Live aboard the Mardi Gras

jimbo5544

On 1/22/2022 at 3:38 PM, jimbo5544 said:

Went to  Fishlips for dinner the night before, and saw the Disney Dream pull out.  

AB36DC89-DDE0-4F18-8547-E310DBBA8ED8.jpeg

Looks like you had dinner around 530pm?  I was walking on the beach near Jetty Park about that time and saw the Disney ship headed out to sea.  An hour later we were right next to Fish Lips, at Seafood Atlantic.  I wonder how many times we just missed each other.  Mardi Gras is my new favorite ship.

7 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Looks like you had dinner around 530pm?  I was walking on the beach near Jetty Park about that time and saw the Disney ship headed out to sea.  An hour later we were right next to Fish Lips, at Seafood Atlantic.  I wonder how many times we just missed each other.  Mardi Gras is my new favorite ship.

LOL….mine as well

14 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

It was right around 5:30.

9 minutes ago, princess76021 said:

I'm enjoying it tremendously!!! 

even have my rum drink!

Only problem this stupid tablet won't let me like anything 😞

it doesn't understand me 😄

hugs 

nicki

Glad you are enjoying the journey.

43 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Beignets, not empanadas, but muffulettas

actually not empanadas or muffulettas. Natchitoches (nah-ca-dish) meat pies. Muffulettas are Italian sandwiches with an olive salad on them that were invented at central grocery in New Orleans.

• Like 5

Just now, Saint Greg said:

actually not empanadas or muffulettas. Natchitoches (nah-ca-dish) meat pies. Muffulettas are Italian sandwiches with an olive salad on them that were invented at central grocery in New Orleans.

You are correct, 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

And Muffulettas are delicious, the ones we've had in New Orleans anyway.  I need to try one on our next MG cruise. I thought the Natchitoches meat pies were pretty good. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, surfjock27 said:

I’m glad they added beignets! They did not have them when we cruised in October. 

Did you try the meat pies? So good!

I don't remember ever seeing them on any review or YouTube video.  Looking forward to trying them next week.

• Like 2