Vision of the Seas and Rhapsody of the Seas: Royal Caribbean’s ‘Plague Ships’

13 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Yes and today she is in foggy weather in port of Seattle.  I guess captains are swapping out and other crew.  She was floating around Mexico and LA area last week.  

Lucky me I got my crystal this week for Ovation.

Any idea why Celebrity is not having the same issues as RCI.  I wish I knew. 

They are having similar problems also.

3 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Yes and today she is in foggy weather in port of Seattle.  I guess captains are swapping out and other crew.  She was floating around Mexico and LA area last week.  

Lucky me I got my crystal this week for Ovation.

Any idea why Celebrity is not having the same issues as RCI.  I wish I knew. 

No unvaccinated passengers🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Rhapsody's days as a COVID holding ship may be suspended or ending - she's left St Martin (where she's been a long time) and headed to Florida. She was supposed to be headed to the Med to get ready for her season there.

Vision seems to be taking a break as well with her in PE.

Edited by Biker19

Don't think the Jewel is being used as a quarantine ship. She's next to the Anthem in St. Maarten currently and I've noticed a lot of crew up on the outside decks walking around.

Maybe transferring negative crew members to the Anthem?

Edited by toad455

1 hour ago, toad455 said:

Don't think the Jewel is being used as a quarantine ship. She's next to the Anthem in St. Maarten currently and I've noticed a lot of crew up on the outside decks walking around.

Maybe transferring negative crew members to the Anthem?

Transferring the healthy to make room for the unhealthy?

Just returned from Adventure of the Seas.

On Saturday, we docked in Cozumel next to Serenade of the Seas. My ship (Adventure) was well below capacity, and there were plenty of empty deck chairs on the upper decks.

Despite that, I was surprised to look over and see almost nobody on Serenade of the Seas. All the deck chairs on that ship were put away, and the pool was drained.

About an hour after we were supposed to depart from Cozumel, someone on Serenade made an announcement along the lines of "if you are going on Adventure of the Seas, please visit the customer service desk on Deck 4." Shortly after, a bunch of people in casual clothing (crew members?) walked off that ship and onto our ship.

I started to suspect it was a quarantine ship. I had seen the title of this thread before my cruise, but had not read through this thread to learn Serenade was a quarantine ship.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

We should have no more fake visions of Vision in St Martin as Rhapsody is finally on her way to Europe. This also means, I think, there are no more "plague" ships left in the Eastern Carib

Great news! Makes me feel so much better about her re-start for the European season!