Trivia, water aerobics, shuffleboard questions.

sassy~one

Hello, 

It has been a long time since I have sailed HAL.  In the olden days I remember 'Dam Dollars'  DH and I enjoyed doing the activities, and getting perhaps a T-shirt at the end of the cruise.  So are there prizes for activities like trivia and shuffleboard?

Do they still have water aerobics? I never missed one!

Lastly are arts and crafts still done? Is there a cost?

I have checked the internet for daily programs, I'm just hopeful someone who had sailed recently has some input.

Thank you.

I remember the dam dollar days fondly, but they've been gone for many years (perhaps decades now).  Not sure about arts & crafts on shorter cruises - I know they do them on grand voyages.  For my last several cruises there were no actual prizes for trivia - other than bragging rights if you're the winner/winning team.

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 1

We were on Eurodam in early December.

We did one trivia but I don't recall any prize (we didn't get any but we also didn't win)

We the shuffleboard and won! We got a Holland pin. They actually gave everyone the pin - but we won ours 😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wdw1972 said:

I remember the dam dollar days fondly, but they've been gone for many years (perhaps decades now).  Not sure about arts & crafts on shorter cruises - I know they do them on grand voyages.  For my last several cruises there were no actual prizes for trivia - other than bragging rights if you're the winner/winning team.

Sue/WDW1972

Last time I saw damn dollars was on the 2017 world cruise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sassy~one said:

Hello, 

It has been a long time since I have sailed HAL.  In the olden days I remember 'Dam Dollars'  DH and I enjoyed doing the activities, and getting perhaps a T-shirt at the end of the cruise.  So are there prizes for activities like trivia and shuffleboard?

I have checked the internet for daily programs, I'm just hopeful someone who had sailed recently has some input.

Thank you.

Just an FYI, I find the combination of font, color and small print makes your post very difficult to read.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, sassy~one said:

Hello, 

Thank you.

Hi Sassy. Thanks for changing your font on the Daily post.

The trivia games were at 11 (on sea days), and 4 and 6:30. The prize is holding the trophy for 60 seconds. No answer paper swap due to covid.

No water aerobics that I saw either listed on our Daily or at the pool, and shuffleboard is still on deck. There's no free shirts unless you're on Deck for the Cause that I know of.

There are a few artsy crafts onboard. There was coloring one day and a few other things..

Edited by Seasick Sailor
Add
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

Just an FYI, I find the combination of font, color and small print makes your post very difficult to read.

Hi there, It's Debbie from Roanoke Island.  Hopefully this font an color is better.  I had no idea it was small.  Thank you.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sassy~one said:

Hi there, It's Debbie from Roanoke Island.  Hopefully this font an color is better.  I had no idea it was small.  Thank you.

Another FYI. Your font looked fine for me. The problem usually occurs when the person reading your post does not have the same exact font on their computer/phone/tablet.  Another font is substituted, which may or may not look anything like what you see.  It often happens when the post is created on Windows and read on Apple or vice versa.  When one sticks with the default font, it usually looks good for everyone. 

• Like 4