Just returned from Enchanted Princess. Ask any questions

Raymok

On 12/23/2021 at 10:33 PM, Raymok said:

Hi...We just returned from the December 10-20 sailing. We had a great cruise. The ship was only at 50% capacity. We were able to purchase a great up sale on the cruise from a standard balcony to the Club Class Mini Suite.... We stayed at the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Marina prior to sailing. Ask any questions, and I'll try and answer them

Hi Ramok & Fellow Cruisers,

Just booked Enchanted Princess 28/06/22 for 11 nights in the Baltics.. Good deal with drinks, grats, wi-fi in an Obstructed Balcony

Cabin E502... 

Are the obstructions (lifeboats) minimal, really obstructive or am I best to move up the ladder to a normal balcony?

Thank you in advance 

On 1/3/2022 at 10:00 PM, IzzyJ said:

We are on the Enchanted Jan 29 sailing.

Do you know if they sell wine packages on board.

In the pasted you could buy 5,7,or 10 bottles packages

Just throwing this out again, does anyone have info on this question

1 minute ago, tawlaw1526 said:

I am going to be on the Sky Princess in February and I have two questions:

1) I am wondering if Princess is still doing the Ultimate Ship Tours at this time?

2) Is there an Escape room on Sky and Enchanted?   
Thank You!

No Escape Room on the Sky

4 hours ago, tawlaw1526 said:

I am going to be on the Sky Princess in February

Is there an Escape room on Sky and Enchanted?   
Thank You!

We had a fun time in the escape room on the Sky Princess in January 2020. I see by their deck plans that it does not exist anymore, however on the Enchanted Princess it does show an escape room on the Sky deck exactly where it was on the Sky Princess. Hope this helps

Jim

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jeanandjim said:

We had a fun time in the escape room on the Sky Princess in January 2020. I see by their deck plans that it does not exist anymore, however on the Enchanted Princess it does show an escape room on the Sky deck exactly where it was on the Sky Princess. Hope this helps

Jim

Thank You Jim, this was very helpful.    

On 1/8/2022 at 6:18 PM, tawlaw1526 said:

I am going to be on the Sky Princess in February and I have two questions:

1) I am wondering if Princess is still doing the Ultimate Ship Tours at this time?

2) Is there an Escape room on Sky and Enchanted?   
Thank You!

Due to Covid restrictions, there was no ship tour or galley tour either after the culinary demonstration or during the Chef's Table dinner.

On 1/5/2022 at 11:06 AM, Georgio3812 said:

Cabin E502... 

Are the obstructions (lifeboats) minimal, really obstructive or am I best to move up the ladder to a normal balcony?

if Enchanted is very similar to Regal, it will look like this:

20191124_141826.thumb.jpg.fa4178b28d5d97d80e74226993e25ade.jpg

Once the ship sails, the top of the lifeboats will be lined up with the floor of your balcony:

IMG_0055.thumb.JPG.ea87684b5529eedc1e563638c298527b.JPG

IMG_0116.thumb.JPG.766e00592862f6c7d984aef7e9ed26ee.JPG

We were in E502 and E504 on Regal and loved it.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

On 12/23/2021 at 4:33 PM, Raymok said:

Hi...We just returned from the December 10-20 sailing. We had a great cruise. The ship was only at 50% capacity. We were able to purchase a great up sale on the cruise from a standard balcony to the Club Class Mini Suite.... We stayed at the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Marina prior to sailing. Ask any questions, and I'll try and answer them

Booked on two back to back cruises on Enchanted February 28 and March 10. Concerned how many ports might be unavailable. Cruised over Thanksgiving and Jamaica was restricted where you could go. Has anyone experienced issues with this? Not worried about Covid but not interested in a 20 day sea day cruise 😉

16 hours ago, hiawathapt said:

Booked on two back to back cruises on Enchanted February 28 and March 10. Concerned how many ports might be unavailable. Cruised over Thanksgiving and Jamaica was restricted where you could go. Has anyone experienced issues with this? Not worried about Covid but not interested in a 20 day sea day cruise 😉

The port situation is changing almost daily. Some of the ports that were open to us have now changed to only bubble tours. Friends of ours on a Carnival cruise this past week were denied entry into 2 of their 3 ports, due to number of covid cases on board 

