Just returned from Enchanted Princess. Ask any questions

Raymok

22 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Is the Vista lounge considered a lounge with a bar or treated like the main show lounge? (sip and cover)

It's probably a hybrid as most nights there was a different band and one night they had a movie. But the times we were there most people removed the masks after they sat down

• Like 1

On 12/26/2021 at 12:24 PM, Sweet Dreams said:

We were on the Sky week of Thanksgiving and even though on menu Miller Lite was not available at ANY bar. Do you know if available on the Enchanted? Thank you 

Sorry I didn't notice as I drink Coors LIght however, they did run out of Crown Royal by the 5th night at all the bars except Vista

22 hours ago, big al said:

What about in the Princess theater - can you bring drinks in, and sip them w/o masks, or is the sip & cover enforced? Thanks for all your tips!!

Big Al

You can bring drinks into Princess theater, but the seats do not have cup holders or pull out tables so you have to hold your glass the entire time sip & cover wasn't enforced but they did ask over the intercom that you sip and cover  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Raymok said:

Sorry I didn't notice as I drink Coors LIght however, they did run out of Crown Royal by the 5th night at all the bars except Vista

Our experience cruising in November and December is that supply issues are definitely hitting the cruise lines. This was both Celebrity and Royal. Another thing those of us choosing to cruise need to be flexible about right now. 

54 minutes ago, Raymok said:

It's probably a hybrid as most nights there was a different band and one night they had a movie. But the times we were there most people removed the masks after they sat down

Good to here. 

Can you provide some insight into Formal Night, which I believe had been renamed?  Are people still dressing formal?  Would my husband be wise to bring a suit/jacket?  I have some dresses I bought for what was to be 60 days on Princess in March/April 2020. I was hoping to get use of them on our upcoming cruise as formal nights have really disappeared from most cruise lines. 

Just now, lhsail said:

Can you provide some insight into Formal Night, which I believe had been renamed?  Are people still dressing formal?  Would my husband be wise to bring a suit/jacket?  I have some dresses I bought for what was to be 60 days on Princess in March/April 2020. I was hoping to get use of them on our upcoming cruise as formal nights have really disappeared from most cruise lines. 

You'll be happy to see most people will dress up for formal nights but it's not enforced the way it was 20 years ago. The guys can get by with dress pants  & a dress shirt while the women can get by with practically anything & call it formal.

Don't let that keep you from dressing a formal as you like. They'll be plenty of people doing the same. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lhsail said:

It's really a mixture we dressed up the second formal night (Tux and gown) but we saw many other men in suits or just sport jackets. Since it's Princess we did experience more passengers wearing formal wear. We were on the Carnival Mardi Gras in September and as expected with Carnival we saw very few passengers wearing formal wear (we did not either). 

DSC03176.JPG

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Raymok said:

It's really a mixture we dressed up the second formal night (Tux and gown) but we saw many other men in suits or just sport jackets. Since it's Princess we did experience more passengers wearing formal wear. We were on the Carnival Mardi Gras in September and as expected with Carnival we saw very few passengers wearing formal wear (we did not either). 

DSC03176.JPG

You look great!  There were several people dressed up on our recent Oasis of the Seas cruise. But, I think that had a lot to do with it being the week before Christmas and many were getting formal pictures taken for the holidays. 

• Like 1

On 12/29/2021 at 10:43 AM, Upper Bob said:

We were in an aft penthouse suite on the Dec 10 sailing and there were a couple of days where the the soot/ash was noticeable on the railing and decking. Our balcony (Baja deck) had a larger overhang so it really did not get on our deck furniture too much. There were a couple of days where the room stewards were doing a thorough cleaning of the aft balconies. There were several days where it was very windy at sea, with gusts of 30-40 knots at times, and I think that helped to push the soot down onto the aft balconies. Definitely not a deal breaker if we were ever upgraded again to one of the these suites.

This is great, thank you for the detailed response!  I am going to stop worrying about the soot.  

3 hours ago, lhsail said:

What were the Covid protocols in the fitness center?  I work out almost every day. Don’t really want to mask up on the treadmill. Hoping they block out machines to make social distance instead. 

