Received my stock onboard credit

MudderBear

Thank you to whomever a while back posted a link to the form to fill out to submit to get your $100 stock onboard credit.  Sent that plus a copy of my broker's statement (fyi......I snipped/scissored  out all pertinent information because when I scanned a copy with just magic marker line outs, I think you could still see some of the numbers)....

I can't find the link for the "form" but thank you to who did.  It only took a week for the credit to appear on my booking.

Now, hopefully I can set sail this spring......getting tired of cancelling and rebooking year after year.....

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, epistax said:

I wonder if they'll care about my covered call against CCL I sold... Snip

If you sold after sending in your request, they won't know about it, so you will be good.  I've often wondered about that, but I doubt they would be checking against currently booked passengers who have received the credit for an upcoming cruise.

25 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

@MudderBear This response was intended for your benefit.  I mistakenly put in a quote from @kywildcatfanone  instead.  Whoops!!

There is no form anymore, all you have to do is send them certain info.  Per the Carnival Corp website:

"Please provide by email, fax or by mail your complete legal name, reservation/booking number, ship and sailing date, along with proof of ownership of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc shares."

2021 US Annual Report (carnivalcorp.com)

Edited by Daniel A

2 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

There is no form anymore, all you have to do is send them certain info.  Per the Carnival Corp website:

You quoted me, not sure why, as I didn't mention the form, but there actually is a form, but you don't have to use it, but you can.

https://www.signnow.com/fill-and-sign-pdf-form/25902-princess-shareholder-benefit-2018-form

1 minute ago, kywildcatfanone said:

You quoted me, not sure why, as I didn't mention the form, but there actually is a form, but you don't have to use it, but you can.

https://www.signnow.com/fill-and-sign-pdf-form/25902-princess-shareholder-benefit-2018-form

Sorry, I mistakenly replied to you.  Please see my edit which I was sending out when you responded.  Sorry.  One can use the old form, but it's no longer necessary.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MudderBear said:

Thank you to whomever a while back posted a link to the form to fill out to submit to get your $100 stock onboard credit.  Sent that plus a copy of my broker's statement (fyi......I snipped/scissored  out all pertinent information because when I scanned a copy with just magic marker line outs, I think you could still see some of the numbers)....

I can't find the link for the "form" but thank you to who did.  It only took a week for the credit to appear on my booking.

Now, hopefully I can set sail this spring......getting tired of cancelling and rebooking year after year.....

After noticing a magic marker line out still being visible on a scanned copy of my broker’s statement I also cut out the account number & any other not required info.

Glad that it worked for you & if you want to use the form in the future (not required to use) here it is:

Shareholder Benefit Request Form.pdf

• Like 1

1 minute ago, logan25 said:

I’m being patient.  Just submitted request via email for credit to be applied to two cruises, but the first sailing is not for another month.

They’ve been very busy & instead of receiving it within a day or two my request two weeks ago was issued within a week.

20 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

How far ahead can you request stock obc?

TIA

I’ve had the same experiences as Daniel A and have received it as early as nearly 2 years in advance. Years ago when they began requiring advance tour payments they eliminated the previous 90 day limit to apply. That allows us to use the SOBC to pay for advance tour reservations.

2 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I sent my request when I booked my 2022 cruise last Summer, and it showed up right away.  YMMV

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, koreakruiser said:

Where does it show up in your account?  As an FCC or as a payment credit?

It’s shown in the Cruise Personalizer:

• Payments
  • Credits
  • Onboard Credits for this Booking

Shareholders Benefits* $100.00

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I sent my request when I booked my 2022 cruise last Summer, and it showed up right away.  YMMV

Just be aware if there are changes to your booking which can be minor (refaring) or major (new booking number), the OBC will drop off of your booking.

Usually a call to Princess can have it reinstated without resubmitting the request because the agent will have access to your booking before the change and can see the OBC had been granted.

• Like 1

I requested my obc with the latest statment I have which is 2020 as I didnt get one in 21 presumably as there were no dividends. Princess returned my request advising I need a more up to date statment so be aware your proof needs to be fairly current. I have to contact Equiniti to obtain something to confirm I still hold shares I guess.