Anyone on board Equinox now with January 9, 2022 sailing?

TourDeCruise

11 hours ago, Treasure Hunter said:

Captain announced during dinner that a few crew tested positive during routine testing. They are quarantined and any people traced have been tested and are all negative. There are no passengers involved. Oh well, I knew it would happen eventually. Tomorrow is another port day.  P. S. We were not turned away from St. Croix. The protocol changed. St. Martin was a better port anyway. 

How was the protocol at St Croix changed?

5 hours ago, Treasure Hunter said:

We are at port in St Kitts. Most of the passengers are off ship on excursions. 

Are they letting you leave the secured port area if you do not have a ship excursion or St. Kitts government-approved excursion? In November with Apex, we could get off in St. Kitts but only in the secured area as we did not have an excursion. We chose to stay on the ship. One good reason to get off the ship though is to get some good pictures of the ship which we did in Cozumel and some other ports.

Edited by TourDeCruise

6 hours ago, Treasure Hunter said:

We are at port in St Kitts. Most of the passengers are off ship on excursions. 

I love St. Kitts  We had friends who lived there take us on a tour of the island.  

I can't wait to go back again. 

On 1/12/2022 at 10:54 AM, wattsde said:

Yes, we've been sailing Celebrity since the 90's. Started on Zenith: 20+ cruises now. Perhaps it's my advanced years (and moderate appetite) that I never noticed the trays disappear. 🤪

Yup. They took them away about the time the S class started up. There was quite the furor on these boards. I really missed them at breakfast because it meant you had to get your meal, set it down and hope no one bothered it while you went back to get coffee and juice. If you really want one, order room service one day and keep the tray. Take it with you up to the buffet and see the looks you get 😜.

5 minutes ago, DrKoob said:

Yup. They took them away about the time the S class started up. There was quite the furor on these boards. I really missed them at breakfast because it meant you had to get your meal, set it down and hope no one bothered it while you went back to get coffee and juice. If you really want one, order room service one day and keep the tray. Take it with you up to the buffet and see the looks you get 😜.

Funny….decent plan though..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Treasure Hunter said:

Docked at Dominica today. You need Celebrity excursions except if you just want to go to the end of the dock where a colorful outside market ( tents) is set up .

I in fact just posted earlier this morning on your roll call about Dominica.  We are on the January 30 cruise, and we just received an email from Celebrity saying that the shore excursion we'd booked in Dominica was cancelled.  But yet, there are no other shore excursions on the Celebrity site that we can book!  Were there excursions available for the passengers for today, maybe ones that were made available only when you got on board?  Thank you, and thanks for all of your posts!

10 minutes ago, Treasure Hunter said:

I was told that there were regular excursions in Dominica today. Excursions are being canceled when there aren’t enough people signed up

According to someone who reported on your rollcall, there was a taxi stand near the tented vendor area. They were offering independent tours of Dominica. Also, the email I received from Celebrity today said that Dominica was one of the ports where guests can purchase an approved independent tour provided by the local government. The tours are only offered in the enclosed/restricted port area.

On 1/13/2022 at 11:38 AM, Treasure Hunter said:

Six ships that had planned to dock in St Croix were told that they weren’t accepting cruise ships sat this time. It was an easy transition to St Martin. This is St. Kitts

F01E5CB1-B529-4CD3-8F8A-08C80DE28C22.jpeg

Bit confused about the St Croix comments as the Port of Frederiksted on St Croix can only handle 2 ships at the same time. And, no ship is due at St Croix until 1/18

We are currently on the Equinox, I have slow internet pkg so waited until today to jump on Verizon account.  

From my perspective, Treasure Hunter and Judatt have posted very accurate info.

We booked this in September - very cheap rate for an Oceanview.  Later had successfully bid for Aqua Class. An increase of $50 pp pd… We are right in the middle of the ship with a shaded balcony and minimal noise from Pool Deck above.  The staterooms on either side are empty - no noisy neighbors. We dine in Blu where crowds are minimal and Host always finds us a socially distanced table.  Blu menu is “different”. No problem ordering off MDR menu.  Food has been great, servers even better. 

