final payment date?

killsport

Good morning!  And belated Happy New Year!

I thought X had changed final payment dates for cruises (normal cabins) to 60 days for cruises sailing through April 2022. I can't seem to find any link to confirm this. Does anyone have any info they can share?

Thanks!

I have a cruise in April as well.  There was a change in FPD but only for cruises til end of March.  I asked my TA to check with X just before Christmas re extending this and they said no my FPD is still 90 days.  I am still hoping this will change and have not yet made final payment.

My TA confirmed it via email but I don't remember where this info was posted.  Here is what my TA wrote in case that is of any help to you:  

I just spoke with Celebrity and they have extended their final payment deadlines to 60 day prior to sailing but only for sailings through March 31, 2022.   That apparently came out in September of 2021.  Unfortunately I was advised that they are unable to extend your final payment due date. 

• Like 1

If they don't change it for April sailings, we will regretfully cancel. Too much uncertainty at the moment. A month from now we should know a great deal more, at least about Omicron. And whether a new strain will  follow immediately. 

There was a previous thread on this, but nothing was posted as official notification from Celebrity, other than one post that quoted a direct communication to someone who was booked on a cruise to which the change applied. I just did a search on Celebrity's Web site and found nothing...but, then, that is a not-uncommon result when trying to find ANYTHING on their Web site.

The previous thread, for what it can offer, is

1 hour ago, 5waldos said:

If they don't change it for April sailings, we will regretfully cancel. Too much uncertainty at the moment. A month from now we should know a great deal more, at least about Omicron. And whether a new strain will  follow immediately. 

I hear ya! My final payment is due tomorrow for an April 3rd sailing. We will be cancelling. Once X has my money, then I have to cruise on their terms. Even if I can cancel within 48 hours of sailing I get FCC which has to be used within set timeframe and I have to pay fair difference. I prefer to have my money in the bank and book a future cruise on my terms.

• Like 1

After being on hold for 1hr & 30min then being hung up on David called back 4 hrs later to be told that the decision to change final payment date can only be made a week ahead & our final payment date is Jan 16 for our April cruise.  I just don’t think  anyone knows, too bad as we will also change our cruise to way further out. If they don’t give an extension.

Edited by If only

3 hours ago, cruisincadian said:

I hear ya! My final payment is due tomorrow for an April 3rd sailing. We will be cancelling. Once X has my money, then I have to cruise on their terms. Even if I can cancel within 48 hours of sailing I get FCC which has to be used within set timeframe and I have to pay fair difference. I prefer to have my money in the bank and book a future cruise on my terms.

Completely agree...I don't want more FCC got enough already.

Our final payment was due yesterday...I understand they can cancel our reservation which is fine by us.  I am hoping they don't and we are given more time.  Still hopeful things may improve by then and we can cruise in April. 

7 hours ago, bebe08 said:

My TA confirmed it via email but I don't remember where this info was posted.  Here is what my TA wrote in case that is of any help to you:  

I just spoke with Celebrity and they have extended their final payment deadlines to 60 day prior to sailing but only for sailings through March 31, 2022.   That apparently came out in September of 2021.  Unfortunately I was advised that they are unable to extend your final payment due date. 

Our payment is due next week for our March sailing. It is due 60 days prior. .  Probably will cancel it but holding off till the very last minute. I’m hoping they will extend the time again!  I don’t want to tie money up in cruise credits. And, prices in the future are very pricey. 

Well- they didn't and we did. It was with regret that we canceled and I am sure that I will feel quite sad on April 8th (sail date) but there is still way too much going on to commit several thousand more on a cruise that we may or may not be able to take.