Live from Emerald Princess Jan. 8-18

jeanandjim

2 hours ago, Poulsbo Cruisers said:

how to chat with you on the Medallion app

In the medallion app there is an icon that looks like silhouette of two people. Click on that then you can add or accept a request. My icon looks like a tree. No problems if it doesn't work will look for you in lounge around 5:15 today and tomorrow Jim😎

5 minutes ago, jeanandjim said:

In the medallion app there is an icon that looks like silhouette of two people. Click on that then you can add or accept a request. My icon looks like a tree. No problems if it doesn't work will look for you in lounge around 5:15 today and tomorrow Jim😎

Jim, could you check with waitstaff in MDR and see if they are selling the 'wine package'?  Previously the package was sold for 8 bottles, 10 bottles, or 12 bottles of value up to $45 package.  We were given a card that included the prices.  We are interested in the current cost of the 12 bottle package.  Thanks in advance  🙂

Jim many thanks for your informative posts.

We are due to sail on Emerald Princess on 18th Jan if we pass our pre-flight Covid tests this Sunday - we are UK based.

I've been trying to book dining via the Medallion App and having lots of problems.

Do you know if all the speciality restaurants are open?

23 minutes ago, jeanandjim said:

Crown Grill yes $29,

Sabatinis yes $25,

Gastro Pub yes $18

Steamers no

Planks no

5 hours ago, Daedalus50 said:

Jim many thanks for your informative posts.

We are due to sail on Emerald Princess on 18th Jan if we pass our pre-flight Covid tests this Sunday - we are UK based.

I've been trying to book dining via the Medallion App and having lots of problems.

Do you know if all the speciality restaurants are open?

We are on the Emerald Princess next week also and have had problems with the app. I made dinner reservation a for each night a couple of weeks ago and they all disappeared , had to do it all again. 

On 1/9/2022 at 8:33 PM, jeanandjim said:

We were on the fall 2017 sailing to Tahiti.

That was an excellent cruise. If I'm remembering right you were a really great Colonel Sanders at Halloween. 😁  It's sad that we won't be able to repeat that cruise now that the Islands aren't allowing ships with more than a small number of passengers to port.

24 minutes ago, Thrak said:

That was an excellent cruise. If I'm remembering right you were a really great Colonel Sanders at Halloween. 😁  

Michael, I have no idea what you are talking about. Hope to see you on another cruise in the future.

Jim😎IMG_20171031_051914697.thumb.jpg.86b5ec89a8f2b0e51dbaa242aa47b6cc.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rabin1 said:

Were you able to find out any info about the Dry Dock please???

Yesterday you asked about drydock, 22 hours ago I said that I would check into it. Just now I had a discussion about it with an officer. He told me that it was a normal every two year drydock. Nothing significant being addressed. Stop stressing!!! Have a nice day

Jim😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, alexdw said:

We had problems with the app.

We had problems with the app at home. Made dinner reservations for our upcoming Enchanted cruise next Wednesday, but couldn't make it for this cruise. Once on board went to nearest dining room and five minutes.... Done for the entire voyage.

the lady at medallion help desk told me it was Android specific because of the many different platforms, Samsung, Motorola, etc. She hooked me up with ocean concierge, a completely different program. I have had difficulty staying on WiFi this cruise. Have to keep reloading my room and birthday. Feel like I'm getting one year older each time, lol. Hang in there everything will be ok.

Jim😎

10 hours ago, luv2cruisin said:

Jim, could you check with waitstaff in MDR and see if they are selling the wine package  🙂

I checked with our head waiter tonight. He said no they are not because of all the inclusive drink packages being sold. He also said that they used to get a commission on drink related items like wines, after dinner drink glassware etc. But that has now gone away. There is no incentive for them. There is no hard sell by the dining staff, so guess, bad news/good news.

Jim😎

• Thanks 1

On 1/12/2022 at 10:15 AM, jeanandjim said:

The server in Vines told me last night that the crew smoking area is on deck 8 forward, but see that as not a  possibility because that is an extension of the promenade walk.

There is a crew recreation area inside on deck 8 forward. Maybe they are allowed to smoke there now.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, caribill said:

There is a crew recreation area inside on deck 8 forward. Maybe they are allowed to smoke there now.

I noticed crew smoking at their pool area overlooked by the bridge when we were in the viewing area on deck 15 during the Panama Canal transit

• Thanks 1

Surprise surprise, there is a fully functioning library with glass doors. Labelled 'clean' with a closed chute to return books into. Games are available with a 'clean' and a 'return' shelf. Sudoku and crosswords available every day.

1 hour ago, sns1 said:

Jim......any other itinerary changes?  Costa Rica or Jamaica?  

As noted we were delayed getting into Costa Rica due to fueling issues in Panama. Jean and I ventured into the shop area, only half the booths were open. We needed to provide our vaccine cards, but nothing else. We were back in the ship in fifteen minutes. 

There has been no indication of what to expect in Jamaica Mon.

Jim😎

• Haha 1

On 1/13/2022 at 5:36 PM, rabin1 said:

Dry dock in October 

Last night at Captain's party, I talked with an officer re. drydock. He told me that the Emerald Princess is not going into drydock this October but in the fall of 2023. He indicated this was the normal time and as of now it will be for routine and required procedures.

Jim😎

Last night was captains party. None of the officers spoke, not bridge nor Hotel. Cruise director talked about the ship and the companies history, the Future Cruise Consultant talked about coming to see her, she looks forward to meeting each and everyone of us. Loyalty Representative announced the winners of the champagne and the most traveled guest couple with 1202 days sailing on 95 cruises.

There are 324 blue medallion guests on board, 310 gold guests, 116 ruby guests, 151 platinum guests, and 93 elite guests.

Jean and I have found a nice quiet spot to play cards. We go to the area know as Steamers, and since this area is not open for service this cruise, it is a nice area to sit and play. The area on the starboard side known as Planks has been reserved for staff and officers to eat or lounge.

Found out from an officer, I believe she may have been medical, that we will not be able to get our antigen test on board ship for our upcoming cruise on the Enchanted on Wednesday. We will have to get it on shore in the terminal provided free of charge by Princess.

Jim

• Like 1

On 1/12/2022 at 10:38 AM, Poulsbo Cruisers said:

This is our 11th Princess cruise and it’s the worst bed we’ve ever experienced. It’s lumpy and saggy. I have a sore back every morning. 

Why don't you ask for a change of mattress.

Saw a copy of the disembarkation letter for your cruise posted on Facebook.  Only one half of the page printed.  Based on the letter, your cruise must have left out of pier 21 and will be returning to pier 2.  It mentions that there will be transportation back to pier 21 if you parked your car there.  Did the letter give  the  time  that the shuttle will begin taking passengers back to pier 21 to get there car.  The letter did mention something about "every 10 minutes" which I am guessing is how often the shuttles will leave pier 2.TIA!