Thermal suite covid requirements

mjmiller

Considering the changed protocols for the increased number of covid cases recently... I'm curious about current masking requirements in the thermal spa. And if it's possible to buy passes for Jan cruises.  Thanks for any help.

• Like 2

We were on the Dream last week in a spa cabin, with spa privileges.

There were no mask requirements in the exercise room or any other area of the spa, including the thermal suite and the thallassotherapy pool, other than the check-in desk area. 

• Like 1

Just now, CruiserLucas said:

Sunshine in a spa last week, and just masks in the general common areas. No mask required in the steam rooms, unless you like a wet mask 🤣  

Good to know! We have a spa balcony and boarding Sunshine Jan 13.  Can hardly wait!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CarolSW said:

We were on the Dream last week in a spa cabin, with spa privileges.

There were no mask requirements in the exercise room or any other area of the spa, including the thermal suite and the thallassotherapy pool, other than the check-in desk area. 

Do you know if they had to wear one while getting a massage? My BFF and I will be on the Sunshine next week and are scheduled for massages. I don't know if I want to get one if i have to wear a mask. I don't care about wearing one elsewhere but not while relaxing during a massage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sanmarcosman said:

An airborne virus loose in a damp, warm environment. What could go wrong? 

Research has shown that viruses die off faster in higher humidity. Warm and wet climates reduce the spread of covid. 

10 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Good to know! We have a spa balcony and boarding Sunshine Jan 13.  Can hardly wait!!

You’re welcome! We had a spa balcony as well, and it was nice! I probably wouldn’t upgrade to it in the future, but we chose it this time because we had the couples pass and used the thermal suites every day on Horizon. I was looking forward to it again, but the thermal suites on Sunshine don’t compare to Horizon. Less heated stone beds, no thalassotherapy pool, less steam rooms, smaller sauna in the locker rooms. 

1 hour ago, CruiserLucas said:

You’re welcome! We had a spa balcony as well, and it was nice! I probably wouldn’t upgrade to it in the future, but we chose it this time because we had the couples pass and used the thermal suites every day on Horizon. I was looking forward to it again, but the thermal suites on Sunshine don’t compare to Horizon. Less heated stone beds, no thalassotherapy pool, less steam rooms, smaller sauna in the locker rooms. 

I was thinking that might be the case when I looked at the Sunshine deck plans.  We loved the spa on Magic and thought why not?  Plus the last January cruise we were on it was sooooo cold I wished there was a cozy place to relax.  We will find out!  Thanks for all your input☺️

13 hours ago, tytanbri said:

Do you know if they had to wear one while getting a massage? My BFF and I will be on the Sunshine next week and are scheduled for massages. I don't know if I want to get one if i have to wear a mask. I don't care about wearing one elsewhere but not while relaxing during a massage.

I was required to wear my mask during my massage on the Panorama last week.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, smellywax said:

I was required to wear my mask during my massage on the Panorama last week.

When I was on the Horizon in mid-November I didn't have to wear a mask during my massage, just in the areas getting to it.

But with Omicron who knows, masks might be a universal change for massages.