Grand Turk reopen

matymil

I already checked the GT section of the boards and googled the internet and i still cannot find any new info on Grand Turk reopening. Since its a Carnival owned port and some people reading this probably have a cruise scheduled there soon, figured I'd take a shot in here. All i can find on the cruise port site says that they plan on opening this month. There have been no updates in a very long time. Maybe i missed John Heald making an announcement about it?

You must really be digging to find info like this. I'm still waiting to find out if we're on Liberty or Sunshine after our move from Horizon for 12/26. It's a 5 day to Grand Turk and Amber Cove. Hope GT is open by late Dec., would rather not have to deal with changing ships and an itinerary change, too.

• Like 1

I don’t have an exact answer to your question, but our cruise on the Sunrise was supposed to stop in Grand Turk on December 21 and we received word on Friday that our itinerary has changed and we are going to Bimini instead.  There was no further explanation, but I assume this means Grand Turk is still closed to cruises for the next 1-2 weeks.  We don’t care where our cruise goes at this point- just hoping to test negative and get on the ship!

9 hours ago, runnerinn said:

I don’t have an exact answer to your question, but our cruise on the Sunrise was supposed to stop in Grand Turk on December 21 and we received word on Friday that our itinerary has changed and we are going to Bimini instead.  There was no further explanation, but I assume this means Grand Turk is still closed to cruises for the next 1-2 weeks.  We don’t care where our cruise goes at this point- just hoping to test negative and get on the ship!

Good to know. We're supposed to visit Grand Turk the following week. A beach day at Bimini will work for us, same as a beach day at Grand Turk.

We met a couple on the Magic that we just got off of today who said that carnival has been checking all the ports and GT dock wasn’t up to par for carnival and it wouldn’t be used until it was… if this is true you know they are jumping through hoops to get it fixed and awesome that carnival looks out for everyone like that!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

Nieuw Amsterdam is set to arrive tomorrow morning in Grand Turk according to the port calendar. 

266114394_4610275299065344_3022561877336048423_n.jpg

Well, I guess we can check the various ship-mapping sites later today and see if she made port.  

Really hoping they reopen; I know the folks at Jack's Shack (and many other places) are awaiting it anxiously.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pellaz said:

Well, I guess we can check the various ship-mapping sites later today and see if she made port.  

Really hoping they reopen; I know the folks at Jack's Shack (and many other places) are awaiting it anxiously.  

Yea, we'll have to watch. I know John and Janet were heading back there to anxiously reopen Jack's, so we'll see. 

2 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

Yea, we'll have to watch. I know John and Janet were heading back there to anxiously reopen Jack's, so we'll see. 

Looks like they made it in to GT!  Folks posting pictures on social media.  Very excited as we are going there on the Sunrise next week.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, mondello said:

Good to know. We're supposed to visit Grand Turk the following week. A beach day at Bimini will work for us, same as a beach day at Grand Turk.

Last week, we got Nassau instead of Bimini on the Mardi Gras.

Edited by Computer Nerd

14 minutes ago, mondello said:

That would work. SaintGreg posted about John Watling's Distillery which piqued my interest enough to want to visit in Nassau.

I recommend John Watling's Distillery!  I went there in October when we were in Nassau on a Sunday.

• Thanks 1