Wife's passport is under maiden name

ads0221

My wife just noticed that her passport is under her maiden name. Our cruise is in a week and a half so there's no way we can have it changed. She's already changed her SSN, license, her name is already changed on the booking. As long as we bring the original marriage license are we good to go?

Edited by ads0221

Yes, that's all you should need. From the Carnival website:

"For newly married or soon-to-be married brides, we strongly recommend that if the non-expired government-issued photo I.D. is in the maiden name, the cruise booking be made in the maiden name (do not include the married name); If the reservation was made in the married name, but the non-expired government-issued photo I.D. is in the maiden name, documentation (original or clear, legible copy) supporting this change is required (at embarkation), such as a marriage certificate or marriage license."

• Like 2

All of my legal documents *except* my passport are my married name (for the last 4 years and 7 cruises). I take my DL, passport, and marriage license.  I always point out that they don't match, but they've never actually asked to see the marriage license.  

• Thanks 2

(Always) carry more documentation than you think they'll need!

Even if they don't ask for the Marriage Cert.(or whatever)

you take it out, and place it right before them!

Drown them in more paperwork than they need!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Aplmac said:

(Always) carry more documentation than you think they'll need!

Even if they don't ask for the Marriage Cert.(or whatever)

you take it out, and place it right before them!

Drown them in more paperwork than they need!

I subscribe to this thought process.  We bring WAY more documents than we need.  We brought my wife's birth certificate, our marriage license, her divorce papers since her name was from her last marriage when we married, and passport.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, cmukid87 said:

I subscribe to this thought process.  We bring WAY more documents than we need.  We brought my wife's birth certificate, our marriage license, her divorce papers since her name was from her last marriage when we married, and passport.

Not the same situation, but I always bring more than needed as well!  I put my birth certificate or passport card in a bag separate from my passport, just in case!

Same here so we decided to booked under her maiden name.  Same with the trip to Hawaii, it was maiden name because we  didn't want any hassles with TSA. 

We will change her Passport once we get done with our February cruise.  Last piece to change....... 

Congratulations!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The only document my wife still has in her birth name is her passport.  So we always book travel under that name.  Never any problem.   We are old enough to remember when a woman did not check into a hotel with a last name other than that of the guy she is with, but today, no one ever notices.