pasta, an entree, and a dessert.

While the dining package allows as many appetizers / salads / pastas as you want, the terms of the Platinum voucher are a bit more restrictive.  They specify "one appetizer, one main course, and one dessert."  That being said, however, I've found that most of the times that I have used a Platinum coupon in La Cucina, they have not charged extra when I ordered a four-course meal with an antipasti, primi, secondi, and dolce.  Multi-course meals are the norm in Italy, so the staff in La Cucina tends to be more accepting.

Edited by The Traveling Man

Have to say, we did La Cucina on the Pearl in 17, Breakaway in 18, and Getaway in 19 and loved it. Did it on the Breakaway this past week and the quality didn't seem anywhere near what it was. Things tasted more bland than in the past, and the tiramisu was pretty dry compared to last few times and no where near as tasty. 

Hopefully it's just not back to what it was pre-covid and quality will improve. 

On 12/7/2021 at 5:57 AM, FLcruisergrl said:

Yes, you can get pasta as an appetizer. You can actually get an appetizer, a pasta, an entree, and a dessert.

No, I don’t think so. It has to 3 courses not 4 for the Platinum voucher. 

Edited by bluesea777

23 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

No, I don’t think so. It has to 3 courses not 4 for the Platinum voucher. 

The Platinum coupon specifies just three courses, one appetizer plus one main and one dessert, but sometimes the waitstaff will allow you an extra appetizer, salad, or pasta.  It's not a sure thing, but it happens sometimes.

8 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

What is an appetizer at La Cucina?:

Same as it is anywhere else - a small portion of a food or drink served before or at the beginning of a meal to stimulate the desire to eat.

A hospital?  What is it?

It's a big building with patients, but that's not important right now.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, chillyw said:

A hospital?  What is it?

It's a big building with patients, but that's not important right now.

Not sure what that has to do with the price of tea in China but I answered the EXACT question asked.

Edited by MoCruiseFan

By the way, on the Breakaway we couldn’t get a pizza as an appetizer, those were considered entrees. 

Overall, we did like the meal there, while not mind blowing, it was very solid, a good Italian food dinner. We’ll go again on our next trip on the Joy for sure. 

5 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

Not sure what that has to do with the price of tea in China but I answered the EXACT question asked.

Surely, you can't be serious! 😒

I thought about answering this post with almost your exact answer when I first opened this thread, specifically as an homage to the great movie Airplane!  I thought that's what you were doing too.

Alas, it turns out that wasn't what you were intending. 

• Haha 1