We live in Maryland and could not stand the Winter cold and the Covid craziness any longer.  We always mask inside, DW double masks. Majority of folks comply as well.  We stay away from crowds and feel safer than back home.  I feel that the December cases were an anomaly and as long as capacity stays low, it’s safe. 

We did make a personal decision to cancel excursions.  Didn’t want to sit in crowded minivans.  It’s not personal, just one more layer of safety. 

The service, crew morale, food, weather, and entertainment have been great.  Ports don’t matter to us. All about the sun and beautiful scenery.  

At this point, I would stay for the 1/21 cruise, but DW has a busy schedule…

Hope this helps…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Dave Judy said:

We are currently on the Equinox, I have slow internet pkg so waited until today to jump on Verizon account.  

We booked this in September - very cheap rate for an Oceanview.  Later had successfully bid for Aqua Class. An increase of $50 pp pd… We are right in the middle of the ship with a shaded balcony and minimal noise from Pool Deck above.  The staterooms on either side are empty - no noisy neighbors. We dine in Blu where crowds are minimal and Host always finds us a socially distanced table.  Blu menu is “different”. No problem ordering off MDR menu.  Food has been great, servers even better. 

We live in Maryland and could not stand the Winter cold and the Covid craziness any longer.  We always mask inside, DW double masks. Majority of folks comply as well.  We stay away from crowds and feel safer than back home.  I feel that the December cases were an anomaly and as long as capacity stays low, it’s safe. 

We did make a personal decision to cancel excursions.  Didn’t want to sit in crowded minivans.  It’s not personal, just one more layer of safety. 

The service, crew morale, food, weather, and entertainment have been great.  Ports don’t matter to us. All about the sun and beautiful scenery.  

Hope this helps…

Dave, thanks for this very upbeat post and glad you're enjoying the cruise!! Makes me think I probably over-reacted when we (more me) decided to cancel.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Dave Judy said:

Hope this helps…

Thanks so much for your update.  We are scheduled for the 1/30 cruise.  Curious what "different" means on the Blu menu.  

also, we lived in Gaithersburg many years ago!

• Like 1

Ok so only Celebrity excursions allowed in Dominica. There will probably not be any production shows on this cruise. A new troupe came on and has to quarantine ( Captain was wrong). Individual entertainment has been very good. Tonight we have Raymond Wise ( music and laughter) and then a late night comedian. Kimi does trivia and has been working non stop and is wonderful. No passengers have Covid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Loracpin2 said:

Dave, thanks for this very upbeat post and glad you're enjoying the cruise!! Makes me think I probably over-reacted when we (more me) decided to cancel.

You know how it is in Maryland now. I get it… Hard to make a decision.  

We are being very careful…  Was on an elevator last night with 2 others.  A Boor and his wife got on and he announced, “I’ve got Covid”.  Elevator stopped at next floor, another person wanted to get on.  I just walked out…

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, SharonK said:

Thanks so much for your update.  We are scheduled for the 1/30 cruise.  Curious what "different" means on the Blu menu.  

also, we lived in Gaithersburg many years ago!

Others are more expert than I on this topic.  It is a “healthy, natural alternative”. That’s why I’m excited they let you order off MDR menu. I don’t mind gaining a little weight on a cruise…

I was a teacher at Gaithersburg HS and my wife was a teacher at G’burg ES. We lived in apartments nearby.  That was 40 years ago…

28 minutes ago, Dave Judy said:

Others are more expert than I on this topic.  It is a “healthy, natural alternative”. That’s why I’m excited they let you order off MDR menu. I don’t mind gaining a little weight on a cruise…

I was a teacher at Gaithersburg HS and my wife was a teacher at G’burg ES. We lived in apartments nearby.  That was 40 years ago…

It really is a small world!! Our oldest was at G'burg HS in Sept 1985 for his Sr year when we moved from MA. Needless to see he was not a happy camper!!!! Other two graduated in 1989 and 1991