Dining/Perk question for Edge - Royal Suite

sundancer girl

Hello. Should I be booking my specialty dining lunch and/or dinners now, before I get on the ship?  I booked the RS ( My first time in the RS, so I am really excited, but not sure of everything that will come with it and/or if there are different ways I should be booking things)  I do not know which nights I might want to eat at a different location other than Luminae since I do not know what they are serving on which nights. Thoughts?  

27 minutes ago, sundancer girl said:

Hello. Should I be booking my specialty dining lunch and/or dinners now, before I get on the ship?  I booked the RS ( My first time in the RS, so I am really excited, but not sure of everything that will come with it and/or if there are different ways I should be booking things)  I do not know which nights I might want to eat at a different location other than Luminae since I do not know what they are serving on which nights. Thoughts?  

Your butler will work magic for you with dining reservations, most other requests as well.

2 hours ago, sundancer girl said:

No, you do not need to book your own speciality dining reservation in advance.  You should get an email from Celebrity asking you about your preference for your bottles of liquor, speciality dining requests, and other items.  I Always request multiple random days for my reservations. (One ot two each).  First night for sure as the Luminae can be busy.  I review the Luminae menus when I get on board and adjust as necessary.  The Celebrity AP is great if it applies to your ship, because it lists all the menus. You can make changes on line, with your Personal Retreat Host, or the retreat Conceirge.

We were in the Retreat (our first time) on the Equinox in August, and we had dinner in both Tuscan Grill and Murano. While food was very good, the service and experience of dinner in the Luminae was so much better than both specialties. In fact, one night in Luminae we had the same herb crusted rack of lamb we paid extra for in Murano, and we found them to be better quality. The tenderloin the first night in Luminae was so much better than the ribeye in the Tuscan Grill.

We have 51 future days booked in the Retreat on both Edge and Apex and I doubt we will dine very much in the specialty restaurants, other than maybe Eden at least once.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, danceswithphones said:

I book a RS or better because of the dining table in the room. We ate every meal in the room on the last two stays in a PH. Very peaceful and quiet. We have an EV booked on the Beyond. 

Did you enjoy the RS?  And have you already stayed in an EV?  Trying to decide between the two.  I see positive & negative on both.  My biggest concern with the RS is the small balcony.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, as3369 said:

My biggest concern with the RS is the small balcony. 

Small balcony was a deal breaker. Our last pre-Covid cruise was on the Sky Princess in an Owner's Suite. We missed the big balcony, dining table, and butler so back to X for the next cruise. I've done a couple of cruises in the PH on the Constellation with S-I-L down the hall in a RS. This will be my first time on Edge class. 

47.jpg

DSC01476.JPG

11 minutes ago, danceswithphones said:

Small balcony was a deal breaker. Our last pre-Covid cruise was on the Sky Princess in an Owner's Suite. We missed the big balcony, dining table, and butler so back to X for the next cruise. I've done a couple of cruises in the PH on the Constellation with S-I-L down the hall in a RS. This will be my first time on Edge class. 

47.jpg

DSC01476.JPG

Wow, that's super nice!

• 9 months later...

We were in Royal Suite on the Edge in March. This is not a great photo of the balcony,  but it is the only one I have. Hopefully you can see large furniture jammed on a small balcony. It would have to be removed to make room to add a lounger, which would likely

take up most of the space on the balcony. It is really small!

You might want to ask the Shoreside Concierge, but I am not sure it it is feasible.

73DD8ACC-B08B-42C6-80B8-F728E40BDB03.jpeg

Edited by Mrs_Tiki

We definately would prefer more space inside then outside in a Royal suite.  The storage space two bathrooms and size of the cabin most important.  You can enjoy the retreat sun and lounge deck.  We don't need to sit on our balcony all day.  We enjoy people watching and participating in some activities.  I can stay home if I want a big deck, private pool and hot tub.

18 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

We definately would prefer more space inside then outside in a Royal suite.  The storage space two bathrooms and size of the cabin most important.  You can enjoy the retreat sun and lounge deck.  We don't need to sit on our balcony all day.  We enjoy people watching and participating in some activities.  I can stay home if I want a big deck, private pool and hot tub.

You can definitely see the shift in priorities over time. One of the more interesting differences, not indicated by just the sizes below, is the access to the balcony, where Millennium class wins hands down (both living and bedroom).

That said, we find the interior space on a Millennium class to be very comfortable. 

Millennium Royal Suite:
Cabin: 538 sqft (51 m2)
Balcony: 195 sqft (18 m2)
Total: 733 sqft

Solstice Royal Suite:

Cabin: 590 sqft (55 m2)
Balcony: 158 sqft (15 m2)

Total: 748 sqft

Edge Royal Suite:

Cabin: 687 sqft (65 m2)
Balcony: 72 sqft (7 m2)

Total: 759 sqft

All of the Edge class Sky Suites have more balcony space than a RS on Edge.  Strange.

S1 = 163

S2 =   79

S3 = 102

• Like 2

You will love edge and your suite , we did penthouse last year on edge the only disappointment was the balcony. I really always eat first lunch and dinner in Luminae.  I would definitely book Fine Cut and le petit chef at least once , I did not care for sushi on five but I am not a seafood Lover. As already said butler or concierge can make or change any reservations for you .