Just got our notification about Grand Cayman Replacement

my kids mama

We visited Costa Maya and loved Krazy Lobster.  Had rented gold carts and went down away and were allured into La Capitana .  Big mistake .  They gave us one price which we agreed on and when we asked for the bill it was double.  Beware and stay away from.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, my kids mama said:

Your pictures are making me so excited! Maybe when we go back in January, we will go there. That sounds like a great day to me. 

Just keep in mind that the place where the taxi lets you off looks kinda sketchy.  I'm there with my 83 year old mom thinking "where is this place?" when a waiter walks up and says "here for Krazy Lobster?" and walked us to a great shady table. Gabriel our waiter greeted us and took great care of us.  We were there for 4 hours and never felt rushed.  The owner, Mauricio walked us to the waiting taxis and we got back to the port easily.  So relaxing!!

• Like 1

We have a cruise January 8, 2022, on the Vista out of Galveston. Grand Cayman is one of the ports. So far we have not been notified of any change in itinerary. Communications from Carnival seem to be random. Maybe our name will be picked out of the barrel tomorrow! 

1 hour ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

You're probably confused with Grand Turk. 

34 minutes ago, nlktx49 said:

We have a cruise January 8, 2022, on the Vista out of Galveston. Grand Cayman is one of the ports. So far we have not been notified of any change in itinerary. Communications from Carnival seem to be random. Maybe our name will be picked out of the barrel tomorrow! 

No, I have been to Grand Turk a few times now.  I just have no recollection of Grand Cayman being a tender port. Must have been a quick ride. 

20 hours ago, nlktx49 said:

Also on the Vista but departing Jan 22. Have not heard anything either and GC excursions are still showing up in our planner.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/15/2021 at 11:03 AM, my kids mama said:

Your pictures are making me so excited! Maybe when we go back in January, we will go there. That sounds like a great day to me. 

We have been to Krazy Lobster 8 times and will do it every time we are in CM. LOVE those massages !!    Mauricio keeps things clean and moving along. If you go...please tell him Jay from Florida sent you. I wear his shirt on the ship as his walking billboard getting people to skip the port area and support the locals. Have fun.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2021 at 6:39 AM, Pyrate13 said:

We had a great time at Maya Chan. Excellent service.

I thought Maya Chan was amazing.  Not fancy, but they made everyone that was there feel more like part of the family than paying guests, but they didn't ask us to do the dishes.

• Haha 1