Anyone on board Equinox now with January 9, 2022 sailing?

TourDeCruise

Okay… okay… we are leaving the port of Barbados, and with it goes my Verizon internet.  

still excited for our next several days at port and at sea. 

We haven’t been typical cruisers. We book Oceanview and dream of upgrading.  Typical Boomers, we have saved and saved, only to realize we can now actually reserve balcony staterooms.  

It’s exciting to report that we can cruise and survive during COVID.  

Wish you all great future cruises 🚢 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Dave Judy said:

Okay… okay… we are leaving the port of Barbados, and with it goes my Verizon internet.  

still excited for our next several days at port and at sea. 

We haven’t been typical cruisers. We book Oceanview and dream of upgrading.  Typical Boomers, we have saved and saved, only to realize we can now actually reserve balcony staterooms.  

It’s exciting to report that we can cruise and survive during COVID.  

Wish you all great future cruises 🚢 

Dave, your positive attitude is contagious!!!!!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Dave Judy said:

We have found it strange that we are on Day 8 and there have not been any production shows. I’m sure there is a reasonable explanation.  All shows have been only one or two headline acts, some backed by live “orchestra” a few haven’t. We go to all the shows and are always easily entertained.  However, there was a vocalist from Chicago who sang, danced, and told stories… We would never 👎 go see him again…

Guessing that the entertainers are probably quarantined.  We were on the 12 day Christmas/New Year's cruise and the last night, January 2 there we no live music for dancing,  The group who was there most nights was quarantined.  Tis the "covid season" right now.

18 hours ago, Treasure Hunter said:

No. It’s terrible. Only two regular outlets at the vanity. That’s it! Nothing in the lamps. We brought an extender so at least my husband can leave his hearing aid charger in. I have to remove one of the phone chargers to use the hair dryer. 

Treasure Hunter, any chance of posting a picture of the outlets?  Gonna buy an adapter for Jan. 30th sailing. Thank you!

28 minutes ago, bnurick said:

Treasure Hunter, any chance of posting a picture of the outlets?  Gonna buy an adapter for Jan. 30th sailing. Thank you!

Also, I posted a link to the adapter that I used on my Equinox sailing. It worked well for me.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YVMM483/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

• Thanks 2

A lot of people took excursions today. It was a little misty out so instead of eating up on the retreat sun deck ( limited menu) we went to the buffet for the first time. I have to say that it was really nice. Everything was fresh and inviting. We had a nice table , we were brought ice tea. You walk up to a counter and your plate is filled for you. There was ice cream and cookies. Delightful

• Thanks 1

We were on the Equinox Jan 3 just before you. We heard that the cruise before us had many sick people and debarked around 1:00pm. We had a 2-1/2/ hr boarding delay for “extra cleaning.” We were also moved to Pier 29 but no problem. We were on deck 6 forward but weren’t moved because we were in an Accessible cabin. We only saw staff on our level and all the doors were open with what appeared to be room service trays outside most of the week. Only 2 persons were sick. They left cloth masks for each of us in our cabin. I heard there were only 800 passengers on board and I believe it. It was like a ghost ship but very nice except for the entertainment which was lacking.

Question - does anyone know where isolated people are being put on the Equinox?  (I know I probably read this already but can't remember).

It seems to vary by ship. I'd get totally claustrophobic in an inside cabin but could live with being in a balcony.

1 minute ago, chamima said:

Question - does anyone know where isolated people are being put on the Equinox?  (I know I probably read this already but can't remember).

It seems to vary by ship. I'd get totally claustrophobic in an inside cabin but could live with being in a balcony.

The person who was posting from quarantine on the last sailing was in a balcony on Deck 6.

• Thanks 1

It’s not like that on  this ship. The ship is very lively, up beat and has a happy atmosphere. No production shows but entertainment every night some ( not all) very good. The comedians are good. The staff is amazing. However, the captain just announced that another passenger reported to medical with cold like symptoms ( positive) and his roommate ( no symptoms) tested positive bringing the total to 5 out of 1400 passengers. Tomorrow is the last port. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Treasure HunterI just wanted to thank you for being so helpful with information while you are on your cruise.  If you run into anyone from Guest Relations, I would be curious to know if there is an idea or guesstimate of capacity for the Jan. 30th sailing (after the Jan. 21st sailing).  Thanks again!

• Like 1

The captain announced tonight that there were 2 passengers who reported to medical that had cold like symptoms and both tested positive. They did the contract tracing and a cabin mate of one of the 2 who tested positive also tested positive. There were no positives yesterday and one the day before and one the day before that. So we are up to 5 cases. With 1500 on board that’s 1/3 of 1 percent so very good. Tomorrow is our last port of call and just had a call with details about our excursion so it seems to be good to go. Then 2 sea days and back to Fort Lauderdale. 
for us, we will be in Fort Lauderdale 3 days and then board the Silhouette and head south. Very much looking forward to that cruise as well. This one has far exceeded expectations and we trust the next one will as well. 

3 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Have the NFL playoffs been on TV anywhere on the ship?

I would think they should have playoff games in Club Social as long as it has the big screens like on Apex. Or possibly the big screen on the rooftop. Ask at Club Social when you get onboard. Maybe one of the current cruisers can confirm. 

6 hours ago, Treasure Hunter said:

Today is Antiqua. Not a cloud in the sky. The Captain stopped by our table in Luminae last night to thank us for sailing. He’s very tall. 

Thank you for all the helpful info you have been posting.  Know you usually stay on ship when in port, but wondered if you have heard if you have to take Celebrity excursions in Antigua or can do gov’t approved tours/cabs?