On 1/7/2022 at 6:16 PM, IzzyJ said:

Just throwing this out again, does anyone have info on this question

Hello,

I dont think they have a specific wine package - I haven't seen one, it was all geared to either of the beverage packages, one with alkeehal and one without.  I've had a Google for it too and a post in CC came up from late 2019 and from the sounds, the wine packages were being wound down then.  It was available on some sailings and not others and there was no silver wine package, only the gold. Each passenger can take a bottle of vino colapso on with them for supping in your room, so if you aren't interested in the overall bevergae package, that might be an option you could think about.  You could also have a wee chat with the Maitre'd when you get on, they might offer you a package....

On 1/11/2022 at 6:24 AM, Raymok said:

The port situation is changing almost daily. Some of the ports that were open to us have now changed to only bubble tours. Friends of ours on a Carnival cruise this past week were denied entry into 2 of their 3 ports, due to number of covid cases on board 

Thanks for the feedback. Obviously it would be helpful if Princess would notify future travelers of closed ports or update itinerarys on their website as they’re known. That might not be to their advantage though as some may cancel. Will try to watch over the next month. Hopeful the Omnicron numbers will begin trending lower and more will open. 

On 12/29/2021 at 10:43 AM, Upper Bob said:

We were in an aft penthouse suite on the Dec 10 sailing and there were a couple of days where the the soot/ash was noticeable on the railing and decking. Our balcony (Baja deck) had a larger overhang so it really did not get on our deck furniture too much. There were a couple of days where the room stewards were doing a thorough cleaning of the aft balconies. There were several days where it was very windy at sea, with gusts of 30-40 knots at times, and I think that helped to push the soot down onto the aft balconies. Definitely not a deal breaker if we were ever upgraded again to one of the these suites.

Were you able to get pictures of the balcony and room number?  We were wondering if the bedroom also has sliding glass doors and how much of the balcony is covered and whether people can look down or up at you.  Thanks for your help.

We were in B735 and IMO the four Penthouse Suites on Baja and Dolphin Deck have the best balconies on the ship, aside from the Sky Suites (but those do not have any covered areas). The overhang from above extended out around 7' and easily covered the reclining teak loungers. The wrap around deck was great for sightseeing and there were sliding glass doors from both the bedroom and living room. The only time someone could look down onto you (only from Aloha Deck) would be if you were standing out near the railing. It would be the same thing for people looking up from below. A VERY private balcony. I've attached a video showing the our balcony on B735.

Edited by Upper Bob

On 1/10/2022 at 5:20 PM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

if Enchanted is very similar to Regal, it will look like this:

20191124_141826.thumb.jpg.fa4178b28d5d97d80e74226993e25ade.jpg

Once the ship sails, the top of the lifeboats will be lined up with the floor of your balcony:

IMG_0055.thumb.JPG.ea87684b5529eedc1e563638c298527b.JPG

IMG_0116.thumb.JPG.766e00592862f6c7d984aef7e9ed26ee.JPG

We were in E502 and E504 on Regal and loved it.

Hi Itchy & Scratchy,

Thank you for the photo's and information.. Looks good to me..

Keep cruisin' and enjoy..

Georgio3812

• Like 1

On 1/12/2022 at 9:22 AM, hiawathapt said:

Thanks for the feedback. Obviously it would be helpful if Princess would notify future travelers of closed ports or update itinerarys on their website as they’re known. That might not be to their advantage though as some may cancel. Will try to watch over the next month. Hopeful the Omnicron numbers will begin trending lower and more will open. 

That would be very difficult because the port closings are a day to day change.  

• Thanks 1

On 1/12/2022 at 9:22 AM, hiawathapt said:

They do. 

Its very clearly listed in the FAQ. 

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/

scroll down to the "shore visits" section and click on the question to see the answer. 

Obviously things change constantly, so they will advise onboard what the current plan is.  However, if a ship has known covid cases onboard, the number may exceed the allowed threshold for a particular port and the ship may be denied entry.   So there are a lot of factors that are completely unknown until the last minute, some not until the day of the port visit.  

I think given how much is constantly changing, Princess is doing a pretty good job keeping the FAQ page up to date.  

• Like 1