Caribbean P Jan 9 to Mar 13 live review/updates

Waynetor

We were talking to one of the mgmt staff and it appears next weeks passengers is in the 1200 range and continues to slowly climb towards the spring . However he did say they are being told max capacity is 65%.  No idea where that comes from but he seemed to be in the know

its been glorious with 1100 pax (36%) this week.  Not sure I can ever cruise with full capacity again

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

We were talking to one of the mgmt staff and it appears next weeks passengers is in the 1200 range and continues to slowly climb towards the spring . However he did say they are being told max capacity is 65%.  No idea where that comes from but he seemed to be in the know

its been glorious with 1100 pax (36%) this week.  Not sure I can ever cruise with full capacity again

Spoiled?  😂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

NOt sure company can survive at 36%

• Like 1

For those who have been on through b2b does the quarantine deck change from cruise to cruise? We are on February 6-20 on Aloha deck aft port which if I understand right is the area currently being used for quarantine. Just confused as to why they would let me book there if the area will be closed off. 

1 hour ago, plaidsmom said:

For those who have been on through b2b does the quarantine deck change from cruise to cruise? We are on February 6-20 on Aloha deck aft port which if I understand right is the area currently being used for quarantine. Just confused as to why they would let me book there if the area will be closed off. 

Good question.  Have you checked to make sure you’re still in that cabin?  
Travel summary.  
They do change it sometimes, that’s why we’re asking what they are using currently.  Doesn’t mean that it won’t change.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Good question.  Have you checked to make sure you’re still in that cabin?  
Travel summary.  
They do change it sometimes, that’s why we’re asking what they are using currently.  Doesn’t mean that it won’t change.

Nothing for sale on Aloha deck whole deck but one cabin midship.  Riviera

wide open on the Feb 6 any way.  
Strange 1 cabin is open.

• Like 1

Forget what I said…my mistake

Aloha IS open to sell AFT Feb 6.  So, maybe the Forward cabins?  
I shouldn’t be checking so late.  I’m cross eyed!

• Haha 1

Okay, because I can’t see straight and made an error…

I looked at your 3 cruises and it looks like it might be Aloha forward, those are not available to sell.  JMHO  

• Like 1

On 1/27/2022 at 8:27 PM, Waynetor said:

Nice day in St. Kitts.  We were joined by a mega RCI ship and a Viking ship/.  I did an 2 hour hike around the coast and town. 

I asked a passenger on the RCI ship how many they had on board - he said the ship hold 6,400 passengers and there were 1,600 on so about 25%.

The odd thing that happened was while we sitting at the aft pool area another RCI ship sailed in from the north.  This was just after 1pm when it appeared and I'm thinking it is going to take at least an hour to finish its approach and dock which makes an odd time to arrive.  It ended up anchor several hundred yards behind us and the other RCI ship. The new ship did about 5 tender boats trips and then left heading back north again.  It seems to be a case of transferring crew. 

I have not heard and don't expect to hear anything about Covid cases onboard unless there is a major outbreak.  Freda and I were in the doc's office last week (will go into that later) and while there we could hear calls being made to 3 people that their test was negative, and they were no free to leave their cabins.  No idea why they were tested in the first place.

At dinner tonight crew were selling tomorrows wine testing.  I asked if table of 2 were available and they are. We don't go since they stopped the dessert wine with the free glass several years ago. 

Got notice today that our stop in Grand Cayman next week has been changed to a sea day. 

Thanks again for all of your updates. We will hopefully be onboard February 13th!

This article was on Cruise Critic dated January 17, 2022 with list of ports that are closed or refusing permission to dock.  Grand Cayman shut down when Covid started and has not reopened at all.  Ocho Rios, Jamaica has refused docking to the Emerald Princess for suspected cases on board.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=6683

Follow up to the question about quarantine deck.  Did a little exploring by walking around and found

- deck 12 (Aloha) is blocked on the even numbered cabin side (maybe starboard) midship and forward .  Only the rear of this side is open 

- deck 11 (Baja) is closed on the even numbered cabins in the forward section. Not sure it’s for quarantine but it was closed off

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

Follow up to the question about quarantine deck.  Did a little exploring by walking around and found

- deck 12 (Aloha) is blocked on the even numbered cabin side (maybe starboard) midship and forward .  Only the rear of this side is open 

- deck 11 (Baja) is closed on the even numbered cabins in the forward section. Not sure it’s for quarantine but it was closed off

According to the deck plan even is port.