We did not use the fitness center so I'll let someone else answer that one

3 hours ago, minnesotasisu said:

Can you give us an idea of what type of entertainment is being offered in the Princess Theater? With the reduced capacity are there one or two shows each night?

We were recently on for 20 days.  During that time they have two Production Shows (Rock Opera and Sky5) and they were repeated on each 10 day cruise.   We really enjoyed Rock Opera as the entire group of singers (4 regulars plus an excellent Guest Tenor) were quite good.  The other show was not anything we wanted to see a 2nd time.  On other nights there were several Guest Entertainers (juggler, singer, comedian) that were normal cruise ship entertainment.  There were two shows every night at 6:30 and 8:30.  The 6:30 show was less crowded was our preference.  It worked well with our nightly 7:40 MDR reservation.

I won't go into details about the Guest Entertainers since they are likely to change on a regular basis.  I should also mention that there is a decent band aboard (old favorites of ours) called the Static Band (from Guyana) who does well with most types of music including rock, motown, Caribbean, etc.  That band is usually in the Vista Lounge although they did a couple of shows in Princess Live.  There is a decent smooth jazz trio in Take 5 that we also enjoyed.  Crooners (piano bar) has an interesting older gentleman (Funch) who we also enjoyed.  There was also an excellent Steel Drum solo player and a jazz guitar singer/player.  We have always enjoyed the variety of entertainment on Princess and were pleased with what they had on the Enchanted.

Hank

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Hlitner said:

We were recently on for 20 days.  During that time they have two Production Shows (Rock Opera and Sky5) and they were repeated on each 10 day cruise.   We really enjoyed Rock Opera as the entire group of singers (4 regulars plus an excellent Guest Tenor) were quite good.  The other show was not anything we wanted to see a 2nd time.  On other nights there were several Guest Entertainers (juggler, singer, comedian) that were normal cruise ship entertainment.  There were two shows every night at 6:30 and 8:30.  The 6:30 show was less crowded was our preference.  It worked well with our nightly 7:40 MDR reservation.

I won't go into details about the Guest Entertainers since they are likely to change on a regular basis.  I should also mention that there is a decent band aboard (old favorites of ours) called the Static Band (from Guyana) who does well with most types of music including rock, motown, Caribbean, etc.  That band is usually in the Vista Lounge although they did a couple of shows in Princess Live.  There is a decent smooth jazz trio in Take 5 that we also enjoyed.  Crooners (piano bar) has an interesting older gentleman (Funch) who we also enjoyed.  There was also an excellent Steel Drum solo player and a jazz guitar singer/player.  We have always enjoyed the variety of entertainment on Princess and were pleased with what they had on the Enchanted.

Hank

Really good review!  We were on the 20 day as well.

17 hours ago, Raymok said:

We did not use the fitness center so I'll let someone else answer that one

I used the treadmills. Every other one was blocked off. Masks were worn walking around in the fitness center but not on the cardio equipment from what I observed. I was on the 11/30 sailing

On 12/28/2021 at 11:37 AM, Fa-Li said:

Thanks for answering questions!  Wondering if you talked with anyone in an aft cabin, and if they had soot issues?

We had a aft cabin on the Regal last month and there was no problem with soot or fumes.

On 12/28/2021 at 10:37 AM, Fa-Li said:

Thanks for answering questions!  Wondering if you talked with anyone in an aft cabin, and if they had soot issues?

We had breakfast several times with a couple who was staying in an aft cabin suite.  Admittedly, they hadn't spent a lot of time on their balcony and had not noticed soot problems but they did say the cabin steward wiped down all the furniture on the balcony once a day.  One could draw a conclusion the soot was still a concern.

On 12/28/2021 at 11:37 AM, Fa-Li said:

We were on the 12/18-30 cruise.  My father in law had aft cabin C743.  The balcony was longer than usual but as just narrow as a normal balcony.  We had 2 sea days at the start of cruise and it was windy and he noticed fumes and soot. He wasn't able to use balcony those days.  After that he said he was able to use it every day with no issues.  

One issue he did have was the sun beating down into the cabin afternoon and late evening made the cabin very hot.  He tried to cool the room with the ac all the way down but was never able to get it cooler.  He is always cold (keeps home ac in Florida at 77) so for it to be warm to him says something.

• Like 1