What days are Wash And Fold laundry offered?

pa6860

Hello!  Going on a 7d cruise next week and trying to figure out our packing plan.

We’re diamond, and plan on using the $10 off the wash and fold stuff-the-bag option.  

Is the wash and fold offered on ANY day, or just on a specific day?  Do we just ask or stateroom attendant for the bag to stuff our laundry into?  How long does it usually take to get our laundry back?

thanks!

Edited by pa6860

• pa6860 changed the title to What days are Wash And Fold laundry offered?

It is usually offered on a specific day mid itinerary. However just ask your cabin steward for a wash-n-fold bag if you need it done on another day. Also remember it's one bag per member not per cabin.

It usually takes a day or day and a half to get it back. 

3 hours ago, Ashland said:

It is usually offered on a specific day mid itinerary. However just ask your cabin steward for a wash-n-fold bag if you need it done on another day. Also remember it's one bag per member not per cabin.

It usually takes a day or day and a half to get it back. 

Always Solo here but doing only 10+ niters and B4B I like to play game how much I can get in one those bags, you'd be surprised whats possible. One small plastic bag turned in, 2 full Paper Laundry Bags come back.

• Haha 4

Caution - information here may be ship specific.  On Anthem recently I put in the Wash/Fold bag on the specific day.  Put in another bag a few days later for DH.  We got charged for DH’s bag but could use the $10 off perk.  Talked to guest services to ask why.  Said they were going to contact home office to let them know Anthem is doing the laundry perk the correct way (can only use on one specific day) and basically wanted others ships to stop being so lenient - causing trouble for them.  Katherine 

Edited by Lady Hudson
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lady Hudson said:

Caution - information here may be ship specific.  On Anthem recently I put in the Wash/Fold bag on the specific day.  Put in another bag a few days later for DH.  We got charged for DH’s bag but could use the $10 off perk.  Talked to guest services to ask why.  Said they were going to contact home office to let them know Anthem is doing the laundry perk the correct way (can only use on one specific day) and basically wanted others ships to stop being so lenient - causing trouble for them.  Katherine 

Making "trouble" for them....What a ridiculous statement this was for them to say. Seems like it would be a bit more efficient for the ships laundry to let C&A members to do this on a day of their choice....instead of everyone doing it on "one" day.

• Like 2

It seemed to me Anthem wants to do the bag laundry on one specific day and was annoyed that others ships allowed more options.  Besides, providing bags for laundry on day 3 of a 7 day cruise is ridiculous.  We certainly can’t fill even those 2 little bags by day 3.  Deletes the benefit of the second bag.

Just an observation.  I would guess about 99% of Anthem’s staff has changed since she was last in Bayonne.  Things were “different” — some certainly due to Covid protocols but some may have been due to new ship culture.  

We still had a great time and we’re glad to be cruising again.  Katherine 

Thanks for the info everyone.  Looks like it’s only on a specific day, which should work for us. 

If necessary, I’ll just ask our stateroom attendant if we can do it earlier (family of 5, we’ll be able to fill up that bag pretty early on in the cruise!)

13 hours ago, Lady Hudson said:

It seemed to me Anthem wants to do the bag laundry on one specific day and was annoyed that others ships allowed more options.  Besides, providing bags for laundry on day 3 of a 7 day cruise is ridiculous.  We certainly can’t fill even those 2 little bags by day 3.  Deletes the benefit of the second bag.

Just an observation.  I would guess about 99% of Anthem’s staff has changed since she was last in Bayonne.  Things were “different” — some certainly due to Covid protocols but some may have been due to new ship culture.  

We still had a great time and we’re glad to be cruising again.  Katherine 

Well, that stinks. I doubt if they will actually write to corporate. It sounds like they are just being pissy. Another CC member mentioned that it was sort of an unhappy ship on their recent sailing. :classic_smile:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Coralc said:

Well, that stinks. I doubt if they will actually write to corporate. It sounds like they are just being pissy. Another CC member mentioned that it was sort of an unhappy ship on their recent sailing. :classic_smile:

There's always a "pissy" one in every group :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Coralc said:

I might add that it would be worth mentioning their attitude on your Guest Survey if this happens to someone else. DW and I got off the Barcelona-Port Canaveral TA on Harmony last month and I just told the SA when I was ready and he gave me a bag; no questions asked. I sent it and no charges appeared on our SeaPass account (we’re D+). Seems like Anthem might be the problem and not the rest of the fleet. 

Edited by WeighAnchor
  • Like 1

Just got off harmony.  Bag was paper and we were able to send any day .  (We had a discount  offer so perhaps that made a difference) 

We first  had  a  4 night Mariner and had one day on Cocoa Beach immediately before boarding Harmony so we had several days of clothes that needed washing.  The first full cruise day (Monday )  we sent a full bag of Wash and Fold  laundry.  Came back in ONE day and was the best looking ever!   Sent the second bag on Friday and it was returned on Saturday ( Cruise was Sunday-Sunday) 

Liked the plastic bag better,  but had paper bags both times.  

M

From the RCI website: "We also run wash and fold specials during the voyage. This is an additional service offered beyond our regular laundry service. Guests can now send smaller clothing items to be washed and folded for the fixed amount of $34.99 per bag. Fit as much as you can into the bag provided for you and we'll take care of the rest. Please ask your stateroom attendant for more information. Availability may vary."

With a 16 nt B2B on the Mariner coming up, we will certainly inquire about all the details. Hopefully, a special discount offer will be in the mix. Happy Sailing, everyone.

6 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Just got off harmony.  Bag was paper and we were able to send any day .  (We had a discount  offer so perhaps that made a difference) 

We first  had  a  4 night Mariner and had one day on Cocoa Beach immediately before boarding Harmony so we had several days of clothes that needed washing.  The first full cruise day (Monday )  we sent a full bag of Wash and Fold  laundry.  Came back in ONE day and was the best looking ever!   Sent the second bag on Friday and it was returned on Saturday ( Cruise was Sunday-Sunday) 

Liked the plastic bag better,  but had paper bags both times.  

M

Paper bag...oh my.....The plastic bags work better and easier to tie close. Clean clothes usually come back in the paper ones. Hoping this was just an off situation because of supply.

1 hour ago, VegasVic14 said:

One more question about laundry service:  Do the individual items need to be marked in any way for secure return?

no, when they open the bag each item will be tagged with a stick on cabin number label. I forget to take them off and years later I'm wondering what's scratching my neck or waist and when I look its the label from some cruise a long time ago

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Ashland said:

Paper bag...oh my.....The plastic bags work better and easier to tie close. Clean clothes usually come back in the paper ones. Hoping this was just an off situation because of supply.

right - The plastic bags are way better.  They gave us the same paper laundry bag that hangs in the closet.   Clothes come back in paper as well. 

M