Live From Orion “French Polynesia Jan 5 2022”

RICHARDandSTEFAN

7 minutes ago, LinnieRed said:

In case deck 8 is closed due to high winds, plan B is deck 2 aft. Tables, chairs and the jogging track in case we need to keep on the move. 

Plan A: deck 8

plan B: deck 2

today at 3 pm. Hope to see everyone there. 

We’ll be there! 😃🥂

It appears that 25 or so did not make our LA embarkation (1 in 20 original passengers) due to covid issues. 

Has anyone heard any on board covid positives/contacts? 

With Marquesas rapidly approaching, hoping the best with no port denials.  Especially since Viking World Cruise just turned around and dropped all French Polynesia ports (plus many other ports).

1 hour ago, LinnieRed said:

In case deck 8 is closed due to high winds, plan B is deck 2 aft. Tables, chairs and the jogging track in case we need to keep on the move. 

From our experience, when experiencing weather/sea issues, Deck 2 is normally closed before Dk 8 is closed. I spent many mornings on Viking Sun walking Dk 8, with Dk 2 closed.

2 hours ago, LinnieRed said:

Count us in. See everyone at 3:00. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, albertamom said:

If anyone saw the buffoons walking the wrong way on Deck 2 yesterday morning, that was us! 🙋‍♀️🙋‍♂️

I was absolutely “sure” that the proper direction was counter-clockwise, until I read the daily at lunchtime, and I am never a rule-breaker, so stuck to my guns. 🤦‍♀️

We’ll be out there again this morning going CLOCKWISE, so say hi! 😃

OMG. I never knew it was only a one way situation.  Crap, we have probably done that too.   Oops  😬 

• Haha 3

On 1/8/2022 at 4:07 PM, janetcbl said:

When we sailed, we asked our room cabin Stewart to replace the liquor bottles in our mini bar ( we were in PV) with a bottle of Merlot  and a bottle of Chardonnay….they were replaced every couple of days by new bottles..No problem!😁

Every cruise must be different.  We just got off Transatlantic in a PV, and based on what people had said, we tried to do the same thing.  Our steward (and the Beverage Manager as well) said they could replace the liquor one time with a Chardonnday and that was it. (and the cheapest one)   Still, better than nothing.  We tried multiple times with no success.  Since we had SSP, we gave up and just got classes of good wine at the bars and brought them back to the room.

53 minutes ago, prunderw said:

First report from Captain of covid cases at noon.  Hope everything goes well for those with only short onboard quarantine and no one else impacted.

So sorry to hear.  I was wondering about it - for you this 4 days out, which seems to be the magical date that those who picked up COVID on their flights, the airport or the hotels, start to test positive.   Which is why the first week is crucial to get past.  So are you all still going to have that get together this Monday afternoon?  Let's hope none of you came in contact with thes unfortunate folks.

Hope the people stay healthy, especially if asymptomatic.  And that they brought some good books.

Edited by CCWineLover
  • Like 1

Just now, CCWineLover said:

So sorry to hear.  I was wondering about it - for you this 4 days out, which seems to be the magical date that those who picked up COVID on their flights, the airport or the hotels, start to test positive.   Which is why the first week is crucial to get past.  So are you all still going to have that get together this Monday afternoon?  Let's hope none of you came in contact with thes unfortunate folks.

Hope the people stay healthy, especially if asymptomatic.  And that they brought some good books.

Yes outside weather permitting.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, albertamom said:

If anyone saw the buffoons walking the wrong way on Deck 2 yesterday morning, that was us! 🙋‍♀️🙋‍♂️

I was absolutely “sure” that the proper direction was counter-clockwise, until I read the daily at lunchtime, and I am never a rule-breaker, so stuck to my guns. 🤦‍♀️

We’ll be out there again this morning going CLOCKWISE, so say hi! 😃

You were right the first time: the proper walking direction is ALWAYS counter-clockwise. Think about it. Everything that goes around a circular track moves in a counter-clockwise direction---race cars, horses in a race, runners in track events. 

2 hours ago, prunderw said:

First report from Captain of covid cases at noon.  Hope everything goes well for those with only short onboard quarantine and no one else impacted.

He said "a few cases, asymptomatic or mild symptoms and they were treated well". I hope this will not be a repeat of our previous Viking cruise in which we turned around 3/4 of the way across the Atlantic. Food and drinks are good, we'll survive. See you at 3 PM. PM means Post Meridiem. At the trivia game today, they did not accept AM as being an abbreviation for Ante Meridiem, I am not happy.  🤪

17 minutes ago, jacquesmm said:

He said "a few cases, asymptomatic or mild symptoms and they were treated well". I hope this will not be a repeat of our previous Viking cruise in which we turned around 3/4 of the way across the Atlantic. Food and drinks are good, we'll survive. See you at 3 PM. PM means Post Meridiem. At the trivia game today, they did not accept AM as being an abbreviation for Ante Meridiem, I am not happy.  🤪

Just curious.🤓 I am guessing the “correct “ answer was “Amplitude Modulation” as in AM/FM.   Was there context in the question? 

27 minutes ago, jacquesmm said:

Yes but if look at it from our point of view in the Northern Hemisphere, those horses run counter clockwise.

So using your reasoning horse races in the other Australian states, which are run counterclockwise, are run clockwise from our point of view,

And then there's Germany, which last I checked is in the Northern Hemisphere, where many horse races are run clockwise. 

So sorry to hear about the Covid cases. Hopefully they will recover quickly. We almost did this cruise and decided to fly to Papeete and do a 17 night Windstar instead. That was cut short due to Covid. 
How many passengers are on your cruise?

Just now, RlyLvn said:

So sorry to hear about the Covid cases. Hopefully they will recover quickly. We almost did this cruise and decided to fly to Papeete and do a 17 night Windstar instead. That was cut short due to Covid. 
How many passengers are on your cruise?

477 give or take a couple.