Just now, Waynetor said:

We got a notice in our cabin today that for next week Grand Cayman is cancelled and we will arrive in Cozumel 2 hours early.  The rest of next week is still scheduled as planned.

👍

Yesterday was a perfect weather sea day. Today was more cloudy, cool breeze, bit rocky and a high of about 75F.

At yesterday's Cap. Circle party it was announced that there are currently 216 Elite and 225 Platinum members so the sting of those members being under 50% continues.  Last weeks #2 and 3 most travelled are still on but a new #1 replace the prier #1 - New high total days is 2,017.  That couple were the longest married couple at the Married Match game.  I'm sure they have seen/heard the questions a good number of times.

We had another covid test today and again passed.  I asked the person that was registering those that showed up about numbers - he said there are 199 guest being tested - most are staying on but some are transferring to another ship.

For today's Most travelled passenger party the cut-off was 431 days.  While not many officials came to last nights party, there were quite a few at the lunch including the Captain.  

Overall passengers seem to be having a good time 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Waynetor said:

Yesterday was a perfect weather sea day. Today was more cloudy, cool breeze, bit rocky and a high of about 75F.

At yesterday's Cap. Circle party it was announced that there are currently 216 Elite and 225 Platinum members so the sting of those members being under 50% continues.  Last weeks #2 and 3 most travelled are still on but a new #1 replace the prier #1 - New high total days is 2,017.  That couple were the longest married couple at the Married Match game.  I'm sure they have seen/heard the questions a good number of times.

We had another covid test today and again passed.  I asked the person that was registering those that showed up about numbers - he said there are 199 guest being tested - most are staying on but some are transferring to another ship.

For today's Most travelled passenger party the cut-off was 431 days.  While not many officials came to last nights party, there were quite a few at the lunch including the Captain.  

Overall passengers seem to be having a good time 

Are they doing a lunch for the b2b’s each week?

On 1/27/2022 at 6:15 AM, cltnccruisers said:

Woodford is great.  Wish my golf course bar had it.  I have to settle for Maker's Mark.  Oh, the sacrifices we make.  😄

On Sky last month we ran into bar issues as well.  We initially tried Good Spirits since it was a perfect location.  DW's goto on cruises is Cpt Morgan and Sprite.  When she ordered one the waiter said they didn't have it.  So she ordered a 7&7.  Again, we don't have that - he was rather grumpy this time.  Never offered any alternatives.  It's not as though she ordered some oddball concoction.  We've had those on every cruise we've ever been on.  I forget what DW wound up with.  I had a beer.  Next night we tried them again.  I ordered a gin and tonic.  Came in a lowball glass which in my experience is a little odd but no bigee.  What was strange was the things floating around in it.  They looked like mouse droppings.  Turned out they were eucalyptus seeds. We ended up at Vines the rest of the week.

Those "things floating" in your  G&T are more likely juniper berries.  I have developed a liking for them (Which may indicate that I spent too much time at Good Spirits-Got the T shirt on the second day ) 🙂

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Syracusefan44 said:

I agree there is no way Princess is going to survive long term with ships going out with 900 to 1300 passengers onboard.

For those depending on the tipping pool for their income, they are making at least 30% less than before.

Many have left, looking for other work.

Unsure when they'll be offered another contract.

2 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

For those depending on the tipping pool for their income, they are making at least 30% less than before.

Many have left, looking for other work.

Unsure when they'll be offered another contract.

Countries like India, Indonesia and Phillipines are hurtin g is even 30% less is better then home.

On 1/28/2022 at 2:37 PM, Luckiestmanonearth said:

Looks like there may have been some fallout from early week predictions, the cruise director last night mentioned next cruise will be 30% which is in the 900-1000 passenger range. Enjoy

Wd are departing today and thoroughly enjoyed the cruise.  I would say if there was one disappointing element it was with the bar service.  They seemed to run out of many things early in the week, and at times, it’s been a challenge to get service, especially in the 5th and 7th floor bars.  Not sure if it’s because we have the drink package but we wondered if there was no incentive anymore to hustle.  And the knowledge level of the bar waiters seemed to be lacking.

But other than that, enjoyed it a lot .  We had great weather throughout (except for yesterday) and it appears to be a very chilly reception coming today in FLL

Safe trip home everyone